First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Name an anime that without fanservice no one would watch
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

EhunterE wrote:

Black Rock Shooter has no fan service but I still watched it.


However that is is not the question is it?


47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13


No, apparently you are the one who doesnt get the question.

The question was what show without fanservice no one would watch. Fairy Tail is a perfect example of this.

Fairy Tail is not good and its not respectable. The series is all about friendship powerups and speeches. Fairy Tail should never be compared to the likes of One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Fairy Tail hypes up their villains to be so badass just to have them lose due to the biggest bullshit asspulls shounen has ever seen. Yes I know some other shounens may occasionally pull something like this, but nothing to the degree Fairy Tail has. Its in its own league of bullshit.

It is as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

So in conclusion, you have no idea what you're talking about.
7525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
Hmm... A Certain Magical Index, maybe. Without the whole "FUKOU DAAA~!!!" fanservice part, you've basically stripped away half of the plot away from it. And who doesn't enjoy Kuroko's yuri moments?
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13

TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

Hmm... A Certain Magical Index, maybe. Without the whole "FUKOU DAAA~!!!" fanservice part, you've basically stripped away half of the plot away from it.


Honestly? The whole corrupted scientific esper city (and its users who abuse their power or feel oppressed) and secret magical church cults are only half of the plot?

Railgun S dropped almost all of the fan service (with the exception of a single scene of Misaka Imouto) and it didn't exactly lack substance.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

superluccix wrote:



No, apparently you are the one who doesnt get the question.

The question was what show without fanservice no one would watch. Fairy Tail is a perfect example of this.

Fairy Tail is not good and its not respectable. The series is all about friendship powerups and speeches. Fairy Tail should never be compared to the likes of One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Fairy Tail hypes up their villains to be so badass just to have them lose due to the biggest bullshit asspulls shounen has ever seen. Yes I know some other shounens may occasionally pull something like this, but nothing to the degree Fairy Tail has. Its in its own league of bullshit.

It is as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

So in conclusion, you have no idea what you're talking about.


All I see here are opinions. You've proved nothing. Not that I care I don't follow fairy tail, but your attempt to argue with the poster you quoted. Frankly, fails.


47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 11/1/13


So im the one arguing when somebody else replied to me first? Interesting.

Anyways, my opinions backed up by what actually happens in the series? Those are called facts.

And if what I said did not prove anything, then what information WOULD prove anything?

The poster called me out. I refuted him. Then you quote me saying I fail because......you say so?

My opinion is backed with fact. Your criticism on the other hand, is without any substance.

Also, I could reverse your comment back at you. "All I see here are opinions. You've proved nothing." So using this logic, you havent proved I failed. It works both ways.

Nice try though.
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

superluccix wrote:



So im the one arguing when somebody else replied to me first? Interesting.

Anyways, my opinions backed up by what actually happens in the series? Those are called facts.

And if what I said did not prove anything, then what information WOULD prove anything?

The poster called me out. I refuted him. Then you quote me saying I fail because......you say so?

My opinion is backed with fact. Your criticism on the other hand, is without any substance.

Also, I could reverse your comment back at you. "All I see here are opinions. You've proved nothing." So using this logic, you havent proved I failed. It works both ways.

Nice try though.


What did you think I was trying? As I said I have no dog in this fight. But all you put out in your refutation of the poster above you was assertions based on value judgments. It didn't impress me. Nor does attacking me for not buying your line.

4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13

superluccix wrote:

No, apparently you are the one who doesnt get the question.

The question was what show without fanservice no one would watch. Fairy Tail is a perfect example of this.

Fairy Tail is not good and its not respectable. The series is all about friendship powerups and speeches. Fairy Tail should never be compared to the likes of One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach. Fairy Tail hypes up their villains to be so badass just to have them lose due to the biggest bullshit asspulls shounen has ever seen. Yes I know some other shounens may occasionally pull something like this, but nothing to the degree Fairy Tail has. Its in its own league of bullshit.

It is as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

So in conclusion, you have no idea what you're talking about.



superluccix wrote:
Naruto, and bleach.


I rest my case.
Bleach is also worse about degrading women regarding orihime and rangiku.
I have also watched bleach and i'm watching naruto and one piece.
I'm reading fairy tail, bleach and naruto even.

FT isn't anything close to breaking any fanservice violations to make such a claim.
I bet you don't even know how fanservice has changed over the years from the 1980s and up and the differences of fanservices and the do's and don'ts.


superluccix wrote:

No, apparently you are the one who doesnt get the question.

