First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
drift or not
1942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/22/08

Reaper_ed wrote:

Grip:
-less wear on the tires
-less time taken
-less skill needed
-less accidents

Drift:
-more time taken
-more wear on the tries
-expensive after a while
-more skill needed to control the car
-stupid deaths from amatures tryin 2 drift in the mountains cuz they think they can because they've dun it in the streets..

I think that drifting is gd but the damn amature who think they can drift dont make it look gd at all!
STICK 2 GRIP IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIFT!!


Pssh. Grip is not easier than drift as you say it is.

Grip:
Less tire wear: I give you that because that's technically true.

Less time taken: Well duh, shorter lap times is what grip is all about.

Less skill needed: I'm arguing with this one. There are alot of things to learn from grip racing. Most professional racers were started on kart racing when they were young because racing lines are very important. They take precise gas control to get through the corner the fastest without sacrificing grip and stability. It'd be harder for someone who is 22 to become a pro racer, or amateur racer than it is for him to become a pro drifter.

Less accidents: Most grip races (F1, Nascar, Le Mans), the cars are back to back and there's little room between each car. Accidents can happen anytime. Accidents happen in drifting normally from carelessness or they overcorrected their drift and it snaps back. Accidents happen in grip racing because they're too close or misjudge a turn.
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / (In) your Mitsubi...
Offline
Posted 4/22/08
Grip racing is not THAT easy - Not sure if anyone has tried it, but going through a 'steep' S curve is rather difficult while grippin ( Not saying it's easier drifting, but yeah ) you can easilly lose traction if you don't catch the line or slip into the grass and pow - cause damage. Yeah, not sure if drifting is BETTER, but gripping isn't the easiest thing in the world either. o-o;
515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/22/08

revolutionofone wrote:


Reaper_ed wrote:

Grip:
-less wear on the tires
-less time taken
-less skill needed
-less accidents

Drift:
-more time taken
-more wear on the tries
-expensive after a while
-more skill needed to control the car
-stupid deaths from amatures tryin 2 drift in the mountains cuz they think they can because they've dun it in the streets..

I think that drifting is gd but the damn amature who think they can drift dont make it look gd at all!
STICK 2 GRIP IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIFT!!


Pssh. Grip is not easier than drift as you say it is.

Grip:
Less tire wear: I give you that because that's technically true.

Less time taken: Well duh, shorter lap times is what grip is all about.

Less skill needed: I'm arguing with this one. There are alot of things to learn from grip racing. Most professional racers were started on kart racing when they were young because racing lines are very important. They take precise gas control to get through the corner the fastest without sacrificing grip and stability. It'd be harder for someone who is 22 to become a pro racer, or amateur racer than it is for him to become a pro drifter.

Less accidents: Most grip races (F1, Nascar, Le Mans), the cars are back to back and there's little room between each car. Accidents can happen anytime. Accidents happen in drifting normally from carelessness or they overcorrected their drift and it snaps back. Accidents happen in grip racing because they're too close or misjudge a turn.


well... drifting is having control in situations where you dont have control... i say drifting still has more keen to having accidents. the only reason why there are more accidents in grip races is because of the number of drivers. and i think he isnt talking about racing drifting nor grip racing more of the driving style itself
515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 4/22/08

KoukixNismo wrote:

Grip racing is not THAT easy - Not sure if anyone has tried it, but going through a 'steep' S curve is rather difficult while grippin ( Not saying it's easier drifting, but yeah ) you can easilly lose traction if you don't catch the line or slip into the grass and pow - cause damage. Yeah, not sure if drifting is BETTER, but gripping isn't the easiest thing in the world either. o-o;


well its harder to drift that steep s curve...
2755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Adelaide, Australia
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

revolutionofone wrote:


Reaper_ed wrote:

Grip:
-less wear on the tires
-less time taken
-less skill needed
-less accidents

Drift:
-more time taken
-more wear on the tries
-expensive after a while
-more skill needed to control the car
-stupid deaths from amatures tryin 2 drift in the mountains cuz they think they can because they've dun it in the streets..

I think that drifting is gd but the damn amature who think they can drift dont make it look gd at all!
STICK 2 GRIP IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIFT!!


Pssh. Grip is not easier than drift as you say it is.

Grip:
Less tire wear: I give you that because that's technically true.

Less time taken: Well duh, shorter lap times is what grip is all about.

Less skill needed: I'm arguing with this one. There are alot of things to learn from grip racing. Most professional racers were started on kart racing when they were young because racing lines are very important. They take precise gas control to get through the corner the fastest without sacrificing grip and stability. It'd be harder for someone who is 22 to become a pro racer, or amateur racer than it is for him to become a pro drifter.

