Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Name an anime that without fanservice no one would watch
8067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Serbia, Zaječar
Offline
Posted 11/2/13
Queen's Blade imo. Now, if they invested more resources into actual fighting, and if it had more gore&violence, rather than naked boobs every few minutes of the show, anime could possibly be really good and enjoyable.

One thing i dont understand in this thread is that guy constantly saying Gintama. Its just, i cant get it if you are trolling or are you serious there? o.0' Well, i mean, if into fanservice you can count incredible awesomeness this show has to offer at about any serious or less serious arc, then yes, it is damn FULL of fanservice. Other than that, i didnt really notice naked girls running around with bouncy boobs and panty shots during fights, but hey, maybe thats just me, maybe i missed something...
8782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In my bed!
Offline
Posted 11/2/13 , edited 11/2/13

SchilleX wrote:

Queen's Blade imo. Now, if they invested more resources into actual fighting, and if it had more gore&violence, rather than naked boobs every few minutes of the show, anime could possibly be really good and enjoyable.

One thing i dont understand in this thread is that guy constantly saying Gintama. Its just, i cant get it if you are trolling or are you serious there? o.0' Well, i mean, if into fanservice you can count incredible awesomeness this show has to offer at about any serious or less serious arc, then yes, it is damn FULL of fanservice. Other than that, i didnt really notice naked girls running around with bouncy boobs and panty shots during fights, but hey, maybe thats just me, maybe i missed something...


I have to agree with this on the Gintama part... i really don't get the fan service part of it.. unless like mentioned... the fights? the seriousness or lack of serious stuff?
But i don't really see the fan service, like other anime's were mentioned with? o_o

but i also agree on Seikon no Qwaser..
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/2/13

mert92 wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



True. From the table scene to Kallen showering in the waterfalls only to have Suzaku pin her down afterwards.
Good times.

Oh yeah, the table scene. I think I did my best to forget that ever happened... she was hands down my least favourite character on the show. Nevermind. I guess just have a different perception of what qualifies as fanservice to most... I don't really have an issue with nudity or sex as long as there's some sort of context, it's just when it's thrown in so randomly smack bang into the middle of an otherwise significant scene. Season one had scenes where those things might have been present, but it wasn't usually illogical or obvious. Kallen taking a shower and bathing in the waterfall were fine by me, while giving us arse shots of C.C from below in the middle of a Knightmare fight during season two bothered me. It's the difference between Game of Thrones and Spartacus.


poor table-kun now he can't get married since evil Nina raped him

67647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Thing is.. I don't see Nina auto-eroticism as 'fan service' we weren't really 'shown' anything It's not QUITE explicit just strongly implied. What is was for me, instead was weird bit of character development for Nina that made her ... more pathetic and unlikeable, while laying the ground work for her later insanity.
3410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Probably Sora no Otoshimono and things similar when it comes to sexual/physical fanservice. Same with Free!.

Most KyoAni shows rely on good animation and fanservice of the "moe" variety, so it'd be interesting to see how they'd do without it.
1211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 11/3/13 , edited 11/3/13

uncletim wrote:

A lot of people on CR forget who these anime are targeted at......here is a hint it's not us. It's targeted at Japanese males mostly 13 to 21 and if you were to ask a male between 13 and 21 do you want fanservice they mostly will say yes and since that is the target group for most anime production studios not all but most so yeah fanservice is going no where if anything it will get worst or better depending on your point of view becuase....SEX SELLS simple as that


Considering how most ecchi/fan service-y anime flop really shows that the 'sex sells' statement isn't actually all that true.

Anyway, Highschool DxD would be nothing without its fanservice.
Kanokon as well.
Ikkitousen, Chuu Bra!!

People say Free! wouldn't be memorable without its fanservice, but to be honest I think it would still be memorable for the fact that KyoAni, a studio known for only cute girl shows, actually made the anime. That was the reason many people threw a fit over it anyway.
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/3/13

Charizam wrote:


uncletim wrote:

A lot of people on CR forget who these anime are targeted at......here is a hint it's not us. It's targeted at Japanese males mostly 13 to 21 and if you were to ask a male between 13 and 21 do you want fanservice they mostly will say yes and since that is the target group for most anime production studios not all but most so yeah fanservice is going no where if anything it will get worst or better depending on your point of view becuase....SEX SELLS simple as that


Considering how most ecchi/fan service-y anime flop really shows that the 'sex sells' statement isn't actually all that true.

Anyway, Highschool DxD would be nothing without its fanservice.
Kanokon as well.
Ikkitousen, Chuu Bra!!

People say Free! wouldn't be memorable without its fanservice, but to be honest I think it would still be memorable for the fact that KyoAni, a studio known for only cute girl shows, actually made the anime. That was the reason many people threw a fit over it anyway.


if what you said was true wouldn't they stop the fanservice? The proof is in the pudding as they say. Since they are still putting fanservice in they are still making boatloads of money because sex still sells
1211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 11/3/13

uncletim wrote:


Charizam wrote:


uncletim wrote:

A lot of people on CR forget who these anime are targeted at......here is a hint it's not us. It's targeted at Japanese males mostly 13 to 21 and if you were to ask a male between 13 and 21 do you want fanservice they mostly will say yes and since that is the target group for most anime production studios not all but most so yeah fanservice is going no where if anything it will get worst or better depending on your point of view becuase....SEX SELLS simple as that


Considering how most ecchi/fan service-y anime flop really shows that the 'sex sells' statement isn't actually all that true.

