First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply One Piece IS NOW HERE
55413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
It's a shame the U.K. once again misses out on something great, it's like netfllx having like a tenth of the content in the U.K. and still being the same price to subscribe, tbh i agree partially with someones early statement where subscriptions should be priced based on content rather than a flat rate worldwide, because having a flat rate basically means the people not in the U.S. are paying extra to supply the U.S. subscribers with more shows, or alternately we pay more per show than they do.

It does feel a little discrimanatory, but equally it isnt nescessarily crunchyrolls fault, prices vary worldwide and people with the rights may be asking too much, which in the end just means another artwork doesnt get worldwide exposure and its a shame for the creators and the appreciators.

Enjoy One Piece those who can, it's a great series, lets just hope crunchyroll can get it to the rest of us sooner rather than later.
20548 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13

pistolsaf wrote:


mapokl wrote:




Funny thing is it would be different if the UK got a license the US didn't wouldn't it? Then you'd be the one expressing your opinion.

I don't think of it will happens soon. Correct me if I wrong but there is no case where US didn't receive license and other region did.
But you right. I remember that in previous way people from UK said the same thing when people from other regions where complaining. Fortune is rolling around, isn't she?


Actually, Latin America and Iberian Peninsula(Spain, Portugal, Andorra) got two catalog titles that the US didn't.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dance-in-the-vampire-bund
http://www.crunchyroll.com/seiken-no-blacksmith (Sacred Blacksmith)

Both of those are from a Spanish company who also licenses in Latin America.

And to the poster that wondered why some of us are saying that UK members should let MangaUK know that they want their stuff on Crunchyroll, this is why. If anime company in Spain can provide a catalog title to members in that region, then there's no reason why MangaUK can't do the same for UK members(and FYI MangaUK has the UK rights to those shows I listed above). If enough UK consumers get the word to MangaUK that they want MangaUK catalog titles on Crunchyroll, then MangaUK will feel some pressure to comply with what their customers want. I believe that Crunchyroll really does want to work with MangaUK, so this is why I think that it's MangaUK for some reason that doesn't want to work with Crunchyroll.

And acquistitions like this will help Crunchyroll expand and grow towards 500,000 subscribers and thus expand further who will work with Crunchyroll. I wonder if MVM or MangaUK will continue to say no to a service that's growing like CR is.


As I said before an explanation from Crunchyroll is in order. If the issues lies with Manga UK and CR did indeed approach them then of course we UK members would feel obligated to make a plea. None of us know for sure what the problem is. All we can do is make guesses. Crunchyroll is my favorite service provider but announcing titles for certain countries and giving no explanation why others are unable to view them will eventually lead to trust in CR being damaged. As it stands, it just appears as though they don't care, and I can't blame someone who sees it that way. There's no communication.

Plus, having other members basically telling us we should be satisfied with what we have, as if to say our presence is only tolerated rather than valued as customers, has proven to be very infuriating. We are simply in the dark wondering if the next title to come will even be available to us, as opposed to North American members who have the leisure of celebrating at every new catalog announcement.

I don't have any ill-intention against CR because I don't know what the problem is. All I want is an explanation and a little apologetic behavior when they can't acquire streaming rights for certain regions.
55413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
The biggest problem with things like this now is the world in general, in an age where we can send vast amounts of info round the world instantaneously and have a real time conversation with people from all round the world there are still so much walls up that prevent us from sharing copyrighted products worldwide, because rights must be bought for each region the world just needs to break down a few barriers and move a little closer to unity XD (sounding totally hippy there but meh :P).

I look forward to this generations steps forward in the next 10-20 years i reckon as we take over where the last generation left off a lot of these barriers will disappear since we wouldnt want the next generation to suffer this way :P.
25309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hertfordshire, UK
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
I've noticed that Toei Animation have a European subsidiary, maybe Crunchyroll should approach them? I'm surprised they got multiple territories since Toei love to carve up regional rights, hopefully they are actually trying to get European rights.
46268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

Zol_Grimm wrote:

It's a shame the U.K. once again misses out on something great, it's like netfllx having like a tenth of the content in the U.K. and still being the same price to subscribe, tbh i agree partially with someones early statement where subscriptions should be priced based on content rather than a flat rate worldwide, because having a flat rate basically means the people not in the U.S. are paying extra to supply the U.S. subscribers with more shows, or alternately we pay more per show than they do.

It does feel a little discrimanatory, but equally it isnt nescessarily crunchyrolls fault, prices vary worldwide and people with the rights may be asking too much, which in the end just means another artwork doesnt get worldwide exposure and its a shame for the creators and the appreciators.

Enjoy One Piece those who can, it's a great series, lets just hope crunchyroll can get it to the rest of us sooner rather than later.



This whole thing where you guys think they're somehow subsidizing US subscription fees and licenses by not licensing as many titles for other regions is a complete load.
hauken 
27070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Finally! Been waiting for this for ages. I mean; so far you're the best payable options for someone who lives on the "edge" of the world, and the only thing I've missed here is One Piece. Thank you Crunchy!
17875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Britland
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Not a big fan of Toei's animation, but the OP manga is good enough that I enjoy watching the anime, to an extent.
6010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Port-of-Spain
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
i'm from trinidad(caribbean) , i'd like to know what region i'm grouped into because alot of the shows i'd like to watch don't show up.
13323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In my room.
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................................... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Times like this, I am grateful to be a premium member.
56057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
glad this is coming out on crunchy atlast but im still going to have to watch on another site as its not being streamed in UK,.. same with Magi
24010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
From the beginning? All episodes?
Crunchyroll Store Manager
27649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / California
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

AmazinFlash2 wrote:

From the beginning? All episodes?



All previous episodes will be also be available on Crunchyroll at a later date.


33992 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / 米国 ☃
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

Ginroy wrote:


Mastergold wrote:


Ginroy wrote:

Yea. We know how much you hate Europe


Seriously? it looks like Some people don't realized how difficultd is to license a anime in another country but no!!!! lets just blame crunchyroll for everything


Well.. I still think it's funny, that you got another legal way to watch One Piece when you already had dozens and we had none. You can now surf through all those websites... Week by week.


The only website I surf is CR so like I say keep blaming CR because like you say they hate the UK
Brand Manager
582528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

Vin_Howard wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:

Thought it'd be something good. Pupa please?


My thoughts exactly :/


Believe me, we were looking forward to Pupa too! But as it still has no clear airdate, it's pretty safe to say that production has been delayed on this series, and as such is not available to license for the time being.
Brand Manager
582528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

hpulley wrote:

starry.... you've changed your look! LOL

lugiamania wrote:
Now let the rejoicing commence! Maybe over at the awesome CR One Piece group run by one of our lovely Support Staff, starry!


Yes, we all know that's really you, SailorBee. Just very funny, lugiamania's message seems to indicate that's Starry LOL


Ah ha ha, I didn't realize the formatting when I posted it!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.