First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Weekly Anime Disc Sales
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 11/28/13 , edited 11/28/13

Charizam wrote:

Has SamFlam gotten any better? I had to drop it due to not having much time. But the only threads I go into are the Free! threads to get some HQ scans. I don't like spending time on that site cause their rampant hate for anything female aimed gets a little annoying. Actually, the general 'man-child' attitude many on the site have just gets annoying and I try to waste as little time on it as possible.


The last five minutes of episode 7 were perhaps the biggest plot twist since Panty and Stocking's ending. It was like they pulled a GAINAX end, except in the middle of the show. It was seriously off the wall.

Whether it was a good plot twist or not remains to be seen.
3294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 11/28/13

Charizam wrote:


Wynd_Stryker wrote:

It's good to see that Free still seems to be selling well.

Hopefully it's able to keep this 30k average it has so far, but either way it's still the second best selling show of summer. and it's in the top 5 of the whole year.


I am happily suprised at this. I mean, I love Free and I thought it would do well. But I guess I didn't expect it to do as well as it has. Top 5 is awesome, and i hope it means that more studio's will release anime directed at females.
Posted 11/28/13
I haven't checked stalker in a while, but I checked it today and was surprised to see Apreggio on top of the fall pre-order list. While I doubt it will do better than IS and KNB, I'm shocked to see it up there. Wasn't expected at all.


kdroberts wrote:


Charizam wrote:

Has SamFlam gotten any better? I had to drop it due to not having much time. But the only threads I go into are the Free! threads to get some HQ scans. I don't like spending time on that site cause their rampant hate for anything female aimed gets a little annoying. Actually, the general 'man-child' attitude many on the site have just gets annoying and I try to waste as little time on it as possible.


The last five minutes of episode 7 were perhaps the biggest plot twist since Panty and Stocking's ending. It was like they pulled a GAINAX end, except in the middle of the show. It was seriously off the wall.

Whether it was a good plot twist or not remains to be seen.


I'll be keeping an eye on it then. I might wait for a couple more episodes to be out though, or I may just back log it entirely.


Wynd_Stryker wrote:


Charizam wrote:


Wynd_Stryker wrote:

It's good to see that Free still seems to be selling well.

Hopefully it's able to keep this 30k average it has so far, but either way it's still the second best selling show of summer. and it's in the top 5 of the whole year.


I am happily suprised at this. I mean, I love Free and I thought it would do well. But I guess I didn't expect it to do as well as it has. Top 5 is awesome, and i hope it means that more studio's will release anime directed at females.


I'm not surprised. UtaPri was a huge success, and so have quite a few other recent titles aimed at women. They're a very under served market and they finally got a high value production with attractive characters, fan service for them and female characters not treated like walking wank bait.

Anyway, I'm gunna be looking at anime adaptions in the next year (Spring afterwards, winter is too soon for this to really start happening.) and so on. I'm going to see if more female orientated titles start to show up, also going to be watching for sports anime adaptions since women seem to really enjoy the male characters, and it works with men too since they enjoy the sport.
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 11/28/13

Charizam wrote:

I haven't checked stalker in a while, but I checked it today and was surprised to see Apreggio on top of the fall pre-order list. While I doubt it will do better than IS and KNB, I'm shocked to see it up there. Wasn't expected at all.


Arpeggio is at the top because it's literally coasting on the success of Kantai Collection, an extremely popular web browser game in Nippon. The ideas are similar, and I've heard talk of tie-ins and crossovers, so that's most likely why Arpeggio is doing so well.
Posted 11/29/13 , edited 11/29/13
Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Nov 28.

DVD


BD


edit:

kdroberts wrote:


Charizam wrote:

I haven't checked stalker in a while, but I checked it today and was surprised to see Apreggio on top of the fall pre-order list. While I doubt it will do better than IS and KNB, I'm shocked to see it up there. Wasn't expected at all.


Arpeggio is at the top because it's literally coasting on the success of Kantai Collection, an extremely popular web browser game in Nippon. The ideas are similar, and I've heard talk of tie-ins and crossovers, so that's most likely why Arpeggio is doing so well.


That would actually make a bit of sense, KanColle is pretty popular at the moment. It had quite a few circles at Comiket and there were some anthologies being sold, but I imagine they'd rather have the KanColle adaption coming out soon?
Posted 11/30/13 , edited 12/1/13
Sorry, this is late, was moving back to my dorm today.
Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Nov 29.
DVD


BD
*25 *26 *27 *28 *29 *30 **1  週


Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Nov 30.


DVD
*25 *26 *27 *28 *29 *30 **1  週
*** **8 **3 **6 **5 **5 *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 6
*** **7 **4 *10 **9 **9 *** | -- | Detective Conan Movie 17 Special Edition
*** *17 **7 *14 *13 *13 *** | -- | Detective Conan Movie 17 Standard Edition
*** *19 *14 *26 *18 *16 *** | -- | BROTHERS CONFLICT 4
*** *** *** **8 *10 *17 *** | -- | ONE PIECE Episode of Merry Limited Edition
*** *11 **8 *21 *16 *20 *** | -- | NekoShiro 2
*** *** *** *22 *20 *** *** | -- | Date A Live 6
*** *** *** *25 *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE Episode of Merry Regular Edition
*** *20 *18 *** *** *** *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen
*** *22 *20 *** *** *** *** | -- | RailgunS 5
*** *27 *24 *** *** *** *** | -- | Highschool D×D NEW 3
*** *30 *27 *** *** *** *** | -- | OreImo. 6
**4 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Shingeki 5

