First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Chances of a Claymore Season 2?
7019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 11/23/13 , edited 11/23/13
Well, I am a fan of Claymore, both the anime and manga, and its one of my favorites. I was wondering if there will be season 2. I have read that there have been petitions and a poll. Is there any chance they will make a new season? The manga is very very ahead already, and imo Claymore was a success.
20681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Puebla/DF/Monterrey
Online
Posted 11/23/13
Firs this is a Spanish Forum, so careful with that, second as much as I love Claymore I doubt there might be a second season because of how it ended, it was different from the manga, maybe a reboot might be a better choice, so it follows the story as it is, honestly I would love to see a new Claymore anime, it is one of my favorites
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/13 , edited 11/23/13
Moved to the English anime forums.

~ digs

Also, I loved the Claymore anime and the manga, but sadly I doubt they will come out with a season 2 that continues off of the first season due to how season 1 ended. If anything they would have to do something similar to what FMA did and make a new season 1 that stays true to the manga and then continue on with a season 2+. I don't predict that this will happen though.
44329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / United States
Online
Posted 11/23/13
They can't do a second season unless they redo the ending for the anime cause it was entirely wrong
25468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Bucks county, PA
Online
Posted 11/23/13
Yeah! I really liked the anime right up to that poor ending! It had so much potential I don't understand why they chose to wreck it at the end. Hell, I'd be happy if they just corrected their mistake with an OVA that writes it off as a bad dream and then start the second season!
15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/23/13
Aaaaaah, I'll disagree. While indeed the Anime ended a bit different than the Manga, it was by no means a definitive. Now it's been a while since I've seen Claymore, as I saw it back during it's original broadcast, how different is the manga and the ending?

Can they not pull a Magi and pretend the crazy super-powered nonsense was a one time thing?

Looking a little into it, the Anime was done by Madhouse. They have a slight reputation for continuing things they've already done, so it's possible. That said, it's more up to the creator and Claymores fanbase at this point.

Chin up, their are other anime like Claymore, you just gotta find'em!
145181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 11/23/13

Feia20032 wrote:

They can't do a second season unless they redo the ending for the anime cause it was entirely wrong


I kinda agree with this although they can maybe focus it on from a different view point going from where the characters left off. The manga is continuing so it's possible.
18001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/13 , edited 11/23/13
I'm a huge fan. have all the manga and everything.

The chances they will do a season 2 are next to none. First of all, the show didn't do that great in Japan. Secondly, they really can't do a season two. They botched the ending, HARD. That fight between Clare and Priscilla? Never happened. In fact, you know it's just silly, because Clare would literally stand ZERO chance vs Priscilla, even if she was awakened. Priscilla is stupid powerful.

I think it's a shame that the beginning of the Anime was so well done, because it seems the most they can do now is remake the first season, and then make a new season 2.

And stark that can't really happen. I mean, that ending was screwed. They never even went their separate ways like that after the north arc ended. They stayed there......for years.

15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/23/13

WitlessMean wrote:

I'm a huge fan. have all the manga and everything.

The chances they will do a season 2 are next to none. First of all, the show didn't do that great in Japan. Secondly, they really can't do a season two. They botched the ending, HARD. That fight between Clare and Priscilla? Never happened. In fact, if you read the manga, you would just think it was silly, because Clare would literally stand ZERO chance vs Priscilla, even if she was awakened. Priscilla is stupid powerful.

I really suggest reading the manga, from the point where raki met Isley is where it starts changing if I remember correctly.

More on topic with the season two, I think it's a shame that the beginning of the Anime was so well done, because it seems the most they can do now is remake the first season, and then make a new season 2.

And stark that can't really happen. I mean, that ending was screwed. They never even went their separate ways like that after the north arc ended. They stayed there......for years.


I don't mind if you use spoiler tags, but do please elaborate a little.

The entire fight and extra-scene with Priscilla was totally made up bull, I get it, cool. But what happened in it's stead? How does this prevent another season?

If I'm remembering my Claymore ending correctly, they did go their own ways and everything was kinda fine, but not really. Now, staying in Snowtown for years? Um, neato... did it have to be spent there? Could the story go other ways? Is their no way to fix the wrongs that have been done without redoing what had happened before?

I mean, Madhouse is rather skilled, I'll trust them if they ever said they'd do a second season.

But help me out, what's happening. I havn't been in touch with Claymore since it's Anime's ending, which at the time the Manga was practically on Hiatus from what I remember.
18001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/23/13 , edited 11/23/13

Felstalker wrote:


WitlessMean wrote:

I'm a huge fan. have all the manga and everything.

The chances they will do a season 2 are next to none. First of all, the show didn't do that great in Japan. Secondly, they really can't do a season two. They botched the ending, HARD. That fight between Clare and Priscilla? Never happened. In fact, if you read the manga, you would just think it was silly, because Clare would literally stand ZERO chance vs Priscilla, even if she was awakened. Priscilla is stupid powerful.

