First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
We are all gonna DIE
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

KiteCross wrote:

He snapped.


So long buddy it was nice knowing you.


Gotenz

2012 - 2013


No we are all the crazy ones for wanting to continue living, he simply has found the meaning of the world.
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the fact that quite logically speaking if you do not believe in life after death OR as some would call it a higher purpose then life is meaningless. Now you may try to infuse meaning into life but life in fact has no meaning it is a simple fact. It is of course human nature to try to add meaning to life but its all gonna end so in the end we have about as much meaning as the words i am typing this very second.


"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself and when you do, pass it on."

Well that's all I could say or that is basically my view of the human species we propagate ideas and procreate in the hopes that each iteration would bring something new to the table.
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13

KiteCross wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the fact that quite logically speaking if you do not believe in life after death OR as some would call it a higher purpose then life is meaningless. Now you may try to infuse meaning into life but life in fact has no meaning it is a simple fact. It is of course human nature to try to add meaning to life but its all gonna end so in the end we have about as much meaning as the words i am typing this very second.


"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself and when you do, pass it on."

Well that's all I could say or that is basically my view of the human species we propagate ideas and procreate in the hopes that each iteration would bring something new to the table.


You little quote on the bottom "I'm full of shit, you know it and I know it." does not help your case.....
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13
We'll all die someday yet some die sooner than others.
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13

soullesswatcher wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the fact that quite logically speaking if you do not believe in life after death OR as some would call it a higher purpose then life is meaningless. Now you may try to infuse meaning into life but life in fact has no meaning it is a simple fact. It is of course human nature to try to add meaning to life but its all gonna end so in the end we have about as much meaning as the words i am typing this very second.


I know what you are getting at man, but people need to have meaningless justifications in their lives or..... well, we realize that the things society frown upon (rape, murder, wearing no clothes at the mall) are as justifiable as anything else.


Well simply because life has no meaning does not mean that you can justify anything... that is not what i am stating here mate.
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:


soullesswatcher wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the fact that quite logically speaking if you do not believe in life after death OR as some would call it a higher purpose then life is meaningless. Now you may try to infuse meaning into life but life in fact has no meaning it is a simple fact. It is of course human nature to try to add meaning to life but its all gonna end so in the end we have about as much meaning as the words i am typing this very second.


I know what you are getting at man, but people need to have meaningless justifications in their lives or..... well, we realize that the things society frown upon (rape, murder, wearing no clothes at the mall) are as justifiable as anything else.


Well simply because life has no meaning does not mean that you can justify anything... that is not what i am stating here mate.


I would argue that because life has no meaning, there is no justification for anything.
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13
I hope I die before 50. 50 is basically death anyway.

actuallyyyy what if you tried to get in LOADS of randomers pictures. like when you see a picture being taken just get in it a bit. i reckon then you will be in photo albums that future men and women will find hilarious.
Posted 11/11/13
Whether life has a meaning or not doesn't matter. We were given life regardless so either accept that fact and live it or throw it away. It makes no real difference to anyone what you choose.
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13

uncletim wrote:


KiteCross wrote:


uncletim wrote:

yep in the end we are all worm poop


Sorry sir but I would like to nitpick on the account that I'm being extremely disingenuous. Technically worm food sounds about right.


ah but the food has to go somewhere after they digest it



...........fuck!!!!!!
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

soullesswatcher wrote:


Gotenz wrote:


soullesswatcher wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

I think you guys are misunderstanding the fact that quite logically speaking if you do not believe in life after death OR as some would call it a higher purpose then life is meaningless. Now you may try to infuse meaning into life but life in fact has no meaning it is a simple fact. It is of course human nature to try to add meaning to life but its all gonna end so in the end we have about as much meaning as the words i am typing this very second.


I know what you are getting at man, but people need to have meaningless justifications in their lives or..... well, we realize that the things society frown upon (rape, murder, wearing no clothes at the mall) are as justifiable as anything else.


Well simply because life has no meaning does not mean that you can justify anything... that is not what i am stating here mate.


I would argue that because life has no meaning, there is no justification for anything.


Then how do you justify your argument?
Gextiv 
55383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

w0t wrote:

Well yeah, we'll die after living. What's the alternative? Might as well make it pleasant for ourselves and for other for the little time we are sure to have.


Reproduce. By reproducing, you get the chance to live on in your offspring. It depends.. your offspring might turn out to be a dead end, because he might not get the chance to reproduce himself. But least you get an opportunity to matter in some way by reproducing.
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:

Whether life has a meaning or not doesn't matter. We were given life regardless so either accept that fact and live it or throw it away. It makes no real difference to anyone what you choose.


However it does matter. If someone finds no meaning in life they may throw it away and thats a problem. we dont want mass suicides we want productive people in society mate. In the end i am simply enlightening people but i suppose i may be giving some people the wrong idea.
One Punch Mod
85877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:

I have now fully come to the realization that we are going to die. Everything we do will be worth naught for we will all eventually die. Some people may say that well i live for my family or i just wish to leave my mark on this world. IN THE END YOU WILL DIE BOTH PHYSICALLY AND IN THE MINDS OF ALL HUMANS.YOU ARE NOT INFINITE.
So my question is why even try... in the end its all gonna go to shit no matter what you do especially if you dont believe in life after death.
Excuse my language mates.


While you've framed the question differently, and, I'd say, more directly, a thread on existential angst was recently created, so I"m going to close this, and ask that you post your inquiry (and that others who have participated here share their reponses) there:

/forumtopic-827109/on-dealing-with-unsettling-thoughts

locked and closed
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.