BD
*25 *26 *27 *28 *29 *30 **1  週
*** **1 **1 **5 **4 **2 *** | -- | NekoShiro 2
*** **7 **2 **6 **3 **4 *** | -- | UtaPri 2000% 6
*** **5 **7 *14 **9 **5 *** | -- | OreImo. 6
*** *** *** **4 **6 **6 *** | -- | Date A Live 6
*** **4 **4 *12 *10 **7 *** | -- | Hidamari Sketch Sae Hiro Sotsugyou-hen
*** **3 **6 *13 **8 **8 *** | -- | RailgunS 5
*** *** *** **3 **7 **9 *** | -- | Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3
*** *** *** *** *13 *10 *** | -- | Valvrave 6
*** *10 *12 *17 *11 *11 *** | -- | Highschool D×D NEW 3
*** **9 *14 *** *** *12 *** | -- | OreGairu. 6
*** *13 *15 *** *12 *18 *** | -- | Hanagai NEXT 5
*** *16 *11 *19 *16 *19 *** | -- | Detective Conan Movie 17
*** *12 *13 *** *** *20 *** | -- | KinMosa 3
*** *** *18 *** *14 *** *** | -- | Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS 3
*** *** *** *10 *18 *** *** | -- | Love Lab 3
*** *20 *16 *** *19 *** *** | -- | Neptunia 3
*** *** *** *11 *** *** *** | -- | ONE PIECE Episode of Merry
*** *** *** *15 *** *** *** | -- | Photokano 6
*** *15 *19 *** *** *** *** | -- | Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ 2
**4 *** *20 *** *** *** *** | -- | Shingeki 5
*** *18 *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Urusei Yatsura BOX 3
**3 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | NekoShiro 1
**7 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Karneval 7
*17 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Hakkenden 9
*18 *** *** *** *** *** *** | -- | Majestic Prince 6
588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/1/13
Really surprised about Fate/Kaleid selling so much, didn't think it was all that popular.
Posted 12/1/13
Related to sales. Apparently Uta-Pri is one of the biggest otome franchises out there, so it comes to no surprise that it is getting a third season!
Another two years though. I can hardly wait for the boys to be back!


BluTrev wrote:

Really surprised about Fate/Kaleid selling so much, didn't think it was all that popular.


It's a spin-off of a really popular series, so I'm not really surprised. It's not big like other Fate series, but it's pretty good.

3294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/1/13
I’m only surprised that Uta-Pri won’t be coming out until 2015.
On a side note, I wonder if Sentai will ever do an English language release.
Posted 12/2/13
Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Dec 1.


DVD


BD
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/2/13
2015 is just 13 months away. The second season discs aren't even done yet! Time to build anticipation and demand.
Posted 12/3/13 , edited 12/4/13
Anime BD/DVD sales for Nov. 25th-Dec. 1st.
Edit:Totals for this week is done.

Blu-ray



DVD


Totals for this week


Edit:
Free! v.4 will dominate both BD and DVD for this week probably, I don't think anything bigger than it is being released. Hoping for another 30k sales! I want it to keep its current average!
Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Dec. 3rd.


DVD


BD

3294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/5/13
Ok i decided I should probably ask instead of reading it wrong, but how do i read the sales chart exactly.
Posted 12/5/13

Wynd_Stryker wrote:

Ok i decided I should probably ask instead of reading it wrong, but how do i read the sales chart exactly.


It goes like

*Ranking / Sales for the week / Cumulative Sales / Titles.
Ex.
*2.(Ranking) 14,187(Sales for the week) 14,187(Cumulative Sales) Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 2000% Vol.6(Title)

Hope that helps!


hpulley wrote:

2015 is just 13 months away. The second season discs aren't even done yet! Time to build anticipation and demand.


Hopefully next semester I manage to get the job I was hoping for at my university. Then I can easily import a few titles next year and support my favorite shows more. Being in college is suffering, even with a job it will be hard to import much due to money for books, tuition and so on. But I do want to help out as much as I can!

Anyway!
Oricon Daily Anime DVD/ BD Rankings for Dec 4.

DVD


BD


Also, I got this from someone on MAL, and it's very interesting to see! Apparently it's the top selling BD's of anime from 2013 and Free! is in the top ten!
TV Series
======
01 51874 Shingeki no Kyojin v1 (Pony Canyon)
02 39208 Love Live v7 (Bandai)
03 38545 Monogatari 2nd season NekoShiro v1 (Aniplex)
04 35961 GirlPan v4 (Bandai)
05 35694 UtaPrince2 v1 (King Record)
06 29723 SAO v4 (Aniplex)
07 20919 Horizon2 v5 (Bandai)
08 20378 IS2 v1 (Overlap)
09 19424 Free v1 (Warner)
10 18781 JoJo v1 (Bandai)

But I'm a little confused, shouldn't v.2 be over v.1? Wasn't it released before Nov. 10th? (Apparently the survey was conducted 2012 Dec 31 - 2013 Nov 10 so...)
3294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/5/13 , edited 12/5/13
Thanks.

So the survey isn't really for the whole of 2013 then, shouldn't it go until Dec 31st 2013 to get a full idea?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.