First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Would you stay in a relationship with someone who changed their sex?
Posted 11/27/13 , edited 11/27/13
Not a chance in hell
26428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 11/28/13 , edited 12/1/13

uncletim wrote:

wait we talking full snip or Crying game here?


The person has no semblances of their former gender, so to answer your question, yes full snip.


Rohzek wrote:

Ima go ahead and be a dick and just be honest. I respect a lot of things. But when someone starts messing with their junk like that, I view them as just as crazy as someone who wishes to cut off their own arm. I literally consider those kinds of people as insane. So if I was in that situation, I would break up with them instantly without a second thought. Then I would proceed to beat myself up on the inside for being deceived.


I understand your perspective, but what if it was a "I was born in the wrong body" type of situation?


AnimeNation wrote:

Hell no for one) the he/she or whatever should have told the guy before starting a relationship


Yes, that is true, but try to see it from their perspective. If you had changed genders and wanted a serious relationship, would admitting that you used to be so-and-so right from the get-go be a great way to find love?

Personally, if she looks 100% woman, like this for example:


(Transgender by the way)

I would be willing to bypass the fact that she was formerly a man, but this kind of knowledge would have to be under the table. It wouldn't be good news to bring to the folks haha

127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
Change their sexual orientation? you mean a transsexual?
26428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 11/28/13

edson555 wrote:

Change their sexual orientation? you mean a transsexual?


Yes, transsexuals.
46 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
no because that is something you should tell, i would feel like i have been lied to this whole time
57637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
I'd like to have known earlier, but of course I wouldn't care. They're the person I love, doesn't matter if they were the other gender previously.
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 11/28/13 , edited 11/28/13

Chopsuey9444 wrote:


AnimeNation wrote:

Hell no for one) the he/she or whatever should have told the guy before starting a relationship


Yes, that is true, but try to see it from their perspective. If you had changed genders and wanted a serious relationship, would admitting that you used to be so-and-so a great way to find love?


Your perspective is completely flawed. They chose to change genders, they chose to live the life they want. Thus they should understand and realize the repercussions that come with it. If they truly want to find love, shouldn't they find someone who loves them for who they are?

This is exactly the same type of situation if we were to have normal roles as Male and Woman trying to date. You don't tell the woman to change everything about her to fit the Male's expectations right? So why would this be any different? If you like the way you are and are proud of it, then you should be open about it and hope that when/if you do find that partner he will love you for who you are too; no matter the sex. Of course, it shouldn't be your ice breaker, but you should definitely let whatever person you're flirting with know. Remember, confidence is attractive, in any form.

This brings up the question, is not telling lying? I think so, it's a form of deception. A normal person doesn't ask "Are you a transvestite?" or "were you formally a woman?" that's just not a normal question to ask. But it would be more normal and understandable to hear from a beautiful attractive woman that she was once a guy and feels more comfortable as a female; I can respect that.

So to answer, no I wouldn't stay with them. Not for the fact they swapped body parts, but primarily because of deception and lack of trust. I would lose trust in her, and it shows that she does not trust me to be able to be herself around me.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
No. Hell no.
23338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/13

spensaur wrote:


Chopsuey9444 wrote:


AnimeNation wrote:

Hell no for one) the he/she or whatever should have told the guy before starting a relationship


Yes, that is true, but try to see it from their perspective. If you had changed genders and wanted a serious relationship, would admitting that you used to be so-and-so a great way to find love?


Your perspective is completely flawed. They chose to change genders, they chose to live the life they want. Thus they should understand and realize the repercussions that come with it. If they truly want to find love, shouldn't they find someone who loves them for who they are?

This is exactly the same type of situation if we were to have normal roles as Male and Woman trying to date. You don't tell the woman to change everything about her to fit the Male's expectations right? So why would this be any different? If you like the way you are and are proud of it, then you should be open about it and hope that when/if you do find that partner he will love you for who you are too; no matter the sex. Of course, it shouldn't be your ice breaker, but you should definitely let whatever person you're flirting with know. Remember, confidence is attractive, in any form.

