First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Nisekoi Anticipation & Discussions
48805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
So far, so good. The first episode is as good as I expected it to be and the voice acting is excellent. I can't wait for more!
23035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Evilshadowx wrote:


Porotchi812 wrote:

I Really enjoyed the first episode, the visuals were amazing

Does anyone know if this will be 1-cour or 2-cour?


It's 2-cour. Thank god.


Awesome! I Was hoping that it'll be 2-cour ^^
Thanks for the info


Koda89 
17388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Well this was pretty funny. I can see why this show had a defend amount of hype going into this episode.

Also I can't help but think of Lain from Serial Experiments Lain every time I see Onodera.
16553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Evilshadowx wrote:


Porotchi812 wrote:

I Really enjoyed the first episode, the visuals were amazing

Does anyone know if this will be 1-cour or 2-cour?


It's 2-cour. Thank god.


ah nice, means they can finish it off with the romeo and juliet arc since it seems like they can cover about 2-3 chapters per episode.
11666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Seoul
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14
The only thing that attracts me about this anime is the art style which is very similar to the Monogatari Series, though I shouldn't be surprised since it is from SHAFT and the same director
33149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
And Nao Touyama voices yet another blond, half-Japanese schoolgirl! Though this one's definitely more abrasive and violent than Karen could ever conceivably be.

Anyway, obviously Onodera has something to do with the locket, though given that the OP-used-as-ED-for-first-episode shows two keys, there's definitely the possibility of a red herring there. Also, HanaKana!

Other than that, lots of SHAFT flair, as expected. Looking forward to more.
17058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Loving what SHAFT did to this series, can definitely say that its a strong start to the show, as a person who's been around since the earliest chapters, I'm really liking the way that SHAFT bended their style into the adaptation, so much detail in every scene, makes every scene look significant and beautifully made.
On another note I'm liking the new ClariS song, which is a surprise considering I'm not usually a fan of their songs.

Overall, really pleased with the first episode can't wait for more and thank god its two-cour
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Shaft, ClariS, Kana, Kouki, talent just oozing from this one.

Only sad thing about two cour is Hanamonogatari when?? Kizumonogatari ever? But I will enjoy every episode of Nisekoi!
23028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

hpulley wrote:

Shaft, ClariS, Kana, Kouki, talent just oozing from this one.

Only sad thing about two cour is Hanamonogatari when?? Kizumonogatari ever? But I will enjoy every episode of Nisekoi!


I have not seen the ep yet I’m waiting for it to get darker (as in night). But what I would like say is I would've loved to have seen Haruka tomatsu as Chitoge and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Raku don’t know if anyone remembers they did the vomic. I'm just adding this in to see what you guys think on how they would have taken the roll.

(And also i dont hate the current voice actors just want to clear that up)
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

skydive47 wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Shaft, ClariS, Kana, Kouki, talent just oozing from this one.

Only sad thing about two cour is Hanamonogatari when?? Kizumonogatari ever? But I will enjoy every episode of Nisekoi!


I have not seen the ep yet I’m waiting for it to get darker (as in night). But what I would like say is I would've loved to have seen Haruka tomatsu as Chitoge and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Raku don’t know if anyone remembers they did the vomic. I'm just adding this in to see what you guys think on how they would have taken the roll.

(And also i dont hate the current voice actors just want to clear that up)
I love Haruki Tomatsu but... I think Nao suits her better. And I love Nao as Yui in SNAFU and Chi-chan in Mao-sama.

Matsuoka... hmm, like Sorata from Sakurasou... I'm not so sure. I thought he was great as Sorata but again, most or more suitable? Hard to say...

Kouki's voice at first sounds too cool for it until the yakuza stuff starts and then it seems to fit.
23028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

hpulley wrote:


skydive47 wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Shaft, ClariS, Kana, Kouki, talent just oozing from this one.

Only sad thing about two cour is Hanamonogatari when?? Kizumonogatari ever? But I will enjoy every episode of Nisekoi!


I have not seen the ep yet I’m waiting for it to get darker (as in night). But what I would like say is I would've loved to have seen Haruka tomatsu as Chitoge and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Raku don’t know if anyone remembers they did the vomic. I'm just adding this in to see what you guys think on how they would have taken the roll.

(And also i dont hate the current voice actors just want to clear that up)
I love Haruki Tomatsu but... I think Nao suits her better. And I love Nao as Yui in SNAFU and Chi-chan in Mao-sama.

Matsuoka... hmm, like Sorata from Sakurasou... I'm not so sure. I thought he was great as Sorata but again, most or more suitable? Hard to say...

Kouki's voice at first sounds too cool for it until the yakuza stuff starts and then it seems to fit.



I was just thinking since they’re the first ones to voice these characters and so it's been in my head for a while. When I first read that they were doing the voices for the drama cd or vomic I thought they were great choices. And I thought Haruka could pull of Chitoge's character and as for Matsuoka I just thought he matched Raku more cause you know how Kouki he usually plays the cool character. As you said yourself his voice sounds to cool.

(I haven't watched the 1st episode yet, so I’ll post what I think afterwards)
24627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
I get it now. I know why people were so excited about this anime.

That was an awesome first episode. Music was great. Animation looked awesome. Character designs are really good too.

Don't remember the OP, but I liked the ED a lot.

Raku=Yoshino from Blast of Tempest=thumbs up.
Chitoge=Karen from Kiniro Mosaic=another half-American/half-Japanese for Nao...huh...

All in all, I am REALLY glad I decided to give this a shot. I actually think it could become one of my all time favorites.
od1968 
17236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Lived up to the hype. Strong ep 1.
47733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 1/11/14
Glad to see that people are enjoying it. The animation still feels off to me, like SHAFT isn't at 100% with this show like they were with Monogatari or Madoka. This is more of a personal take on it than anything really so it shouldn't discount the show for others.

Otherwise, this and D-Frag have received pretty good adaptations based on their first episodes.
50478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

skydive47 wrote:
...I was just thinking since they’re the first ones to voice these characters and so it's been in my head for a while. When I first read that they were doing the voices for the drama cd or vomic I thought they were great choices. And I thought Haruka could pull of Chitoge's character and as for Matsuoka I just thought he matched Raku more cause you know how Kouki he usually plays the cool character. As you said yourself his voice sounds to cool.

(I haven't watched the 1st episode yet, so I’ll post what I think afterwards)
It is is odd to change the seiyuu after they've done drama CDs or whatever. I don't know what reason there would be for the change. I haven't heard the vomics so I don't know if they are better or worse, I am just going from other work I've heard them in.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.