First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply where is the PS vita crunchyroll app!
23130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/7/13
vita right now is loaded with good apps, but the one im looking for is not there yet!! i want my crunchy app on vita!
7793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/7/13
If you scroll to the bottom of the page ( drag the bar on the right side of your browser all the way down to the bottom of this page) you'll see that Crunchyroll isn't on 2 devices the Psvita and the Nintendo 3DS The reason I think is because those systems don't have the same sales numbers as over systems. and Crunchyroll staff is just generally lazy lol.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 12/11/13


It's coming!
9014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14
What are you talking about? The 3ds and Vita have way more sales than the X1 and the PS4. So your argument is invalid.
JaqenH 
15055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/8/14

Lichiking wrote:

vita right now is loaded with good apps, but the one im looking for is not there yet!! i want my crunchy app on vita!


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-811133/crunchyroll-app-coming-to-playstation-vita

Read that it answers your question
17221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / New York
Offline
Posted 1/24/14 , edited 1/24/14

Bjaker wrote:



It's coming!


You/they said this seven months ago, according to the link above. And for some reason I was fairly sure they 'announced' it even earlier than that, but the news articles have mysteriously disappeared.
Vegetable Support Manager
Bjaker 
37469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/25/14


I'm sorry it's not out yet?
I've played with the app. It'll be out when we're ready to launch it.

-B
8489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Riverside, CA
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Its just going to be another broken app like with the consoles and even the website version of CR is having issues that need fixed ASAP but CR refuses to even do that.
18096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/1/14

Bjaker wrote:


I'm sorry it's not out yet?
I've played with the app. It'll be out when we're ready to launch it.

-B


How much testing does a mere anime streaming app need?
The Wise Wizard
77961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/1/14

Nettacki01 wrote:

How much testing does a mere anime streaming app need?

Many people using the PS3 app would apparently answer, "More".

I gather getting updates pushed through for game console apps isn't nearly as easy as with other systems (and may even cost money), so CR probably wants to do their best to get this one right the first time.

17221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / New York
Offline
Posted 3/5/14 , edited 3/5/14

Bjaker wrote:



I'm sorry it's not out yet?
I've played with the app. It'll be out when we're ready to launch it.

-B


It isn't a matter of whether you've played with it, it is that it was announced and then dropped off the face of the planet, with no updates, no response to inquiries (this isn't the first thread on the matter), no anything. Add to that the problems with the existing PS3 and i-apps, and it is natural for us to assume it would never come out/was unreasonably delayed/shelved, since we were/are being left in the dark. Which, yes, is your prerogative, but isn't exactly the kind of thing one is looking forward to seeing.


TheAncientOne wrote:


Nettacki01 wrote:

How much testing does a mere anime streaming app need?

Many people using the PS3 app would apparently answer, "More".

I gather getting updates pushed through for game console apps isn't nearly as easy as with other systems (and may even cost money), so CR probably wants to do their best to get this one right the first time.



It does cost money (you have to have the LSD license for starters, unless you're not working 'indie'), but it isn't that much, and internal testing costs you absolutely nothing besides whatever you're paying to have the guy write the app (C#). And to be fair, if it isn't a game, you do have to jump through some hoops. That being said, I have to agree with your first statement, because the PS3 app is a routine piece of crap, so they want to get it in better shape comparatively before it goes out :P

However, it'd still be nice to have a notice or update every couple of months, at the least, to let us know they were even still working on it.
22744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Phoenix, Arizona
Offline
Posted 3/5/14
You guys have to understand that the VITA does not have flash or java support like the PS3 and PS4 has, most of the videos are ran in java or flash by Crunchyroll so its going to take some time to get it to work right as a web programer and developer I would love to see how they are doing it but sadly Crunchyroll isn’t going let me see the source code lol
The Wise Wizard
77961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/5/14

korosu_ wrote:

You guys have to understand that the VITA does not have flash or java support like the PS3 and PS4 has, most of the videos are ran in java or flash by Crunchyroll so its going to take some time to get it to work right as a web programer and developer I would love to see how they are doing it but sadly Crunchyroll isn’t going let me see the source code lol

I seriously doubt the console apps are using Java (even the website doesn't use it), and they certainly don't use Adobe Flash. Flash streams are only used for web browsers and at one time, the defunct Boxee Box app.

22744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Phoenix, Arizona
Offline
Posted 3/5/14


I never said the App was running on java all I was saying was that the PSVITA doesn't have all the Plug-ins like PS3 and PS4 have

PSVITA Specs - http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PS_Vita_Tech_Specs

PS3 Specs - http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/sony-playstation-3-60gb/4507-10109_7-31355103.html

And how Crunchyroll was going to work around it.

And yes Crunchyroll videos run in flash and if you don't believe me deleted your flash off your computer and see how that works for you.
The Wise Wizard
77961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 3/5/14 , edited 3/5/14

korosu_ wrote:

I never said the App was running on java all I was saying was that the PSVITA doesn't have all the Plug-ins like PS3 and PS4 have


korosu_ wrote:

You guys have to understand that the VITA does not have flash or java support like the PS3 and PS4 has, most of the videos are ran in java or flash by Crunchyroll so its going to take some time to get it to work right



korosu_ wrote:

And yes Crunchyroll videos run in flash and if you don't believe me deleted your flash off your computer and see how that works for you.

I stated the console apps certainly don't use Adobe Flash. I stated "Flash streams are only used for web browsers", so obviously I know it is required there. Did you even bother to read and comprehend my message before replying?

If for some silly reason you believe all CR video requires Flash, then please explain how it works on newer versions of Android that haven't had Flash side loaded, iOS, Apple TV, and Roku?

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.