This brings up the question, is not telling lying? I think so, it's a form of deception. A normal person doesn't ask "Are you a transvestite?" or "were you formally a woman?" that's just not a normal question to ask. But it would be more normal and understandable to hear from a beautiful attractive woman that she was once a guy and feels more comfortable as a female; I can respect that.

So to answer, no I wouldn't stay with them. Not for the fact they swapped body parts, but primarily because of deception and lack of trust. I would lose trust in her, and it shows that she does not trust me to be able to be herself around me.


This dude nailed it.

BTW there is nothing like I was born in a different body. Some guys are naturally more feminine or feel so or both. Similarly, for some girls are naturally more masculine or feel so or both. But no one is naturally gay or lesbo, or is any male born into a female's body or vice versa . Those stuff are choices you make.
18054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
Answering the question: I might stay in the relationship, if the bond is really strong. Hey, who knows. Reverse couple might happen. I'm a carbon-copy of my mom, plus the facial hair and other stuff. If I lose all the unnecessary weight, curves would show. I almost got molested by my dad because of my physical resemblance to my mom. So, I purposely gained some weight and acted more a brute.


I respect LGBTQA. I don't hate them. They have the right to pursue happiness.

But, I'm straight. I like/love females.
Dammit, girls are getting hotter nowadays, can't help being a casanova.





33359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
Nope
26428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 11/28/13



Your perspective is completely flawed. They chose to change genders, they chose to live the life they want. Thus they should understand and realize the repercussions that come with it. If they truly want to find love, shouldn't they find someone who loves them for who they are?

You can't choose what gender you are. Most transsexuals aren't ordinary people who think to themselves, "Gee, I wonder it would be like to be a man/woman". Some would be born in male/female bodies, yet identify themselves as woman/man. This makes it difficult for them to find love as most people would be instantly turned off at the though of dating a transsexual, which is why admitting that they're transsexual is difficult for them.

This is exactly the same type of situation if we were to have normal roles as Male and Woman trying to date. You don't tell the woman to change everything about her to fit the Male's expectations right? So why would this be any different? If you like the way you are and are proud of it, then you should be open about it and hope that when/if you do find that partner he will love you for who you are too; no matter the sex. Of course, it shouldn't be your ice breaker, but you should definitely let whatever person you're flirting with know. Remember, confidence is attractive, in any form.

But, that's the issue. Transsexuals aren't comfortable with the way they were born, that's why they change genders. It's not because of peer pressure, or the urgency of others, it's a matter of personal choice. You speak of honesty, but how could transsexuals be honest when they are not honest to themselves if they continue living in a body that doesn't truly represent who they really are. It would be hard to be confident when you're living as a lie.

This brings up the question, is not telling lying? I think so, it's a form of deception. A normal person doesn't ask "Are you a transvestite?" or "were you formally a woman?" that's just not a normal question to ask. But it would be more normal and understandable to hear from a beautiful attractive woman that she was once a guy and feels more comfortable as a female; I can respect that.

I agree that transvestites should be honest to the partners, but the truth can sometimes be more painful to stomach than lies.

So to answer, no I wouldn't stay with them. Not for the fact they swapped body parts, but primarily because of deception and lack of trust. I would lose trust in her, and it shows that she does not trust me to be able to be herself around me.


I understand your point of view.



Posted 11/28/13 , edited 11/28/13

Chopsuey9444 wrote:

Personally, if she looks 100% woman, like this for example:


(Transgender by the way)

I would be willing to bypass the fact that she was formerly a man, but this kind of knowledge would have to be under the table. It wouldn't be good news to bring to the folks haha


thing with this is most Asians males have female faces ( also Asia is plastic sugary happy to )
they can start hormones from like age of 9 unlike in the west you have to be 16 or 18 by that time you gone throw puberty so you look manlier / female like why so meany Weston transgenders look like men in drag cues aware health laws / religion / and the are you sour this is you and what you wont . i don't feel your at right age to know till your 18 ..........


