First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Are you sure you won't eat too much this year?
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13
If you're an American, then you pretty much know Thanksgiving day is tomorrow. So what is Thanksgiving like in your home?

For anyone that isn't American, feel free to ask questions about it. I thought I be nice and do something before the tomorrow.

Let me know this thread exist or not.
Thanks a bunches :


Happy Thanksgiving
Sogno- 
45742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 11/27/13
idk growing up my mother always cooked some wild game, no t necessarily turkey

nowadays i just go wherever i'm invited, different in each home...

but i personally don't have to worry about eating too much because i eat very little to begin with lol

happy thanksgiving to all~
18065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
I am positive that I will treat turkey day like any other day tomorrow. Unless management at my walmart actually have souls and cater in some food for us, I'll likely eat a single oatmeal cream cookie and an arizona tea.

Once my shift is over, I will have to immediately head to bed for another shift 9 hours later.

Once that is done, I will go to my second job for another 3 hours.

And then, only then, might I have a decent meal post-thanksgiving.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13

Sogno- wrote:

idk growing up my mother always cooked some wild game, no t necessarily turkey

nowadays i just go wherever i'm invited, different in each home...

but i personally don't have to worry about eating too much because i eat very little to begin with lol

happy thanksgiving to all~



Same here. I just go to a friend of the family's house to eat.

Happy Thanksgiving again.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
My family goes to my dad's parents' place around noon to have lunch. Just me, my parents, my brother, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and my cousin. We watch the parade and the dog show afterwards. Then, we go home and finish dinner preparations. My mother's family comes over for dinner, the whole lot of them. Three aunts, three uncles, four cousins, grandparents, uncle's girlfriends, aunt's husbands, sometimes other people from the husbands' families. We watch the football game and eat. It is noisy, messy, and crowded, but not altogether unpleasant.

This year, we'll be ending a bit early, because my aunts want to go Black Friday shopping early the next day and my dad and brother have tickets to this year's football game (Ravens fans, here). Hopefully, everyone will be out by 9.
16041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somehwere in the...
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
for the first time ever, I won't be spending thanksgiving with my own family. after last year's fiasco with my sister and parents who left me to cook the entire dinner myself resulting in me close to beating the crap out of my sister for complaining about my cooking...I am allowed to do as I please this year. my parents are volunteering to help give out thanksgiving dinners in my community, as since they have a ton of volunteers this year, I'm spending it with my boyfriend and his family. both of our families are the same really (or use to before my grandma got sick and passed away and everyone started hating each other), huge, loud, and always a lot of food.

I'm contributing pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake, and my mom is sending me over a cassava cake as well.

I will be going black Friday shopping, but only for a few things.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13

laviriot13 wrote:

for the first time ever, I won't be spending thanksgiving with my own family. after last year's fiasco with my sister and parents who left me to cook the entire dinner myself resulting in me close to beating the crap out of my sister for complaining about my cooking...I am allowed to do as I please this year. my parents are volunteering to help give out thanksgiving dinners in my community, as since they have a ton of volunteers this year, I'm spending it with my boyfriend and his family. both of our families are the same really (or use to before my grandma got sick and passed away and everyone started hating each other), huge, loud, and always a lot of food.

I'm contributing pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake, and my mom is sending me over a cassava cake as well.

I will be going black Friday shopping, but only for a few things.



Ouch. That really sucks that they did that to you.
16041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somehwere in the...
Offline
Posted 11/27/13

qualeshia3 wrote:


laviriot13 wrote:

for the first time ever, I won't be spending thanksgiving with my own family. after last year's fiasco with my sister and parents who left me to cook the entire dinner myself resulting in me close to beating the crap out of my sister for complaining about my cooking...I am allowed to do as I please this year. my parents are volunteering to help give out thanksgiving dinners in my community, as since they have a ton of volunteers this year, I'm spending it with my boyfriend and his family. both of our families are the same really (or use to before my grandma got sick and passed away and everyone started hating each other), huge, loud, and always a lot of food.

I'm contributing pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake, and my mom is sending me over a cassava cake as well.

I will be going black Friday shopping, but only for a few things.



Ouch. That really sucks that they did that to you.


yeah...but this year will be better!!! and I will eat until I get into a food coma!!! and repeat and repeat...until it's time to go to Burlington coat factory and petco and get those black Friday deals ^.^
16322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ljubljana, Slovenia
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
Hate me if you want, but I actually do not like 95% of pies, nor do I like turkey. The rest of the Thanksgiving food is good though. Except green beans, those are even worse.

Anyways, Thanksgiving for me is a family gathering at my aunt's house, and it's really noisy and insane since all of my cousins are younger than I am. It's pretty entertaining to do some sports with them outside, however.
9046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 11/27/13
I have to work during Thanksgiving, so I don't get to go back home TT^TT
Stuck at my uni. Going back the weekend after~
And I will have no shame if I gain a few pounds ^^
637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 11/27/13
My mom used to oven roast the turkey, and make all sorts of sides from scratch.
A few years back I got the wild hair to fry the turkey, and it saved my mom a lot of time.
This year we're frying as usual, but will be using a honey garlic injection juice, and most of the sides are prepared shove in the oven boxes, primarily because nobody's getting any younger and other assorted health concerns.
We also have a 2nd turkey that I'm going to throw into my smoker for a good slow cook.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13


Nice one.
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13

MrSmexyTheBeast wrote:

Hate me if you want, but I actually do not like 95% of pies, nor do I like turkey. The rest of the Thanksgiving food is good though. Except green beans, those are even worse.

Anyways, Thanksgiving for me is a family gathering at my aunt's house, and it's really noisy and insane since all of my cousins are younger than I am. It's pretty entertaining to do some sports with them outside, however.



Why would I hate you or want to hate you?
27456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 11/27/13
Oh, please -- this time of year, I'm never sure that I won't eat too much...
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 11/27/13

MatsumotoMania wrote:

Oh, please -- this time of year, I'm never sure that I won't eat too much...



Okay then.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.