First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Manga Box
33453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13

lorreen wrote: I am rather liking First Love Suicide Pact.
In case u or anyone else is wondering, I guess this was temporarily taken down (from the English site) because "App Market pointed out". Not really sure what that means... but u can view my tweets to MangaBox and their responses (which were pleasantly quick again!) here if interested.

Long story short, it should be back up again though in a few days.
One Punch Mod
88018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/31/13

suikojay wrote:


lorreen wrote: I am rather liking First Love Suicide Pact.
In case u or anyone else is wondering, I guess this was temporarily taken down (from the English site) because "App Market pointed out". Not really sure what that means... but u can view my tweets to MangaBox and their responses (which were pleasantly quick again!) here if interested.

Long story short, it should be back up again though in a few days.


That's interesting. Guess I got in my reading of the most recent chapter just in time.
29015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/14
The comics on MangaBox are a real mixed bag. I like Peephole, Suicide Pact, the one where the puppy turns into a school girl and Gramp's tales for weirdos (or whatever the translation is) but the rest is a lot of filler.

I just don't know how they are making money off of this. It looks like there is an option to advertise for the app on facebook to unlock new chapters ahead of whatever day they unlock without posting about them on facebook, but that doesn't sound like a revenue stream. Maybe this is a try before you buy thing, seeing if they can get enough active users and then start charging for either an ad-free version of the app or a per week/month subscription.

Because the quality is not a good as most of the offerings on Crunchyroll or virtually all of WSJ, I'm already about three weeks behind. I guess I would pay a dollar or fifty cents a week for this service if it added a headliner not avaiable elsewhere, maybe promised to put out new series every month, and still had all this other filler.
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14
Maybe it's used as a kind of test ground for what english speakers read? some manga could later be on Crunchyroll?
I can't really imagine how they're making money from free mangas on Manga Box, not unless they are going to introduce something special.
63505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 2/13/14
According to the first volume of Fuuka, it is going to be on MangaBox. I think it said to look for it on the February 18th update. That would mean it is one week behind publication, but that's fine...
7253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

suikojay wrote:

Has anyone found a way to read any of the in-between issues (Episodes) on a PC? Specifically the ones between the first issue and the last? I don't have an iPhone or an Android, so I'm just trying to view what I can with my laptop, but I don't see any way to get to the ones in-between.


You need to use a smartphone emulator like BlueStacks to read them. It works together with android apps like MangaBox, you can use Bluestacks for mac too.. but I only tried on windows 7.

1. Download & Install Bluestacks from here: http://www.bluestacks.com/
- it takes a while to install, it even needed to download new drivers for my onboard GPU.. and go into black screen for a while.. (maybe it won't ask you for updates)

2. When done open up BlueStacks and click the help icon at the at the top
- this will open up the Bluestacks browser.

3. in the browser's text bar (copy paste): http://apkandroid.blogspot.com/2013/12/manga-box-manga-app-109-apk.html go down and click the green android download button to install the Manga Box android app.

4. When installed click on the home icon in the lower left corner,
at the home menu click on all apps in upper right corner and open up Manga Box!

hope it's not too late to mention this.




217288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 3/12/14 , edited 3/12/14
I read somewhere before related to Mangabox where if you help promote their company, you can read early releases from their manga works. Is this true and if so, how does one go about promoting their company?
28784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / US
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Manga Box has a website now so you can read the previous mangas as well as the new ones. Even the ones that aren't available on teh app are available here. The reason for that is that some of the chapters, Google doesn't approve so since the app is on Play, changes had to be made. However, don't let that keep you from trying out this manga app. I found some good ones and new ones join on a daily basis. Besides, it's free for the time being.
One Punch Mod
88018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/15/14 , edited 6/18/14
Kind of wondering if anyone is still reading this collection, and if so, which titles you regularly read.

First Love Suicide Pact is my favorite and so far I quite like Money Fight but I also read the following though I can't say any of them are all that good:

Spoof on Titan
Green Worldz
Beyond Evil
In a Heartbeat
Logick
Genji the Death's Friend


(I was also reading Peephole out of morbid curiosity but it no longer seems to be showing up on the app, and I can't recall if it ended, or if maybe they just pulled it for some reason.)

