First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
The Black Hole Theory
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^but matter can never be taken out of existence theoretically speaking. That is why the vaccum of space forms the infamous "dark energy" that is believed to contain dark matter. Which comes in existence at random anomalies.

Thats the equivalent of stating I can destroy ones being but not ones existence. Meaning nor how much I compress a single entity its remains constant. Thats what relativity and string theory propose in some aspects.
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/23/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Yea thats also another problem. See that theory contradicting to the quantum "string theory". Which proposes all matter are made up of strings.

insert: well if the new theory that black holes let relieves itself of matter would defeat the idea of dimensional rifts. Besides its the worm hole that proposes that sort of idea. But quantum mechanics of the dimensions suggest other universes.


String Theory doesn't exactly contradict Quantum Theory. It is more of a switch in perspective. Quantum Mechanics treats each particle as a point on a plane in 0-D while String theory refers to each particle as a string in regards to 1-D. It is more of a theory to describe quantum gravity which Quantum Mechanics doesn't cover. Instead it embodies models for the weak, strong, and electromagnetic forces.
13235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / It be sleepy time...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
Actually as the you approach the event horizon time slows down, since time is relative to speed the faster you move the slower time passes since time is not a constant. So as you are pulled in closer and closer to the event horizon time for you is slowing down while for everyone else it remains the same.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07

DoNotDisturb wrote:


sushee wrote:

maybe its condensed to something smaller than a atom which we havent discovered yet just a guess lol


Atom is only Smallest recognized division of a chemical element.......It is not Truly Elementary, There is Proton(Hadron/Quarks) Electron(Leptons) Neutrons.
Black Hole is only a Theory. First They saying to Escape from it You have to Travel at the Speed of Light. But "Theory of Relativity" Saying nothing can travel at speed of light. But If the Theory of Relativity is False. Then The Universe would have no Boundary(Why Do Universe have a Boundary? Simple: If the Theory of Relativity saying nothing can Travel at "C" Then For an Object to be there, it has to be traveling at the Speed of "C") But If the Theory of Relativity is True and the Speed of Light is Decreasing it means the Universe's boundary is shrinking. Also it comes in mind what is on the Other side of the Boundary. And what does this have to do with Anime, Don't we just have too much time? I aren't very good at Physic

Edit:
Also, Gravitational Force is the Weakest out of four basic force of Nature. Electromagnetic force, Strong Nuclear Force, Gravitational Force, Weak Nuclear Force. Also, if the Universe is Expanding, Someday it will reach it's limit and shrink, back to the enormous energy of Big Bang. And the Big Rip is something close to what I just said. Meaning the Universe will end someday. Pretty New Theory.

Also May I ask what does this have to do with our Human Life?.......

Not bad for someone who doesnt seem to be not that good at physic Ok the Big Rip theory claims that the Universe is increasingly expanding. Due to an ominous dark energy. Now this displays no limit to the boundaries of the actual universe.


jamehze wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Yea thats also another problem. See that theory contradicting to the quantum "string theory". Which proposes all matter are made up of strings.

insert: well if the new theory that black holes let relieves itself of matter would defeat the idea of dimensional rifts. Besides its the worm hole that proposes that sort of idea. But quantum mechanics of the dimensions suggest other universes.


String Theory doesn't exactly contradict Quantum Theory. It is more of a switch in perspective. Quantum Mechanics treats each particle as a point on a plane in 0-D while String theory refers to each particle as a string in regards to 1-D. It is more of a theory to describe quantum gravity which Quantum Mechanics doesn't cover. Instead it embodies models for the weak, strong, and electromagnetic forces.

Thats quite true I accidentally used the wrong reference my mistake. I only have a problem to the actual rate at which a Black Hole compresses matter. So I kinda dont agree with the basic concept of time itself. Seeming as it forms far to many anomalies.


Jesterj wrote:

Actually as the you approach the event horizon time slows down, since time is relative to speed the faster you move the slower time passes since time is not a constant. So as you are pulled in closer and closer to the event horizon time for you is slowing down while for everyone else it remains the same.


Thats actually a reference to the speed of light. If times not a constant then that might explain why the theory of relativity is at a fault. Seeing as speed revolves on the principals of time.

42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 6/23/07

SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Well apparently I recently discovered that in some cases a black hole actually leaks information out of it. Which kinda came as a surprise to me But if you stand far away from a Black Hole you dont see any movement. But if your move past the event horizon you see the swirling mass. Its true the gravitational pull is more then the speed of light. Thats why i`m at a quandary as to how this is possible.



Some black holes are actually neutron stars in disguise. That's how information is "leaked" Even "normal" black holes emit massive amount of radation... it's just extremely directional, while neutron stars that are disguised as black holes emit gamma rays in wildly erratic patterns.
Note* Read: On the Shoulders of Giants (Basic astro theory); Quantum theory (i think that's the title) Dissertation by Stephen Hawking.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^^do you refer to me??? because i`m really just 17. Cant help if I seem to be a minor in physics. Gotta love scientific theories. Brings me joy in figuring out the faults in others ideas.