Anyway, Highschool DxD would be nothing without its fanservice.
Kanokon as well.
Ikkitousen, Chuu Bra!!

People say Free! wouldn't be memorable without its fanservice, but to be honest I think it would still be memorable for the fact that KyoAni, a studio known for only cute girl shows, actually made the anime. That was the reason many people threw a fit over it anyway.


if what you said was true wouldn't they stop the fanservice? The proof is in the pudding as they say. Since they are still putting fanservice in they are still making boatloads of money because sex still sells


Except they don't make a buttload of money. Look at actual sales of anime and see how little they sell.
There's a reason most fanservice-y/ecchi animes have shitty budgets. They're rarely a hit and it's more likely that a studio will lose money over putting effort into them than not.

A lot of anime are just advertisements anyway. Highschool DxD was made to promote the light novel, Kancolle is gunna be a sort of advertisement for the game, I assume.
They make some anime to hopefully boost the sales of something else. (Visual novel, card game, manga, book.)
Also, notice how most of these fanservice animes never get sequels.
Uta-Pri is an extremely successful example of this, as is Monogatari despite its sales dropping this season.
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/3/13

Charizam wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Charizam wrote:


uncletim wrote:

A lot of people on CR forget who these anime are targeted at......here is a hint it's not us. It's targeted at Japanese males mostly 13 to 21 and if you were to ask a male between 13 and 21 do you want fanservice they mostly will say yes and since that is the target group for most anime production studios not all but most so yeah fanservice is going no where if anything it will get worst or better depending on your point of view becuase....SEX SELLS simple as that


Considering how most ecchi/fan service-y anime flop really shows that the 'sex sells' statement isn't actually all that true.

Anyway, Highschool DxD would be nothing without its fanservice.
Kanokon as well.
Ikkitousen, Chuu Bra!!

People say Free! wouldn't be memorable without its fanservice, but to be honest I think it would still be memorable for the fact that KyoAni, a studio known for only cute girl shows, actually made the anime. That was the reason many people threw a fit over it anyway.


if what you said was true wouldn't they stop the fanservice? The proof is in the pudding as they say. Since they are still putting fanservice in they are still making boatloads of money because sex still sells


Except they don't make a buttload of money. Look at actual sales of anime and see how little they sell.
There's a reason most fanservice-y/ecchi animes have shitty budgets. They're rarely a hit and it's more likely that a studio will lose money over putting effort into them than not.

A lot of anime are just advertisements anyway. Highschool DxD was made to promote the light novel, Kancolle is gunna be a sort of advertisement for the game, I assume.
They make some anime to hopefully boost the sales of something else. (Visual novel, card game, manga, book.)
Also, notice how most of these fanservice animes never get sequels.
Uta-Pri is an extremely successful example of this, as is Monogatari despite its sales dropping this season.


By your logic they shoudn't be putting out fanservice anime because there is no market for it Maybe there are more horny teenages and adults for that matter then you think. Why make anime women sexy? Because that is what the fan base wants

94 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Bakemonogatari series. It just wouldn't be the same.
1211 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 11/3/13


By my logic, the market is small and that's why they get shitty adaptions cause they don't produce many hits.
I was just saying that your 'sex sells' statement doesn't really work considering all the flops that happen.
It takes more than just sex appeal for something to sell, obviously.

Attractive characters don't mean fanservice-y/ecchi animes. KNB has attractive male characters, but it doesn't make it a fanservice heavy anime in the slightest.
8788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Limbo
Offline
Posted 11/3/13 , edited 11/3/13
Uta-Pri was too...goofy for my liking. Singing wasn't all that good, either. Anyways. My votes go to Queen's Blade and Seikon no Quaser as well. I watched the latter blind(having no idea what it was about)...oh, how I wish I could get my 2 days watching it back. Utter trash. =-=
7973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
This is easy, Pretty much every shonen anime/manga there is.
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/3/13 , edited 11/3/13

Charizam wrote:



By my logic, the market is small and that's why they get shitty adaptions cause they don't produce many hits.
I was just saying that your 'sex sells' statement doesn't really work considering all the flops that happen.
It takes more than just sex appeal for something to sell, obviously.

Attractive characters don't mean fanservice-y/ecchi animes. KNB has attractive male characters, but it doesn't make it a fanservice heavy anime in the slightest.


the number one selling anime of all time was The world of Golden Eggs....no clue what this is honestly
number two Neon Genesis Evangelion fanservice heavy hell they even say in the perviews there will be more fanservice
number three Golden eggs second season agian no clue
number four Bakemonogatari fanservice heavy
number five Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica which some say has a lot of fanservice but yeah I don't really think so myself

So if 2 or 3 of the top elling anime of all time have fanservice it must be what the people want

link to my source
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1cqo3y/alltime_best_selling_tv_anime_average_sales/
2886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/3/13
Fairy Tail.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.