I really suggest reading the manga, from the point where raki met Isley is where it starts changing if I remember correctly.

More on topic with the season two, I think it's a shame that the beginning of the Anime was so well done, because it seems the most they can do now is remake the first season, and then make a new season 2.

And stark that can't really happen. I mean, that ending was screwed. They never even went their separate ways like that after the north arc ended. They stayed there......for years.


I don't mind if you use spoiler tags, but do please elaborate a little.

The entire fight and extra-scene with Priscilla was totally made up bull, I get it, cool. But what happened in it's stead? How does this prevent another season?

If I'm remembering my Claymore ending correctly, they did go their own ways and everything was kinda fine, but not really. Now, staying in Snowtown for years? Um, neato... did it have to be spent there? Could the story go other ways? Is their no way to fix the wrongs that have been done without redoing what had happened before?

I mean, Madhouse is rather skilled, I'll trust them if they ever said they'd do a second season.

But help me out, what's happening. I havn't been in touch with Claymore since it's Anime's ending, which at the time the Manga was practically on Hiatus from what I remember.



I edited my post a bit since you quoted, after seeing the op did in fact read the manga.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, it is POSSIBLE for them to continue it, but it would be tough. What happened in the fights stead? If I remember exactly correctly, nothing happened. I know that sounds odd, however Raki was traveling with Priscilla and Isley to the war that was happening in the north. The reason they were traveling together is because Priscilla smelled scents of Clare/Teresa (you know how they're fused) on Raki, and since she was curious, she stayed with him.

The 7 Claymores who survived in the North after the battle hid their yoma energy so they wouldn't be spotted by the organization while they trained for years because they realized the organization was up to something fishy, sending them all up there to an unwinnable battle. They basically had to train, in order to come back years later and do what they did. I mean, technically, in season 2, I suppose they could meet up again and suddenly be all powerful having trained alone. Buuuuut that would be pretty awkward, and would only be able to involve Clare, miria, deneve, and helen, because they were the only ones who separated at the end of the anime. But that leaves out the other 3 claymores who survived the north, which were HARDLY explored at all in the anime. Them being cynthia, tabitha and yuma.

So maybe it could work, and I'm just not a creative person, but I can't really see it working. I obviously didn't explain everything that happened, since that's a whole book (book 11).

I hope I kinda sorta answered your question.

15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

WitlessMean wrote:

I edited my post a bit since you quoted, after seeing the op did in fact read the manga.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, it is POSSIBLE for them to continue it, but it would be tough. What happened in the fights stead? If I remember exactly correctly, nothing happened. I know that sounds odd, however Raki was traveling with Priscilla and Isley to the war that was happening in the north. The reason they were traveling together is because Priscilla smelled scents of Clare/Teresa (you know how they're fused) on Raki, and since she was curious, she stayed with him.

The 7 Claymores who survived in the North after the battle hid their yoma energy so they wouldn't be spotted by the organization while they trained for years because they realized the organization was up to something fishy, sending them all up there to an unwinnable battle. They basically had to train, in order to come back years later and do what they did. I mean, technically, in season 2, I suppose they could meet up again and suddenly be all powerful having trained alone. Buuuuut that would be pretty awkward, and would only be able to involve Clare, miria, deneve, and helen, because they were the only ones who separated at the end of the anime. But that leaves out the other 3 claymores who survived the north, which were HARDLY explored at all in the anime. Them being cynthia, tabitha and yuma.

So maybe it could work, and I'm just not a creative person, but I can't really see it working. I obviously didn't explain everything that happened, since that's a whole book (book 11).

I hope I kinda sorta answered your question.



Look at it from a storytelling standpoint. You require the 7 survivors to be hella time-skip level strong. Now all that's required to reach there is an aknowledgment they trained. Sure it'll be awkward, but you can easily hand-wave them talking during the time skip.

From the impression the Anime Ending gave me, the Organization(here by known as the Monster-girl Fetish Guild) was totally fishy evil, I'm talking Clown Fish levels of fishy. They split up to gather information and train for the eventual showdown with said Monster-Girl Fetish Guild.

Characters who weren't previously introduced can be introduced later. As long as the net ending includes everybody who's alive be alive, and in the place they need to be. I feel despite the new ending, they managed to keep the Anime open in case they ever required a sequel.

And talking about this reminded me of how epic I found Claymores Opening. It's not Berserk's opening, for sure, but it's pretty good.
18001 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

Felstalker wrote:


WitlessMean wrote:

I edited my post a bit since you quoted, after seeing the op did in fact read the manga.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, it is POSSIBLE for them to continue it, but it would be tough. What happened in the fights stead? If I remember exactly correctly, nothing happened. I know that sounds odd, however Raki was traveling with Priscilla and Isley to the war that was happening in the north. The reason they were traveling together is because Priscilla smelled scents of Clare/Teresa (you know how they're fused) on Raki, and since she was curious, she stayed with him.