would not bother me to be honest but i would like to know before we dated

67031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 11/28/13
It makes a lot more difference than you'd think though. If I want to have kids for example, that's most likely impossible with someone who switched genders. It's a much more difficult decision than just, I love her so I'll stay with her. It has more implications than just, she was a he before.
36195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 11/28/13

Chopsuey9444 wrote:




Your perspective is completely flawed. They chose to change genders, they chose to live the life they want. Thus they should understand and realize the repercussions that come with it. If they truly want to find love, shouldn't they find someone who loves them for who they are? (AS IN LOVE THEM FOR BEING A TRANSEXUAL)

You can't choose what gender you are. Most transsexuals aren't ordinary people who think to themselves, "Gee, I wonder it would be like to be a man/woman". Some would be born in male/female bodies, yet identify themselves as woman/man. This makes it difficult for them to find love as most people would be instantly turned off at the though of dating a transsexual, which is why admitting that they're transsexual is difficult for them.

You... can't choose your gender.. but yet you can choose be a transsexual... So isn't that choosing your gender? You're completely ignoring what I said and repeating something I already know and understand very well. I never once said any of this would be easy; being a transsexual, bisexual, gay, or anything from the norm is NOT easy which is why I try my best to be understanding of their situation and how society perceives them. Of course it's going to be difficult to come out and say "I'm a transexual" to a stranger you just met, nonetheless you should let them know if you and them are both planning on perusing a relationship together (something you shouldn't be ashamed of).

This is exactly the same type of situation if we were to have normal roles as Male and Woman trying to date. You don't tell the woman to change everything about her to fit the Male's expectations right? So why would this be any different? If you like the way you are and are proud of it, then you should be open about it and hope that when/if you do find that partner he will love you for who you are too; no matter the sex. Of course, it shouldn't be your ice breaker, but you should definitely let whatever person you're flirting with know. Remember, confidence is attractive, in any form.

But, that's the issue. Transsexuals aren't comfortable with the way they were born, that's why they change genders. It's not because of peer pressure, or the urgency of others, it's a matter of personal choice. You speak of honesty, but how could transsexuals be honest when they are not honest to themselves if they continue living in a body that doesn't truly represent who they really are. It would be hard to be confident when you're living as a lie.

So if trans aren't comfortable the way they were born then change genders wouldn't that mean they're more comfortable now? I think you misunderstood me.

This brings up the question, is not telling lying? I think so, it's a form of deception. A normal person doesn't ask "Are you a transvestite?" or "were you formally a woman?" that's just not a normal question to ask. But it would be more normal and understandable to hear from a beautiful attractive woman that she was once a guy and feels more comfortable as a female; I can respect that.

I agree that transvestites should be honest to the partners, but the truth can sometimes be more painful to stomach than lies.

Again, I never once said it would be easy. But the plain fact of the matter is, you need to man up, or woman up to it and be honest about it. Hiding who you are and being ashamed of being a transvestite doesn't make any sense. Why be trans in the first place if you're not going to have the confidence to live happily as a trans?

So to answer, no I wouldn't stay with them. Not for the fact they swapped body parts, but primarily because of deception and lack of trust. I would lose trust in her, and it shows that she does not trust me to be able to be herself around me.


I understand your point of view.





In summary, be a transvestite if you want. But if you do become a transvestite, pimp it like it's 1972. Seriously, if you're going to go all-in and swap genders, then you should be proud of that decision and rock it til the death. Don't run around yelling "i'm a tranny" but at least be able to bring it up in conversations and be proud of the fact that you had the guts to do something thousands of others can't do because they're pressured about how society perceives people that don't fall into the norm. Plain and simple, be who you want to be, and be proud of it. If the person you take interest in doesn't like you for whatever reason it may be, then move on and find a new partner that will cherish you for whatever bad or good things you got going on in your life. Hiding something so important like this from your partner is a big deal and quite deceptive so I don't agree with it - even if gender swapping wasn't involved, you shouldn't be lying and deceiving in any relationship.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.