First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply General Manga Discussions
15744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/13 , edited 11/6/13
Discuss a manga series of your choosing.

*This is a free discussion thread designed for Manga, so now you guys can talk with anybody about what you've currently been reading or have completed.



You can find the General Anime Discussions here: www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-820049/general-anime-discussions








So I just finished Fujimura-kun's Mates. I thought the ending was hilarious and wished they'd continue it. But beggars can't be choosers, so to anyone who's finished this.. thoughts?
Posted 11/4/13 , edited 11/4/13

RolexKid wrote:
So I just finished Fujimura-kun's Mates. I thought the ending was hilarious and wished they'd continue it. But beggars can't be choosers, so to anyone who's finished this.. thoughts?

Would you recommend this manga series to anyone? I've been looking for another series to slap on my back

So, anyone looking at this thread currently; what do you think about Sora no Otoshimono? I love the series, but I can't take the wait for the next chapter
15744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/13 , edited 11/4/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:


RolexKid wrote:
So I just finished Fujimura-kun's Mates. I thought the ending was hilarious and wished they'd continue it. But beggars can't be choosers, so to anyone who's finished this.. thoughts?

Would you recommend this manga series to anyone? I've been looking for another series to slap on my back

So, anyone looking at this thread currently; what do you think about Sora no Otoshimono? I love the series, but I can't take the wait for the next chapter


Definitely. it's a fun over-the-top quirky gag manga that i've been reading recently.



looks like i'm going bald

~~
as for sora no otoshimono, i watched the anime and liked it, didn't know that there was a manga adaption, gotta check that out.
Posted 11/4/13 , edited 11/4/13

RolexKid wrote:
Definitely. it's a fun over-the-top quirky gag manga that i've been reading recently.
~~
as for sora no otoshimono, i didn't know that there was a manga adaption, gotta check that out.


Cool. I'll check it out :)

If you do, thread with caution even though we haven't really seen anything from the anime adaptation. I could be spoiler if you hate them
15744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:

If you do, thread with caution even though we haven't really seen anything from the anime adaptation. I could be spoiler if you hate them


Thanks, I think i'll stop where S2 of the anime ends, so I don't spoil myself for later XD

9267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/4/13
Anybody here read Cage of Eden? I heard it gets boring near the end, so i've been iffy on picking this one up.
Posted 11/5/13
Unfortunately I haven't had about that manga before today as my knowledge of manga pales in comparison to the years of anime I've watched. (If that didn't make any sense, short answer: I haven't been reading manga for long)
Fujimura-kun's Mates seems pretty funny.and, in my opinion of reading only the first 3 chapters, a bit random to a degree.

Since we have a general thread for manga, I'm going to talk Gintama. The series always manages to put a smile on my face while also having a seriously tone
15744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:

Fujimura-kun's Mates seems pretty funny.and, in my opinion of reading only the first 3 chapters, a bit random to a degree.

Since we have a general thread for manga, I'm going to talk Gintama. The series always manages to put a smile on my face while also having a seriously tone


the randomness increases as it progresses

as for gintama, i think the main attraction of it is that it never fails to break the 4th wall, lol
141662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 11/6/13

Chemist wrote:

Anybody here read Cage of Eden? I heard it gets boring near the end, so i've been iffy on picking this one up.


I have and its a pretty good pace until the latter half. Well, just brace yourself but the ride gets twisted. Regarding the ending, I won't spoil it but it's a bit disappointing.
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

stark700 wrote:


Chemist wrote:

Anybody here read Cage of Eden? I heard it gets boring near the end, so i've been iffy on picking this one up.


I have and its a pretty good pace until the latter half. Well, just brace yourself but the ride gets twisted. Regarding the ending, I won't spoil it but it's a bit disappointing.


It got rushed.
9267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

stark700 wrote:






Shrapnel893 wrote:



Man.. those are the kind of endings that I tend to dislike, but the plot and setting seems really interesting. I guess I'll give this a try.
141662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 11/6/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


stark700 wrote:


Chemist wrote:

Anybody here read Cage of Eden? I heard it gets boring near the end, so i've been iffy on picking this one up.


I have and its a pretty good pace until the latter half. Well, just brace yourself but the ride gets twisted. Regarding the ending, I won't spoil it but it's a bit disappointing.


It got rushed.


Tbh, the first few volumes had its pace going with the mysteries but then it later got rushed with everything trying to mixed together. I was hooked with most of the first half but the second half of an actual antagonist and his drama along with a bunch of elements added together killed it for me.

Still entertaining though.
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/6/13

Chemist wrote:

Man.. those are the kind of endings that I tend to dislike, but the plot and setting seems really interesting. I guess I'll give this a try.


You ever try Battle Royale, Eden: It's An Endless World!, Biomega, Biomeat: Nector, Juatsutou, Btooom!, Limit, or Ousama Game? They'll all about survival like Cage of Eden, among other things.
9267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/7/13 , edited 11/7/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Chemist wrote:

Man.. those are the kind of endings that I tend to dislike, but the plot and setting seems really interesting. I guess I'll give this a try.


You ever try Battle Royale, Eden: It's An Endless World!, Biomega, Biomeat: Nector, Juatsutou, Btooom!, Limit, or Ousama Game? They'll all about survival like Cage of Eden, among other things.


I've read Btooom and it's pretty good. Thanks for the recommendations!
12378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 11/7/13
I just finsh Gantz (awesome manga fair to poor anime) and am looking to start another manga series can anyone recommend a good space opera type story that I can start?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.