The 7 Claymores who survived in the North after the battle hid their yoma energy so they wouldn't be spotted by the organization while they trained for years because they realized the organization was up to something fishy, sending them all up there to an unwinnable battle. They basically had to train, in order to come back years later and do what they did. I mean, technically, in season 2, I suppose they could meet up again and suddenly be all powerful having trained alone. Buuuuut that would be pretty awkward, and would only be able to involve Clare, miria, deneve, and helen, because they were the only ones who separated at the end of the anime. But that leaves out the other 3 claymores who survived the north, which were HARDLY explored at all in the anime. Them being cynthia, tabitha and yuma.

So maybe it could work, and I'm just not a creative person, but I can't really see it working. I obviously didn't explain everything that happened, since that's a whole book (book 11).

I hope I kinda sorta answered your question.



Look at it from a storytelling standpoint. You require the 7 survivors to be hella time-skip level strong. Now all that's required to reach there is an aknowledgment they trained. Sure it'll be awkward, but you can easily hand-wave them talking during the time skip.

From the impression the Anime Ending gave me, the Organization(here by known as the Monster-girl Fetish Guild) was totally fishy evil, I'm talking Clown Fish levels of fishy. They split up to gather information and train for the eventual showdown with said Monster-Girl Fetish Guild.

Characters who weren't previously introduced can be introduced later. As long as the net ending includes everybody who's alive be alive, and in the place they need to be. I feel despite the new ending, they managed to keep the Anime open in case they ever required a sequel.

And talking about this reminded me of how epic I found Claymores Opening. It's not Berserk's opening, for sure, but it's pretty good.



Yeah, actually what the organization really is up to is pretty interesting, and makes a lot of sense when they reveal it in the manga. I think you're right. They could do the show that way. There are certainly ways around the flawed ending, I think it would just be awkward for manga readers like myself, however I won't complain about that because I love seeing my favorite manga come to life, even if it is a bit botched.

I do think a couple things though. The show didn't do THAT well, but it did alright, and I think a season 2 would have everybody seriously pumped. The hype would be very real.

Also, this is obviously just my opinion, but I think most people who are still reading the manga can agree it gets a bit stale after a certain point. The new Claymores are always really cool and unique I think, but there is just awakened being after awakened being after awakened being and eventually.....they are ALL the same....they all even look the same. In the beginning, like in the anime, awakened beings were really mysterious and interesting, because there are so few and it seems so taboo. Most of all though, they were very unique looking. Honestly, eventually it becomes like regular yoma are just chumps who rarely even show up, and awakened beings have replaced them. I guess I'd like to see what they'd do with that in the anime. Just mostly a semi rant by me though.

I do really hope what you say comes true, and I absolutely will not be the person who read the manga complaining about the anime. The chances of a new season though seems very, very slim.
15965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 11/24/13

WitlessMean wrote:

Yeah, actually what the organization really is up to is pretty interesting, and makes a lot of sense when they reveal it in the manga. I think you're right. They could do the show that way. There are certainly ways around the flawed ending, I think it would just be awkward for manga readers like myself, however I won't complain about that because I love seeing my favorite manga come to life, even if it is a bit botched.

I do think a couple things though. The show didn't do THAT well, but it did alright, and I think a season 2 would have everybody seriously pumped. The hype would be very real.

Also, this is obviously just my opinion, but I think most people who are still reading the manga can agree it gets a bit stale after a certain point. The new Claymores are always really cool and unique I think, but there is just awakened being after awakened being after awakened being and eventually.....they are ALL the same....they all even look the same. In the beginning, like in the anime, awakened beings were really mysterious and interesting, because there are so few and it seems so taboo. Most of all though, they were very unique looking. Honestly, eventually it becomes like regular yoma are just chumps who rarely even show up, and awakened beings have replaced them. I guess I'd like to see what they'd do with that in the anime. Just mostly a semi rant by me though.

I do really hope what you say comes true, and I absolutely will not be the person who read the manga complaining about the anime. The chances of a new season though seems very, very slim.


True True indeed! It is slim, but if we can get Berserk Movies to continue on, I'm sure Claymore "could" get something if they try.

as stated earlier, Claymore wasn't too popular in Japan. After watching it I went looking for a show similar, and I remembered hearing about something called Berserk. Now, despite the cheap price I own Berserk but not Claymore. I need to get Claymore already.

I remember thinking "OH god, these Claymores are overpowered as HELL, how could anybody ever match up to them?" back when I first saw it.
21082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
Find another similar anime in "your" own way, and pretend like it's second season of Claymore.
1456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/24/13
Well its been 6 or 7 years the anime finished so Yea I doubt it man, they altered that ending way too much! The fight with clare and precilla never happened, and clare and raki were separated for 7 years. I really wished they do that otherwise we would have season 2. Manga is still awesome.(SPOILER!!!)
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.