Post Reply Some titles not available on ps4
22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 11/27/13
I've noticed that a couple titles I've wanted to watch are not available to me on ps4 like Valvrave, Walkure Romanze and I couldn't be a hero so i reluctantly decided to get a job. The latter of the 2 I watched the first 7 episodes on my xbox 360. Is there a reason for this?
Otter Modder
42370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 7/8/16
Step one
Go here and make sure you have a birth date set.

Step two
Go here and make sure you have 'Show Mature Content' enabled.
22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

beardfist wrote:

Step one
Go here and make sure you have a birth date set.

Step two
Go here and make sure you have 'Show Mature Content' enabled.


I don't believe they are mature titles and I was already watching one on my xbox 360 and valvrave would show up on the list on my xbox as well.
22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
Also mature titles like attack on titan show up on my list so I don't think it's a problem with filters.
Otter Modder
42370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

ionsayaman wrote:

I don't believe they are mature titles and I was already watching one on my xbox 360 and valvrave would show up on the list on my xbox as well.
Microsoft doesn't have a mature content policy, so nothing is restricted on that app, Sony and Apple do.
22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

beardfist wrote:


ionsayaman wrote:

I don't believe they are mature titles and I was already watching one on my xbox 360 and valvrave would show up on the list on my xbox as well.
Microsoft doesn't have a mature content policy, so nothing is restricted on that app, Sony and Apple do.



I'll check it tonight but attack on titan is on my list on the ps4 and that's way more mature content then the fan service on I couldn't be a hero. I'll update tonight if this fixes the problem.
44033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

ionsayaman wrote:I'll check it tonight but attack on titan is on my list on the ps4 and that's way more mature content then the fan service on I couldn't be a hero. I'll update tonight if this fixes the problem.
Violence and gore are seldom rated mature, although maybe Titan should be if any of them are, but fanservice will get you every time, especially if there are unclothed scenes, even if they cover it up with towels, steam, bubbles, etc... I have seen several shows which initially were not rated mature suddenly change status midstream because of one particular episode. Valvrave especially comes to mind because of the rape scene the first season... I can't imagine Yushibu as being rated anything but mature after its first episode, and the same for Walkure... But I do agree that "American" sensibilities are too easily offended and demanding. I do sort of wonder why there isn't a place on a given show's page to have an indicator though, of whether or not it is rated mature for purposes of the devices which require that: Roku PS3, AppleTV, IOS, etc... or even if those have individual different standards. That would be weird.

22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
Yep the mature setting was the reason I wasn't able to see it. Clicked on allow mature and a bunch of anime popped up that wasn't there before, including the ones I listed. Thanks mods.
22013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

asharka wrote:


ionsayaman wrote:I'll check it tonight but attack on titan is on my list on the ps4 and that's way more mature content then the fan service on I couldn't be a hero. I'll update tonight if this fixes the problem.
Violence and gore are seldom rated mature, although maybe Titan should be if any of them are, but fanservice will get you every time, especially if there are unclothed scenes, even if they cover it up with towels, steam, bubbles, etc... I have seen several shows which initially were not rated mature suddenly change status midstream because of one particular episode. Valvrave especially comes to mind because of the rape scene the first season... I can't imagine Yushibu as being rated anything but mature after its first episode, and the same for Walkure... But I do agree that "American" sensibilities are too easily offended and demanding. I do sort of wonder why there isn't a place on a given show's page to have an indicator though, of whether or not it is rated mature for purposes of the devices which require that: Roku PS3, AppleTV, IOS, etc... or even if those have individual different standards. That would be weird.



Yeah I find that odd too. It's kind of like south park the movie, despicable brutal deplorable violence is ok as long as there are no naughty words...or in thus case, panties. Lol
8054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/13
on a side note i notice only the anime and drama titles are on ps4. no pop titles showing up on mine anyways
44033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 12/7/13 , edited 12/7/13

broseanrichard wrote:on a side note i notice only the anime and drama titles are on ps4. no pop titles showing up on mine anyways
Struth... Bjaker has stated in another post that pop titles are only available on PC (here)

5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / EARTH
Offline
Posted 1/23/16
I have the same problem and I have mature settings on and attack on titan still didn't show up
44033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/23/16

Weaboodes wrote:

I have the same problem and I have mature settings on and attack on titan still didn't show up


What country are you in? CR only has a limited list of regions to stream that title:

<media:restriction relationship="allow" type="country">ca pr us vi gg ie im je gb as gu mp um</media:restriction>
CA Canada
PR Puerto Rico
US United States of America
VI Virgin Islands, U.S.
GG Guernsey
IE Ireland
IM Isle of Man
JE Jersey
GB United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
AS American Samoa
GU Guam
MP Northern Mariana Islands
UM United States Minor Outlying Islands
You must be logged in to post.