Less accidents: Most grip races (F1, Nascar, Le Mans), the cars are back to back and there's little room between each car. Accidents can happen anytime. Accidents happen in drifting normally from carelessness or they overcorrected their drift and it snaps back. Accidents happen in grip racing because they're too close or misjudge a turn.



Well it is pretty obvious grip isnt easy in F1 or Le mans but i didn't say anything about the big leagues or professional drivers cuz your driving over 160mph..

i might agree that grip might need more skill in professional racing but i dont know about just basic amature racing and you also learn gas contol in drifting and how to enter a turn because entering a turn at the wrong time isnt good at all

everyone should know that drifing is for show but theres different ways to drift e.g
Braking Drift, Power-over drift, hand break drift or clutch kick


1942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

Reaper_ed wrote:


revolutionofone wrote:


Reaper_ed wrote:

Grip:
-less wear on the tires
-less time taken
-less skill needed
-less accidents

Drift:
-more time taken
-more wear on the tries
-expensive after a while
-more skill needed to control the car
-stupid deaths from amatures tryin 2 drift in the mountains cuz they think they can because they've dun it in the streets..

I think that drifting is gd but the damn amature who think they can drift dont make it look gd at all!
STICK 2 GRIP IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIFT!!


Pssh. Grip is not easier than drift as you say it is.

Grip:
Less tire wear: I give you that because that's technically true.

Less time taken: Well duh, shorter lap times is what grip is all about.

Less skill needed: I'm arguing with this one. There are alot of things to learn from grip racing. Most professional racers were started on kart racing when they were young because racing lines are very important. They take precise gas control to get through the corner the fastest without sacrificing grip and stability. It'd be harder for someone who is 22 to become a pro racer, or amateur racer than it is for him to become a pro drifter.

Less accidents: Most grip races (F1, Nascar, Le Mans), the cars are back to back and there's little room between each car. Accidents can happen anytime. Accidents happen in drifting normally from carelessness or they overcorrected their drift and it snaps back. Accidents happen in grip racing because they're too close or misjudge a turn.



Well it is pretty obvious grip isnt easy in F1 or Le mans but i didn't say anything about the big leagues or professional drivers cuz your driving over 160mph..

i might agree that grip might need more skill in professional racing but i dont know about just basic amature racing and you also learn gas contol in drifting and how to enter a turn because entering a turn at the wrong time isnt good at all

everyone should know that drifing is for show but theres different ways to drift e.g
Braking Drift, Power-over drift, hand break drift or clutch kick




You learn gas control in grip racing also. You push the car to the limits through corners, by finding the right amount of gas to give it in a corner, you've just found a faster way through the corner. Give it too much gas, you under/oversteer and you're losing time. Downshifting in grip racing is very important, moreso than drifting. Learning how to heel-toe is quite essential and not an easy thing to master.

Basic amateur racing is a preleague before professional. I don't see how it would be any different from professional. It may be amateur, but it's only a step down from pro.
Posted 4/23/08
Either way, its expensive to tune your car to race.
5352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

WanganGuy wrote:

Either way, its expensive to tune your car to race.


we should all keep our cars stock, cause it's cheaper.
96 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bay Area, CA, USA...
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
simple answer: drift is overrated
1164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / singapore
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
drift is so hard to do when you are in high speed!!!!
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
^^^ Anythings hard to do at high speed.
Posted 4/23/08

Kooru-sama wrote:

simple answer: drift is overrated


+1

Drifting was cool, at least to me, a couple years before it hit the US mainstream. I was into it 8 years ago by watching old Option videos on VHS. Hell, I got out of the whole import tuning scene as a whole. Now it's all about European cars and VIP, but that's a whole different discussion.
227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / By a computer, ne...
Offline
Posted 4/23/08
i thought drifting was cool, until tokyo drift came out, and out came alot wannabes.
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Nebraska
Offline
Posted 4/23/08

InertiaEffect wrote:

i thought drifting was cool, until tokyo drift came out, and out came alot wannabes.


Yeah I agree. After Tokyo Drift came out, came like a whole influx of drift imitators.
About a couple months after it premiered here, you could drive down the streets around here and see people trying to drift the corner at like nearly every turn.
Posted 4/24/08 , edited 4/24/08

pookie052606 wrote:


InertiaEffect wrote:

i thought drifting was cool, until tokyo drift came out, and out came alot wannabes.


Yeah I agree. After Tokyo Drift came out, came like a whole influx of drift imitators.
About a couple months after it premiered here, you could drive down the streets around here and see people trying to drift the corner at like nearly every turn.


People drive a 240sx like it's a common ghetto car now...Like a Honda Civic. Unless you know what you're doing, people won't make fun of you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.