• Don't know what to watch? Try a random show!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply DC Comics the New 52
10086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / From Outer Space...
Offline
Posted 10/13/14
The only new 52 items I have is the full Nightwing collection that is up-to-date. And the Amethyst: Sword of Sorcery, that seems to be up-to-date. I don't know what they're doing with the Amethyst one. (Unless they cancelled it.)

I think that they call it the new 52 because they are rebooting 52 titles, but that went belly up really fast since more than 26 of them got cancelled. Most of the new 52 titles I'm not all that fond of.
24184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/14

Sunday-Chan wrote:

The only new 52 items I have is the full Nightwing collection that is up-to-date. And the Amethyst: Sword of Sorcery, that seems to be up-to-date. I don't know what they're doing with the Amethyst one. (Unless they cancelled it.)

I think that they call it the new 52 because they are rebooting 52 titles, but that went belly up really fast since more than 26 of them got cancelled. Most of the new 52 titles I'm not all that fond of.


Have you been reading the new 'Grayson' title?
It's just about to reach it's Fifth month (Fourth if you don't count the 'Future's end' month)
10086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / From Outer Space...
Offline
Posted 10/15/14

SquallFire wrote:


Sunday-Chan wrote:

The only new 52 items I have is the full Nightwing collection that is up-to-date. And the Amethyst: Sword of Sorcery, that seems to be up-to-date. I don't know what they're doing with the Amethyst one. (Unless they cancelled it.)

I think that they call it the new 52 because they are rebooting 52 titles, but that went belly up really fast since more than 26 of them got cancelled. Most of the new 52 titles I'm not all that fond of.


Have you been reading the new 'Grayson' title?
It's just about to reach it's Fifth month (Fourth if you don't count the 'Future's end' month)


I haven't. I just realized that there was another line of series featuring Grayson (found out on a PS Forum. ) Some are saying that its not worth the money, but it would be interesting to see Grayson in a whole new different perspective. Are the issues in a volume or are they individual?
12320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / SoCal
Offline
Posted 10/15/14
Teen Titans Futures End & Klarion LOVE these so far. Constantine just isn't the same though...
24184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/14 , edited 10/15/14

Sunday-Chan wrote:


SquallFire wrote:


Have you been reading the new 'Grayson' title?
It's just about to reach it's Fifth month (Fourth if you don't count the 'Future's end' month)


I haven't. I just realized that there was another line of series featuring Grayson (found out on a PS Forum. ) Some are saying that its not worth the money, but it would be interesting to see Grayson in a whole new different perspective. Are the issues in a volume or are they individual?


Right now because there's only three issue's (not including the future's end one) they are all individual

I guess it is very different but I like it, mostly because I am a huge Dick Grayson fan

To people who say that they're trying to make Dick Grayson the DC version of the winter soldier I disagree

10086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / From Outer Space...
Offline
Posted 10/15/14

SquallFire wrote:


Sunday-Chan wrote:


SquallFire wrote:


Have you been reading the new 'Grayson' title?
It's just about to reach it's Fifth month (Fourth if you don't count the 'Future's end' month)


I haven't. I just realized that there was another line of series featuring Grayson (found out on a PS Forum. ) Some are saying that its not worth the money, but it would be interesting to see Grayson in a whole new different perspective. Are the issues in a volume or are they individual?


Right now because there's only three issue's (not including the future's end one) they are all individual

I guess it is very different but I like it, mostly because I am a huge Dick Grayson fan

To people who say that they're trying to make Dick Grayson the DC version of the winter soldier I disagree



lol, me too. I love Dick Grayson! He's awesome!! I heard about that too. I was like . I don't see Grayson being a DC copy of Winter Soldier at all. He's too awesome and comical for that.
14483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Denver, Colorado
Offline
Posted 10/29/14
I have a firm stance on DC's comic line right now, I will not buy any DC comics until Dan Dido is gone.
1173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 5/28/15
This reboot took me from being fairly re-interested in comics to absolutely not caring and not buying. All the years of great continuity from the Bat-books being flushed down the crapper really sucked. All so they could retell the same stories with minor changes and make money for not having to come up with any new ideas.
82481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
I have to admit this Convergance thing had the laziest ending I have ever seen in an "Event" book. They didn't even try, just kind hand waved it and said "oh look they saved the universe, now here is some splash pages of our new multiverse with no explanation of what just happened."

Pretty much closed up my whole file with this. Don't even care what they have planned anymore. Gonna stick with Manga from now on
70089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
Aside from Gotham Academy, I haven't liked anything from DC for quite a while. Marvel is a bit better, but there are still only a few titles I like. Overall and with little exception, I haven't enjoyed the mainstream Western comics for a while now.

DC really seems stuck in a rut. I think there will need to be some serious shakeups in that company before they change for the better.
3058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 24 days ago
Never were that much a DC fan, so I don't really care that much about the reboot one way or another... aside from two characters. Lobo and John Constantine. I'm still waiting for the main man to come in, see this pretender, rip his spine out through his ass and strangle him with it. And Constantine, you poor bastard... they really hit you with the nerf bat didn't they? Turned one of the greatest and scariest assholes of the dc universe into this 'superhero' character of the JLA Dark. Oh yeah, make it three characters. From what I've read you can add Lucifer to this group of personality rape victims as well...
Posted 17 days ago
Lots of people seem to hate new 52, but I actually don't have a problem with it. I really like the new suicide squad series, (can't wait for the movie!) and as previously mentioned the court of owls storie line and the death of the family are definitely in my top 10 favorite batman storylines
82481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 17 days ago
The new Starfire comic was good.

They seem to have tossed the whole Red Hood and the Outlaws version in the bin and replaced it with a slightly older version of Starfire from the TV series.
1034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 16 days ago
I personally, as a new reader, have enjoyed it. The New 52 reboot got me into comics and it's been kind of a fun ride ever since. I've read Marvel stuff but my interest has just sort of been the DC universe due to Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, and the other DC cartoons being prevalent on all the cartoon channels I watched as a kid.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.