First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Name an anime that without fanservice no one would watch
3616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

High school of the Dead would have been better without the fan service, IMO. Infinite Startos without the fan service would be awful. Wanna be the moaniest fighter in the world is awful even with it's fan service.



What would be left of HotD without fanservice?

IS still would have some cool Mecha at least to make it watchable!

Replied before the ninja edit.

15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13

eightcar wrote:


Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

High school of the Dead would have been better without the fan service, IMO. Infinite Startos without the fan service would be awful. Wanna be the moaniest fighter in the world is awful even with it's fan service.



What would be left of HotD without fanservice?

IS still would have some cool Mecha at least to make it watchable!


A girl in the Kendo club taking down zombies with a katana. The little military otaku Mcguyvering a nail gun into an assault rifle. If the camera angles and the outfits were different and the boobs behaved like boobs and not flubber, 90% of HSotD's fan service would be gone without any change to the length of the series.

Another ninja edit, IS would be a boring 3 episode OVA without the fanservice, and I like IS
22523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13

qualeshia3 wrote:

Gintama.

or

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Um, I think it is safe to say that no one watched Code Geass for the fan service.

9809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Trost
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Free Iwatobi Swim Club (...at least *I* wouldn't watch it)
High School of the Dead
Tenchi Muyo! GXP for sure....

Edit: Oh, and Golden Boy too
49945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13

ichigosr55 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Gintama.

or

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
Um, I think it is safe to say that no one watched Code Geass for the fan service.



Seriously, that was the only other series I could think of at the moment besides Gintama.


Screw it!

Freezing
Seikon no Qwaser
Infinite Stratos
Queen's Blade

Thats' it.
21749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
To Love-Ru. Well, most ecchi shows I guess.

I also think HOTD would've been better without the heavy fanservice. The fanservice is the only reason I don't recommend this show to non-anime watchers.
98166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Demon King Daimao

That show is like,

60% Fanservice

10% Plot

And 30% Nonsensical Bullshit

Also,

Heavens Lost Property...

The problem I have with this anime (other than me just hating ecchi) is that they actually TRIED with the whole Uranus Queen thing

But after the first season the writers were just like:

"Fuck it! Boobs! Boobs EVERYWHERE!!!"
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Hands Down Infinite Stratos and HoTD.
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Thats funny.... fan service is why I stopped watching High School of the Dead. I haven't looked at the manga.

But to answer your question..would it not be most of the anime on the CR lineup? This site is saturated with anime fan service for males and I don't think that these anime would be watched without it. Meaning, I don't think the male audience, regardless of plot or characters would watch without the fan service. And if the anime just happens to have a good plot and characters..well thats just a bonus.

It's interesting that Free is the only fan service on CR that is geared toward females...and no, I haven't really taken the time to watch it, even with the promise of some good fan service.

9113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/2/13

Schmeh172 wrote:

Demon King Daimao

That show is like,

60% Fanservice

10% Plot

And 30% Nonsensical Bullshit

Also,

Heavens Lost Property...

The problem I have with this anime (other than me just hating ecchi) is that they actually TRIED with the whole Uranus Queen thing

But after the first season the writers were just like:

"Fuck it! Boobs! Boobs EVERYWHERE!!!"


I thought it was more flying panties.


Ajcool33 wrote:

Hands Down Infinite Stratos and HoTD.


Disagree about HOTD. I think it would actually be improved without things like the Sensai's boobs having their own sound effects or panty shots of dead people.


Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
There is nothing that anyone can list that I would ignore on the basis of them not having fanservice.

Also, I would enjoy the HOTD anime much more without the "boob matrix" (and worse) going on, because of the wonderful carnage, zombies, and badassery of the combat. I'd certainly still enjoy Code Geass, too.


You're dealing with someone who unabashedly watches and enjoys clean cartoons and whatnot.
22101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / On the Court
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Ajcool33 wrote:

Hands Down Infinite Stratos and HoTD.


Disagree about HOTD. I think it would actually be improved without things like the Sensai's boobs having their own sound effects or panty shots of dead people.





To be honest one of the reason why I stuck with the show is because of the fanservice. I started the series when the zombie genre was getting over played and I grew tired of it. Basically stayed for the boobs, almost left because of the zombies.
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Sora no Otoshimono
21575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 10/31/13 , edited 11/1/13
Rosario+Vampire

I watch it fully knowing it's nothing but fan service and I enjoy every second of it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.