Also.. the whole point of this question is to say what show's would be good either way, not to start stupid flame wars.
7525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Crimson Mage Village
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

HauAreWe wrote:


TripleBakaKimidori wrote:

Hmm... A Certain Magical Index, maybe. Without the whole "FUKOU DAAA~!!!" fanservice part, you've basically stripped away half of the plot away from it.


Honestly? The whole corrupted scientific esper city (and its users who abuse their power or feel oppressed) and secret magical church cults are only half of the plot?

Railgun S dropped almost all of the fan service (with the exception of a single scene of Misaka Imouto) and it didn't exactly lack substance.



Since I obviously cannot win this argument, let me just correct myself- without the whole "FUKOU DAAA~!!!" fanservice part, you've basically stripped away most of Touma's character and the spark that led to several incidents- I guess it's not unwatchable without it, but it is better with than without.
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

I vote Ikkitôsen. The idea of the show is good, and the creators could have chosen to do an action-packed, modern-day recreation of Three Kingdoms awesomeness, but they instead opt for (badly-drawn) boobs every time. Disappointing. I mean, if there were a bit of fan service in there to go with a good plot, that'd be fine, but the plot is shit, quite frankly, and all the stupid boobage doesn't make it any better.


well to be honest fanservice couldn't save that train wreak of an anime. But if you want to see some really bad drawen boobs watch Air Master worst boobs ever plus a loli so freaking annoying you will want to jab two pencils in your ears just to stop the pain
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

eightcar wrote:

Basically what is an anime that if the fanservice was completely removed would no one ever bother watching (excluding hentai titles please...that would be too easy)

My nomination for this would be:

High School of the Dead (aka Fanservice of the dead)

Let's see what everyone else has got for this!


Attack On Titan. because...... it's just not that good. I only watch it because it's a "need to know" sort of thing like Naruto. Except Naruto is boss. AOT is predictable, boring, repetitive, and it just takes way to long for them to get to the point. like, "YES! Your fellow classmate is a titan too! Grow a pair and kill her already!"
4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13

schnipdip wrote:


eightcar wrote:

Basically what is an anime that if the fanservice was completely removed would no one ever bother watching (excluding hentai titles please...that would be too easy)

My nomination for this would be:

High School of the Dead (aka Fanservice of the dead)

Let's see what everyone else has got for this!


Attack On Titan. because...... it's just not that good. I only watch it because it's a "need to know" sort of thing like Naruto. Except Naruto is boss. AOT is predictable, boring, repetitive, and it just takes way to long for them to get to the point. like, "YES! Your fellow classmate is a titan too! Grow a pair and kill her already!"


You're probably "that" guy that skipped zetsuen no tempest, and aren't even thinking about watching shinsekai yori because it's to dialog heavy and don't even know the meaning of "build up".
Also...

schnipdip wrote:
Attack On Titan.

I don't even...
Theirs a huge fanbase of girls even because the women and men are both clothed in a respectable manner!!
I'm not even really sure what could constitute as genuine fanservice in that anime to actually make that claim.


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
What 'fanservice' was there in AOT to remove?


I know right?! i SO want to hear this!

Also when is this thread gonna start kicking it in high gear and say something relevant to the forum topic, or not setting obvious bait lol.

75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/1/13

schnipdip wrote:


eightcar wrote:

Basically what is an anime that if the fanservice was completely removed would no one ever bother watching (excluding hentai titles please...that would be too easy)

My nomination for this would be:

High School of the Dead (aka Fanservice of the dead)

Let's see what everyone else has got for this!


Attack On Titan. because...... it's just not that good. I only watch it because it's a "need to know" sort of thing like Naruto. Except Naruto is boss. AOT is predictable, boring, repetitive, and it just takes way to long for them to get to the point. like, "YES! Your fellow classmate is a titan too! Grow a pair and kill her already!"


What 'fanservice' was there in AOT to remove?


4451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/13 , edited 11/1/13
People just don't get that this thread's purpose isn't..
"it has fanservice so it's shit"
Or apparently "it's shit in my opinion so it's shit"
Let's randomly bring up Sao, gc, AoT etc~

uncletim wrote:

well you can take Yoko out of Gurren Lagann and people will still watch it but it won't be half as good

It's funny how we see kamina and simon's "drill" but nothing regarding yoko..
That bonus episode was such a tease..
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/1/13
well you can take Yoko out of Gurren Lagann and people will still watch it but it won't be half as good
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.