I've started reading Why Can't I Get a Girlfriend but it's too early to say if I'll keep doing so.
44750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/15/14
I read an article on ANN saying that a manga adaptation of Space Dandy will appear on there this month. In a heartbeat is the only one I follow religiously though I'm also following a dozen or so other series on there. It's probably among the better services for simulpubbed manga along with Crunchyroll. (Viz has got to step up their game with Jump if they want to compete, there selection is so small!)
50323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Elephant
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

kronosking wrote:

I read an article on ANN saying that a manga adaptation of Space Dandy will appear on there this month. In a heartbeat is the only one I follow religiously though I'm also following a dozen or so other series on there. It's probably among the better services for simulpubbed manga along with Crunchyroll. (Viz has got to step up their game with Jump if they want to compete, there selection is so small!)

You see VIZ is following a magazine formula instead of the Netflix formula that CR is doing. If I had to choose only one service, I'll gladly take VIZ over CR or Manga Box. I don't care about the amount of series, if I won't enjoy them as much.

Now, back to the topic, I'm liking The Godlike Gambler Arimaria a lot. I want to see more gambling series like this, where people don't put their lives on the line or playing Japanese and Chinese games that I don't understand. Maybe it will go that route later, but so far, this gets a thumbs up from me. I hope CR adds the sequel which is being published in WSM.
63505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/17/14 , edited 6/17/14
So far my favorites on MangaBox are:

- Logic - A kind of sweet slice of life story with lots of character growth and an intriguing female lead.
- I was a Human - A short, sweet love science fiction romance.
- Man's Bestest Friend - A funny and outlandish story about a loser at love (and life for the most part) who gets a dog as a present for his girlfriend right before she dumps him, then when he gets the dog home she turns into a high school girl, complete with sailor uniform. (Later he takes care of the bosses cat and she turns into a high school girl too. The two fight like... well... cats and dogs...)
- Eyaminokami - The Plague Princess - A young man who deemed himself a failure because he can't summon shikigami to fight demons like his father and brother can (though there is some indication that he sacrificed that ability at some point to save his brother) accidentally releases a goddess of poverty and has to deal with her capricious ways and the ill effects of having her around him.
- Red Blood Red Legacy - In what seems like a post-apocalyptic world, a boy is approaching his coming-of-age ceremony, where he and his girlfriend will ... well ... you know... and some nasty vampires have other things in mind.
- Nade Nade Shiko Shiko - An off the wall love comedy with a cave girl and a high school kid. 4-koma goodness.
- First Love Suicide Pact - A pretty bizarre love story to say the least.
- Peephole - Totally sick and wrong on so many levels, but interesting.
- Why Can't I Get A Girlfriend - This one just started, but it is entertaining so far.


stark700 wrote:

I read somewhere before related to Mangabox where if you help promote their company, you can read early releases from their manga works. Is this true and if so, how does one go about promoting their company?


When you are reading it on the app, most of the time when you finish the most recent chapter there is the option to share and read the next chapter. I usually use twitter, but there are several options.

Of course, that means you just have to wait even longer to get to the next chapter... The share option is not available always, either.
One Punch Mod
88018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/18/14

Zensunni wrote:

So far my favorites on MangaBox are:

...
- I was a Human - A short, sweet love science fiction romance.


Oh yeah. I forgot about that because it ended, and so I didn't see it when I browsed the latest "issue." It was a sweet little tale, and I liked it quite a bit even though I don't think of myself as the type who likes sweet little tales.

217288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/19/14 , edited 6/19/14

Zensunni wrote:

When you are reading it on the app, most of the time when you finish the most recent chapter there is the option to share and read the next chapter. I usually use twitter, but there are several options.

Of course, that means you just have to wait even longer to get to the next chapter... The share option is not available always, either.


Is this only available from iphone APP or is it also possible to use for laptop/desktop?
63505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 6/19/14

stark700 wrote:


Zensunni wrote:

When you are reading it on the app, most of the time when you finish the most recent chapter there is the option to share and read the next chapter. I usually use twitter, but there are several options.

Of course, that means you just have to wait even longer to get to the next chapter... The share option is not available always, either.


Is this only available from iphone APP or is it also possible to use for laptop/desktop?

I don't know if the "read ahead" works on the web. I usually read on my android phone or kindle fire tablet.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.