First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Weird things people eat where you live
1259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

Babelish wrote:

Oh yeah almsote forgot

Black Pudding



Black pudding, blood pudding or blood sausage is a type of sausage made by cooking blood or dried blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled. The dish exists in various cultures from Asia to Europe and the Americas. Pig, cattle, sheep, duck, and goat blood can be used depending on different countries.

This thing i LOVE to eat, espically with lingonberry jam and cabbage!


I LOVE black pudding, can't have a fry without it over here ^_^
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

Anazoth wrote:




yeah its sooo good, but still quite nasty when you think what its made off
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

Babelish wrote:


ChansterYeol wrote:

Ehhh, how? xD I could never... Or maybe I'm just traumatized ._. Okay, I know. I was stupid and I honestly didn't know what I was giving myself in to. What I learnt is that dat smell sticks for quite some time...


i know, its fun to open a can of it in the store then leave fast as fuck xD


Ah, good idea my fine sir
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/13 , edited 11/19/13
410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Sweden
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

-iCookie wrote:


Lmao. We eat Oran berries. 8D


Dayum you're fabulous (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
15760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kalamazoo, MI
Offline
Posted 11/19/13
In North America we really don't have anything nasty or weird.... All of the GOOD food we have isn't even American food originally. Like McDonald's is not "good" in my opinion. To be honest all of my favorite foods are not even American foods and I live in Michigan.... I love Japanese, Italian, Mexican foods, and Greek foods, but then again I hear all of the time that even those foods are not really even that authentic based on the way that we make them compared to their country of origin. To answer the topic of the thread though I guess the grossest or weirdest food we have over here is simply the way everyone overloads on condiments. Example; my Grandpa puts ketchup on pretty much everything, which I guess I could see as an "American" thing to do. He puts it in chili, on macaroni, I have even seen him put it on salad before (gross).
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13


Ive actually tried number 4(or atleast something with the same name), 6 and 7, if number 2 is boiled cow tongue ive tried that to, and heard of popcornsoup but never gotten around to try it :C
1259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 11/19/13
Oh yeah, forgot about turtle soup, haven't tried it but people eat it lol


There is also Haggis which is ate in scotland, this is served in the animals stomach. A special mention to the french for being pretty gross also, mainly their snails and frog legs
8863 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 11/19/13
Dead animals that have been rotting on store shelves and even milk for baby cows when people are adults and the unfertilized eggs of baby chickens. Pretty extreme shit.
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13 , edited 11/19/13

Tomoya8595 wrote:

In North America we really don't have anything nasty or weird.... All of the GOOD food we have isn't even American food originally. Like McDonald's is not "good" in my opinion. To be honest all of my favorite foods are not even American foods and I live in Michigan.... I love Japanese, Italian, Mexican foods, and Greek foods, but then again I hear all of the time that even those foods are not really even that authentic based on the way that we make them compared to their country of origin. To answer the topic of the thread though I guess the grossest or weirdest food we have over here is simply the way everyone overloads on condiments. Example; my Grandpa puts ketchup on pretty much everything, which I guess I could see as an "American" thing to do. He puts it in chili, on macaroni, I have even seen him put it on salad before (gross).


yeah ketchup abusers, we got them to, my stepmother puts it on both boiled and fried eggs, on rice pudding and fish
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

Anazoth wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about turtle soup, haven't tried it but people eat it lol


There is also Haggis which is ate in scotland, this is served in the animals stomach. A special mention to the french for being pretty gross also, mainly their snails and frog legs


Haggis taste great, far more tastier then the breakfast sasuage they had
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

cordellium wrote:

Dead animals that have been rotting on store shelves and even milk for baby cows when people are adults and the unfertilized eggs of baby chickens. Pretty extreme shit.


dont forget Bee puke (honey)
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 11/19/13


It's a good thing that I provided recipe links for all but the turtle soup and swamp oysters, then. You should have most of the ingredients already, though you need plain popcorn.
16765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/19/13

aeb0717 wrote:

It's a good thing that I provided recipe links for all but the turtle soup and swamp oysters, then. You should have most of the ingredients already, though you need plain popcorn.


Hah i leave these things up to the prefessionals xD
no way i would make it myself, cant even make rice properly
25488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 11/19/13 , edited 11/19/13
All that comes to mind is Iguanas





They don't discriminate by age either



Although if we're going with gross, I'll have to give it to Shirako

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03LObz4BTqM&list=SPoQjqpg_6bCOItkKvTdGsK6xYQw1IwAKE

Btw that "Why would you eat that?" series is perfect for this thread haha.

Edit:

No I don't live in Japan but it's the weirdest I can think of internationally. Iguanas are eaten where I'm from though.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.