Dusterbayala wrote:


SenbonzakuraMaster wrote:

Well apparently I recently discovered that in some cases a black hole actually leaks information out of it. Which kinda came as a surprise to me But if you stand far away from a Black Hole you dont see any movement. But if your move past the event horizon you see the swirling mass. Its true the gravitational pull is more then the speed of light. Thats why i`m at a quandary as to how this is possible.



Some black holes are actually neutron stars in disguise. That's how information is "leaked" Even "normal" black holes emit massive amount of radation... it's just extremely directional, while neutron stars that are disguised as black holes emit gamma rays in wildly erratic patterns.
Note* Read: On the Shoulders of Giants (Basic astro theory); Quantum theory (i think that's the title) Dissertation by Stephen Hawking.

Thats what i`m tryna refer to. I`ve read some of Hawkings ideas. I also had some links on references to the black holes disguised as neutron stars. Its been observed on the Hubble telescope.
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^I thought if this is something that interests you then, you might enjoy those books...

I chose to read them, as I'm majoring in Astronomy and Meteorology...(I still have a few years before I get my Doctorate...-like a lot- so i'm still a novice as well )

Edit:
A few years ago I had someone put an interesting theory (completely their own drug induced theory) i'll tell ya the theory in a PM if you want... Just pm me. Seb
7037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / I live in england...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
i watched this documaentry once on steven hawkins's theory on black holes and his theory was if you get swallowed by on then you will freeze in time... if i remember correctly..........
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
Thx for the refrence duster I`ll be sure to read the "Shoulders of Giants" now. I just wanna get a head start on my Astronomy for college. That way I can finish a dissertation soon as possible. Can you believe I`ve been studying physics since I was in 10th grade
42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 6/23/07

amanda233 wrote:

i watched this documaentry once on steven hawkins's theory on black holes and his theory was if you get swallowed by on then you will freeze in time... if i remember correctly..........


If you are anywhere near a black hole you'd be crushed long before you could freeze.. (in a craft of life sustaining ability - without the craft - you're fucked either way)

^Senb - Good luck.. hell by the time you get your degree and I finally finish mine, we might start working together at the same time! What are thinking of specialising in?
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
@DoNotDisturb Your comment about this never happening in thousands of years doesn't make too much sense. The whole idea of science is that it is a quest for knowledge. Sure it might not have any direct relation to our current lives, but the pursuit of understanding the laws that govern our world is pretty important enough to some people. Besides who says this won't affect us? We have no idea how to predict these from occurring, and a large enough black hole can affect us even if it is light years away.

Edit: I should mention that hypothetically, it should be possible that you can produce a miniature black hole in a particle accelerator so this could happen within the next couple of decades so it could affect human life.


Thats actually a reference to the speed of light. If times not a constant then that might explain why the theory of relativity is at a fault. Seeing as speed revolves on the principals of time.


The theory of relativity does account for time as not a constant. The definition of relativity is that simultaneous events can be judged subjectively. Like when you observe multiple events. One person can judge that they occur at the same time, but another can see that they don't. Relativity states that time can be different for a particle in regards to a specific frame of reference. So time will slow down when approaching the speed of light relative to a particle's frame of reference.
29289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Body in NY Mind i...
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^For some reason I cant agree with certain theories in the scientific community. But the reason I made the statement that time and speed seem relatively similar is to make an assumption. At some point i`m gonna need a group of people to prove certain aspects of these theories. It would a pleasure if key people on here would give me some of their own theories.


So time will slow down when approaching the speed of light relative to a particle's frame of reference.

I believe that is what hawkings said. But if the speed of light has decreased will you receive the same effect?
5787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
This is a topic I'd love contribute to when I have more time. Einstein developed the theory of relativity, and his theories up the event horizon were correct. after that it gets sketchy. Other physicists have taken his theories and developed them a bit more.

If you are really interested in this topic, I suggest you read "Black Holes and Time Warps" by Kip Thorne. He breaks down and explains the quantum physics involved to make certain a bit easier to understand. Great book.

42000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Monterey, CA
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^J sumthin Said: I should mention that hypothetically, it should be possible that you can produce a miniature black hole in a particle accelerator so this could happen within the next couple of decades so it could affect human life.


Theoretically you could... but it would be so insanely dangerous that there would be no possible fail safe, therefore too dangerous to study, until better protection is available...
So study from a distance and theoretical study is prime.

Edit: to the edit above: That's one i haven't heard of... will check it out thanks for the info!
3928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
^ Yeah more of a response to DoNotDisturb about this affecting our lives. After all if some dumb ass does decide to make one on Earth, we're all fucked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.