WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Refrain Live Discussion!
Creator
31508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

Cloakedboltz wrote:

There was no urgency in the rescue scene, it ticked me off.





Mattumanu wrote:


Cloakedboltz wrote:

There was no urgency in the rescue scene, it ticked me off.


Yes there was. "Urgency" wasn't the point, it was more in "you can do this". I watch anime for exactly this reason. In the US, everything has to have "urgency", but what they often do in Japan (and do very well in my opinion), is present the drama of people exceeding their abilities and pulling off something difficult. I started crying when I saw Rin running back down the hill with the makeshift stretcher. That's where your urgency is. Will Rin break somewhere and not be able to continue? Will Riki collapse with a bout of Narcolepsy? The weakest characters where the ones that saved the day. That's pretty damn cool, every day.

So sorry, I don't agree with you at all.



As a matter of fact, the Visual Novel wound up punishing players who made too many rash decisions - beginning the rescue without thinking things through, deciding to rescue Kyousuke before the others, etc.
Member
18298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13

AsaLostar wrote:

As a matter of fact, the Visual Novel wound up punishing players who made too many rash decisions - beginning the rescue without thinking things through, deciding to rescue Kyousuke before the others, etc.


This is the soundtrack they used for the rescue in the anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trT2hnnMyTw&list=PL0B7EB8CDA1B02282&index=22

This makes the whole bus crash less dramatic that it should be. It's like we're all the way back in the dream world and Rikki is still out there helping out girls with their problems or facing a dream world quirk.

The music in the VN was much more fitting for the situation. It really created a sense of urgency and it punished you for making inefficient choices. There was really a sense that the thing could explode at any moment, even if Kyousuke was blocking the gas leak.
Member
34377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M
Offline
Posted 12/31/13

Cloakedboltz wrote:


AsaLostar wrote:

As a matter of fact, the Visual Novel wound up punishing players who made too many rash decisions - beginning the rescue without thinking things through, deciding to rescue Kyousuke before the others, etc.


This is the soundtrack they used for the rescue in the anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trT2hnnMyTw&list=PL0B7EB8CDA1B02282&index=22

This makes the whole bus crash less dramatic that it should be. It's like we're all the way back in the dream world and Rikki is still out there helping out girls with their problems or facing a dream world quirk.

The music in the VN was much more fitting for the situation. It really created a sense of urgency and it punished you for making inefficient choices. There was really a sense that the thing could explode at any moment, even if Kyousuke was blocking the gas leak.


Music isn't what drives the tension, it's the story. But you can believe what you want to believe. If a story needs a certain kind of music to make it good, then maybe the story itself isn't any good.

Creator
31508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/1/14 , edited 1/1/14
I grew up with videogames where the soundtrack told more story than the words itself (i.e. Super Metroid), and honestly an anime's OST is very important to me when it comes to painting a picture for a series. So in a sense, I have an opposite opinion where if people didn't put any effort towards making an adequate soundtrack for the franchise, then it feels even more like they were after a quick buck. That's just my general opinion. Back on the topic of Little Busters, while I agree with Cloakedboltz that the song choice for the VN was better, I feel that the reason they decided against adding the song was because that song was only something like a 20-30 second loop, which would have been an iffy addition. One thing I didn't agree with was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDV1rOKElTY

They chose to use this song in one of the later segments of the last episode, even though the scenes involved had nothing to do with Komari.. as if they weren't aware that the song was made specifically for her. What they should have used in place of it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRyncWtetws

It's no big deal of course, but it did bug me a little.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.