Post Reply Suggestion: Show Title Personalization
14012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/13
Show titles on crunchyroll are either in romaji, translated to English or a hybrid of both.

Romaji example:
Shugo Chara

English example:
Attack on Titan

Hybrid example:
Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)

I would like to see an option to set how show titles are displayed. If the show title cannot be displayed in your preferred option then use whatever show title format is available.

As crunchyroll continues to add more titles this feature would improve searches.
58680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Offline
Posted 12/7/13

coldchill80 wrote:

Show titles on crunchyroll are either in romaji, translated to English or a hybrid of both.

Romaji example:
Shugo Chara

English example:
Attack on Titan

Hybrid example:
Nagi no Asukara (Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea)

I would like to see an option to set how show titles are displayed. If the show title cannot be displayed in your preferred option then use whatever show title format is available.

As crunchyroll continues to add more titles this feature would improve searches.


Wow, those are some varied titles for what I'm assuming is the same show. Otherwise, your example doesn't make much sense.

In a bit more seriousness, a search for "shingeki no kyojin" brought up Attack on Titan, and there's no official English translation for Shugo Chara, so while it may sound like a good idea, I don't see an issue with the current setup, unless you can provide a better example where a user would have trouble finding a show with an alternate title.
14012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/7/13 , edited 12/7/13

eyeofpain wrote:
Wow, those are some varied titles for what I'm assuming is the same show. Otherwise, your example doesn't make much sense.

In a bit more seriousness, a search for "shingeki no kyojin" brought up Attack on Titan, and there's no official English translation for Shugo Chara, so while it may sound like a good idea, I don't see an issue with the current setup, unless you can provide a better example where a user would have trouble finding a show with an alternate title.

A search for "Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru" yields no video results.
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/7/13

coldchill80 wrote:

A search for "Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru" yields no video results.

To be fair, it also resulted in no hits at MAL.

Meanwhile "Yahari Ore no Seishun" did work at MAL, but not at CR.

Bjaker 
52773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 12/11/13


I'll pass this along, however the titles that we use on the site are what the publishers ask us to use.
You must be logged in to post.