First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply I don't read manga, but should I start?
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13
Why the heck would you read manga when you can watch anime? I simply cannot comprehend this. Yes i know that there has to be manga to be anime but i simply refuse to do it. The visual animation is simply 10x better.
If this is a duplicate plz lock but if it isint dont touch my thread- u damn mods (damn good mods)
114140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:

Why the heck would you read manga when you can watch anime? I simply cannot comprehend this. Yes i know that there has to be manga to be anime but i simply refuse to do it. The visual animation is simply 10x better.
If this is a duplicate plz lock but if it isint dont touch my thread- u damn mods (damn good mods)


because there is a lot more manga that don't get to become anime than there are anime


besides, you know when they say "The book was better than the movie."? same is true for manga
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

uhohimdead wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

Why the heck would you read manga when you can watch anime? I simply cannot comprehend this. Yes i know that there has to be manga to be anime but i simply refuse to do it. The visual animation is simply 10x better.
If this is a duplicate plz lock but if it isint dont touch my thread- u damn mods (damn good mods)


because there is a lot more manga that don't get to become anime than there are anime


besides, you know when they say "The book was better than the movie."? same is true for manga


I see your point but the fact remains that there are tons of good anime to watch so theres no need to read manga. Plus no the movie is always better.
114140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


Gotenz wrote:

Why the heck would you read manga when you can watch anime? I simply cannot comprehend this. Yes i know that there has to be manga to be anime but i simply refuse to do it. The visual animation is simply 10x better.
If this is a duplicate plz lock but if it isint dont touch my thread- u damn mods (damn good mods)


because there is a lot more manga that don't get to become anime than there are anime


besides, you know when they say "The book was better than the movie."? same is true for manga


I see your point but the fact remains that there are tons of good anime to watch so theres no need to read manga. Plus no the movie is always better.


you're missing the point, there are good manga out there that don't have anime adaptations. Why am I just going to ignore good manga just for anime when I can have both?
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/12/13


Theres the problem there simply is not enough time to have bother. And why settle for less when you can have the best?
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13
1.) What uhohimdead before said
2.) After you finish an anime adaptation, there's chance that there's a lot more material that hasn't been adapted yet or will never be. So you kind of do miss out on a story that why if you decide to never read the manga series.
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Renji_Tamaki wrote:

1.) What uhohimdead before said
2.) After you finish an anime adaptation, there's chance that there's a lot more material that has been adapted yet or will never be. So you kind of do miss out on a story that why if you decide to never read the manga series.


Yes but if a story didint finish just move on to the next though i understand what you mean i guess its just me.
1162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/11/13
Because for me some parts and genres only work in mangas than anime and vice versa

Like, for instance, in my opinion fighting manga looks better than fighting anime, and that stories can have better plot without the looming terror of getting seasons canceled. Also less well known writers can submit their stories and have feedback without having it reviewed and changed by companies. The manga scope is much more diverse than anime. Honestly, you should read stuff like God of High School and GTO, because those are great examples
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

zenith21 wrote:

Because for me some parts and genres only work in mangas than anime and vice versa

Like, for instance, in my opinion fighting manga looks better than fighting anime, and that stories can have better plot without the looming terror of getting seasons canceled. Also less well known writers can submit their stories and have feedback without having it reviewed and changed by companies. The manga scope is much more diverse than anime. Honestly, you should read stuff like God of High School and GTO, because those are great examples


Well i might in fact read some manga you guys make some good points.
11305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 11/11/13
I simply do not see the point in this thread. Manga and anime are both great, and whichever you like more is just a matter of opinion. Some people read manga because they like it more than anime, and vice-versa. Lots of people, including myself, will do both, because they are both good. Also, there are a lot more mangas than there are animes, as was pointed out earlier.
10479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 11/11/13 , edited 11/11/13
I read manga if the anime ends before reaching the ending of the manga or if the anime ending is different from the manga. In the case of Bleach, the anime ended on episode 366 or the manga equivalent of volume 54. There are 60 volumes of Bleach as of right now (59 and 60 have yet to be released) which is 5 more volumes of story that have not been told by the anime so of course I'm now going to switch to the manga to finish the story. Also the style of a manga may be different than the anime. In Attack on Titan the manga is much more gory and shows a lot more in terms of violence where the anime censors a lot of that.

Also, can't tell if troll or just really stubborn
Moderator XIV
67124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 11/11/13

Gotenz wrote:

Why the heck would you read manga when you can watch anime? I simply cannot comprehend this. Yes i know that there has to be manga to be anime but i simply refuse to do it. The visual animation is simply 10x better.
If this is a duplicate plz lock but if it isint dont touch my thread- u damn mods (damn good mods)


I am going to let this thread stand for now as long as it doesn't go into pure flame territory however I will point some things out here. Like I already said to you in a reply from a previous thread you made Gotenz a big part of a good forum thread is posting in a way that invites people to reply and discuss your OP. This OP and the thread title which I did change not only don't invite conversation but can almost be taken in a rude/ranting way. If you want your thread to be successful you need to do more than state a bald opinion in a closed way, and you need to post while avoiding language that might make other users mad.

So again, please remember... Forum threads are not for stating opinions. You can state your opinion in a thread but you need to do it in a way that gets people talking without also making them upset. Had you used my edited title from the get go and written something more like "I don't understand why people read Manga. I find the animation and art in an anime is much more fun to watch than the motionless pages of a Manga and just can't enjoy it. So why do you guys read manga, and if you had the choice would you prefer anime?" That states your reasoning, but also leaves the thread open for discussion.

So again, thanks for using the CR forums but please be careful not to post a thread in a similar tone to this one again.
Sogno- 
24693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/12/13

Gotenz wrote:

Plus no the movie is always better.

that's the first i've ever heard that.

I guess manga would be for those who enjoy... you know.. reading. To me it's kinda like a picture book. You get a story but also visuals to go along with it, and that's pretty cool. You can also make up how the characters would sound in your head.

But some people just like watching animation and that's fine. Manga is a lot more diverse because there's so much more of it, and as others stated, it is often the original content of an anime and there's things in the manga you won't see in its anime adaption.

in the end, it's whatever floats your boat


480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere from pl...
Offline
Posted 11/12/13 , edited 11/12/13
the breaker,
the beaker new waves
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/13/13
Yes. Right now. Here is some suggestions.

Vagabond
Gantz
Blade of the Immortal
Akira
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.