First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
Post Reply Most F'd Up Manga(s) That You've Read
50252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/11/14 , edited 2/11/14

IndistinctCredence wrote:

Hmmmm, I don't consider many of these listed as being fucked up. Many of them simply seem realistic with a dark premise and setting. Either way, at least I found a few series that I've deemed worthy of a read from some of these suggestions.


Well the Guro artist I mentioned has some "fucked up" doujins. For example, he did one of WataMote, where...



It's rather short, but explicit. I don't really label it as "fucked up", but your opinion may vary. Just search Motenaishi Ryonarareru! on google and you'll find it, eventually.
6505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/11/14 , edited 2/11/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:


IndistinctCredence wrote:

Hmmmm, I don't consider many of these listed as being fucked up. Many of them simply seem realistic with a dark premise and setting. Either way, at least I found a few series that I've deemed worthy of a read from some of these suggestions.


Well the Guro artist I mentioned has some "fucked up" doujins. For example, he did one of WataMote, where...



It's rather short, but explicit. I don't really label it as "fucked up", but your opinion may vary. Just search Motenaishi Ryonarareru! on google and you'll find it, eventually.


Not really sure I want to find it. Anyways, that's a bit different than the series being listed as "fucked up" that I was referring to, like Battle Royal isn't particularly what I would define as "fucked up", rather just dark and realistic. I don't know if anyone has listed it here, but I have some friends that even define Aku no Hana as "fucked up", an opinion which I wholeheartedly disagree with.
16218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
Hitoshi Tomizawa has a couple, like Alien Nine and Milk Closet. Some intensely surreal stuff.
4020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Wouldn't you like...
Offline
Posted 2/11/14 , edited 2/11/14
Akame ga Kill!
There are a few moments in that manga that just make you think,"What the hell am I even reading?"
60037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
Gyo, probably the most messed up but fascinating one I've read.
50252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/11/14

IndistinctCredence wrote:

Not really sure I want to find it. Anyways, that's a bit different than the series being listed as "fucked up" that I was referring to, like Battle Royal isn't particularly what I would define as "fucked up", rather just dark and realistic. I don't know if anyone has listed it here, but I have some friends that even define Aku no Hana as "fucked up", an opinion which I wholeheartedly disagree with.


I get what you mean, I was just saying that the artist I posted about has some material you may consider "fucked up". You said most of the posts listed here aren't "fucked up", which is why I pointed out that this particular artist was (in most people's opinions). Moving on, have you ever read Oyasumi Punpun? It's a coming of age story in which the main character and his family are depicted as birds. It has that whole "realistic and dark" feeling to it, like The Flowers of Evil or Onanie Master Kurosawa.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/4632/Oyasumi_Punpun
6505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/11/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:



I get what you mean, I was just saying that the artist I posted about has some material you may consider "fucked up". You said most of the posts listed here aren't "fucked up", which is why I pointed out that this particular artist was (in most people's opinions). Moving on, have you ever read Oyasumi Punpun? It's a coming of age story in which the main character and his family are depicted as birds. It has that whole "realistic and dark" feeling to it, like The Flowers of Evil or Onanie Master Kurosawa.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/4632/Oyasumi_Punpun


Sounds interesting, I'll give it a read.
Posted 2/11/14

dmdwriter wrote:

Hitoshi Tomizawa has a couple, like Alien Nine and Milk Closet. Some intensely surreal stuff.


Alien nine was a fucked up manga...?
17496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
Hellseason
23501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
I've read Uzumaki and some of Homonclus(oops). It was interesting and...interesting.

Thanks for the recommendations people.
16218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/14

Strahfobiya wrote:


dmdwriter wrote:

Hitoshi Tomizawa has a couple, like Alien Nine and Milk Closet. Some intensely surreal stuff.


Alien nine was a fucked up manga...?


Yes.



He has a talent for monster designs, and unlike a lot of manga writers, he uses a fair amount of ambiguity and symbolism. Kind of the dark side of Pokemon, where adults want you to have a mon for their own purposes just as you grow up and are dealing with the changes in your body from puberty. It gets unnerving the more you think on it, and the manga does it without too much in the way of cheap violence or gore.
Ceary 
26757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/11/14 , edited 2/11/14
The manga Homunculus by YAMAMOTO Hideo.
Anything by Ito Junji ... damn just saying.
1312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/14
I thought Litchi Hikari Club was pretty messed up.
23501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

Irybell wrote:

I thought Litchi Hikari Club was pretty messed up.


I actually finish the manga and it's SO VERY different from the anime series that it's pretty laughable.
1312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


Irybell wrote:

I thought Litchi Hikari Club was pretty messed up.


I actually finish the manga and it's SO VERY different from the anime series that it's pretty laughable.


I only saw some promos for the anime but was it done with chibi characters and a comedy? What an odd adaption...
First  Prev  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.