First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Does any of the songs these days make any sense?
Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/6/13
most of coldplay's songs don't make sense t o me but they're still my favorite band and i love all their songs so... i guess it doesn't have to make sense to be enjoyable
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / 私の心は、日本で
Offline
Posted 12/6/13 , edited 12/6/13
Wrecking Ball makes plenty of sense. *THAT GIRL LOST HER MIND (and hair)* No offense. Ofc loads would be taken if she came here and read this. xD
Somebody That i Used to Know makes NO SENSE.
Japanese Anime songs make sense. They're often awesome to listen to. That's all the sense needed!
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 12/6/13
Is this one of those "back in the day, music was GOOD" threads?

Of course "songs these days" make sense. A song is a work of art, meat to be interpreted in different ways by different listeners. They cannot be meaningless. Just because one song means "nothing" to one person, doesn't mean it has no meaning to anyone else.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

Aokidanza wrote:

Is this one of those "back in the day, music was GOOD" threads?

Of course "songs these days" make sense. A song is a work of art, meat to be interpreted in different ways by different listeners. They cannot be meaningless. Just because one song means "nothing" to one person, doesn't mean it has no meaning to anyone else.


Although you make a valid point, I would warn against speaking in such absolutes. Not all songs are a work of art... Lil Wayne... case in point.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

thekevin4 wrote:


Aokidanza wrote:

Is this one of those "back in the day, music was GOOD" threads?

Of course "songs these days" make sense. A song is a work of art, meat to be interpreted in different ways by different listeners. They cannot be meaningless. Just because one song means "nothing" to one person, doesn't mean it has no meaning to anyone else.


Although you make a valid point, I would warn against speaking in such absolutes. Not all songs are a work of art... Lil Wayne... case in point.


I see your point, but I remain firm in my absolute. Lil Wayne may not be art to you or me, but to someone out there, I'm sure it is. Even if it's only art to Lil Wayne himself.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

Aokidanza wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:


Aokidanza wrote:

Is this one of those "back in the day, music was GOOD" threads?

Of course "songs these days" make sense. A song is a work of art, meat to be interpreted in different ways by different listeners. They cannot be meaningless. Just because one song means "nothing" to one person, doesn't mean it has no meaning to anyone else.


Although you make a valid point, I would warn against speaking in such absolutes. Not all songs are a work of art... Lil Wayne... case in point.


I see your point, but I remain firm in my absolute. Lil Wayne may not be art to you or me, but to someone out there, I'm sure it is. Even if it's only art to Lil Wayne himself.


The thought of someone considering the crap he spews out art makes me shudder lol
20471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Pinellas Park, FL
Offline
Posted 12/6/13
I don't give a damn about sense.

When I hear Carol of The Bells, it's time to throw down. Find the nearest person and just deck them in the face. All of Bruno Mars music is walking and strolling music with maybe 1 running song (locked out of heaven).

It's all about the feeling man. You take what you like. I can't help but feel happy listening to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu but fuck if I know what's going on there.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

thekevin4 wrote:

The thought of someone considering the crap he spews out art makes me shudder lol


I feel you, bro. Never said everyone has good taste.
Posted 12/6/13 , edited 12/6/13
I don't think you need to be able to understand the song or relate to it in order to like it and enjoy listening to it. Of course there are those songs that just strike a chord with you, but there are also songs that just happen to sound really good regardless.

Anyone can find meaning in anything. I was an English Literature major. I KNOW that to be a FACT. Lol.. Anyone can read something and come up with any number of ridiculous / absurd (not to mention long-winded) interpretations or analyses of it.

Although most of mainstream music don't appeal to me, I have learned to not be so uppity about it. I've learned that everyone has their own reasons for liking different things. Just as I enjoy listening to Lady Gaga's catchy songs (they just sound so darn catchy!!), others might feel the same about artists that I don't particularly like.

It's not really my place to deem any song as meaningless garbage, and I'm sure that if I were an artist, I wouldn't want anyone to do that to any of my songs either.
Posted 12/6/13 , edited 12/6/13
I just pay attention to the beats, I download a lot of instrumentals from rock to dubstep. Lyrics; verses, chorus.. doesn't matter much

What's with the Lil Wayne dissing. His stuff is good and not boring.
38980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

demongurrl13 wrote:

I don't think you need to be able to understand the song or relate to it in order to like it and enjoy listening to it. Of course there are those songs that just strike a chord with you, but there are also songs that just happen to sound really good regardless.

Anyone can find meaning in anything. I was an English Literature major. I KNOW that to be a FACT. Lol.. Anyone can read something and come up with any number of ridiculous / absurd (not to mention long-winded) interpretations or analyses of it.

Although most of mainstream music don't appeal to me, I have learned to not be so uppity about it. I've learned that everyone has their own reasons for liking different things. Just as I enjoy listening to Lady Gaga's catchy songs (they just sound so darn catchy!!), others might feel the same about artists that I don't particularly like.

It's not really my place to deem any song as meaningless garbage, and I'm sure that if I were an artist, I wouldn't want anyone to do that to any of my songs either.


D-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I am, making my return to trolling CR forums, and when I go to post on your wall I find we a re no longer buddies.... sad day
29767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/6/13

Aokidanza wrote:

Is this one of those "back in the day, music was GOOD" threads?.


The OP looks like a combination of that and "the modern world is evil", complete with (intentionally hyperbolic?) speculation that maybe we were better off as cavemen. Our world has a lot of problems that seem unsolvable, but we've made a lot of progress on things that people didn't even think of as problems because they seemed inevitable (diseases, slavery...). Drastic backtracking isn't a good solution.

The same general thing is true of music, as is repeatedly explained in these types of threads. Sooner or later, people start getting nostalgic about certain songs or bands, and they often end up deciding that everything new sucks or "doesn't make sense" because it doesn't make them feel the same way. That's fine and all, but keep in mind it isn't generally the music's fault.
Posted 12/6/13

thekevin4 wrote:

D-CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I am, making my return to trolling CR forums, and when I go to post on your wall I find we a re no longer buddies.... sad day


Oh, yeah sorry about that... It's nothing personal against you. There was just this one time before when, in a fit of rage, I decided to unfriend everyone. No worries, an add is on it's way.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 12/6/13
I listen to all genres more or less so I tend to find a lot of music I like and listen to that blends well with others. Though Country, Rock, and Jazz take up the majority of my lists.

As for songs making sense... well it matters who listens to it. One person might not like say Justin Timberlake, while another does. It's kind of like beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but for music instead of looks.
171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Deep In Naruto-ku...
Offline
Posted 4/24/14
in my opinion...
I think that those Japanese song makes more sense that the others...
I'm a Chinese but I hate Chinese songs... all of them are love songs...
when the composer broke up with his/her lover... they write a sad love song...
when the composer got married... they write a happy love song...
it is sooooo annoying!!! ლ(ಠдಠლ)
it is sooooo meaningless and it makes no sense to me AT ALL!!!
as for the Japanese songs...
the reason I think they make more sense is because the songs that I've listened to were all encouraging people not to give up easily, or maybe encouraging people to keep on going, or maybe how to face your obstacles and also cheers people up... it helps a lot of people recovering from depression, anxiety, autism, people with suicidal behavior, self harm and so on...
even those love songs make sense... but I seldom listen to love song though... lol
it's just my opinion... no offense...

favorite songs:
The Bravery by Supercell
The Reluctant Heroes by Hiroyuki Sawano
Hall of Fame by The Script
Lips of An Angle by Hinder

**click on the name of the song to play**
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.