Remove this ad
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply Noragami Anticipation & Discussion
20198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 3/4/14
You know i think the anime is going to branch off somewhere else. Because they introduced the character Rabo and he's not in the manga.

The next ep is going to cover part of volume 4 but from there i'm thinking it's going to go into different story unless they can work something out.
51293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14
You know as of February 2014 , there are 10 tankobon or 10 volumes so far and I am not sure how many chapters are there in each volume.

SkyDive47 , you have a point about them introducing Rabo . He was in the character design before the anime was released. According to wiki he is an original character design but he hold the power of Bishamonten's shinki introduced in volume 4. I wonder if they revised that character in the manga.

Volume 4-5 seem to focus on Beshamonten, Kazuya and then Hiyori .Its possible they are going to jump some chapters inorder to focus on Yato sama but I do hope they do not do a Blue Exorcist move, where the anime production writers made their own story rendering the manga useless.

Episode 10 is
"Regarded with Hate"
"Imu Beki Mono" (忌むべき者)
March 9
30275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14
Rabo is an anime-only character. I haven't read the manga but I assume they needed a climax to end the first season with and there wasn't one readily available from the manga. I doubt they'd risk disrupting the story's continuity.
51293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14
If this anime continues in the next season , then the story continues becuase winter in over in 3 weeks..

i wish I can read kanji and check their website but other than that we have no update.
30275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/4/14

iashakezula wrote:

If this anime continues in the next season , then the story continues becuase winter in over in 3 weeks

Unless I'm wrong Noragami is just 12 episodes + the OVA right now.

Although I hope it does well enough to be continued.
20198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14

iashakezula wrote:

You know as of February 2014 , there are 10 tankobon or 10 volumes so far and I am not sure how many chapters are there in each volume.

SkyDive47 , you have a point about them introducing Rabo . He was in the character design before the anime was released. According to wiki he is an original character design but he hold the power of Bishamonten's shinki introduced in volume 4. I wonder if they revised that character in the manga.

Volume 4-5 seem to focus on Beshamonten, Kazuya and then Hiyori .Its possible they are going to jump some chapters inorder to focus on Yato sama but I do hope they do not do a Blue Exorcist move, where the anime production writers made their own story rendering the manga useless.

Episode 10 is
"Regarded with Hate"
"Imu Beki Mono" (忌むべき者)
March 9





Insomnist wrote:


iashakezula wrote:

If this anime continues in the next season , then the story continues becuase winter in over in 3 weeks

Unless I'm wrong Noragami is just 12 episodes + the OVA right now.

Although I hope it does well enough to be continued.



I would like to see it continue as well but that would probalby be later you seem to be correct on the number of episodes. ( Does it have two OVA or one?)

And for the coming episodes i think they my have to change somethings unless they can fit Rabo in a time frame not told in the manga

30275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/4/14

skydive47 wrote:

( Does it have two OVA or one?)

Oh yeah, there's a second coming later in July. You're right.
20198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Online
Posted 3/4/14

Insomnist wrote:


skydive47 wrote:

( Does it have two OVA or one?)

Oh yeah, there's a second coming later in July. You're right.


I was actually asking ( I wasn't sure )

38736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Ok, I've been hearing good things about this from all the articles CR and a couple of other websites posts with polls and this show manages to top a few of them.

Having not read the manga, I've been thinking of giving it a marathon watch once it finishes though I may make the jump sooner so...

Give me a current rating you would give it.
51293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14
Rito2Ru...

Currently overall I would rate this a 9

This genre is also my favorite which would make me a bit biased but what I really like about this title that it has a good mix or balance of comedy. drama and action. The writting of the characters and story is well thought of. and there is depth .Animation is pretty good quality .

Character design is not bad either. I like the tunes and tract. The OP is pretty catchy and the lyrics ....actually fits this one.

Since you have not read the manga then it may not affect you but for those who do, we are curious as to what changes the anime production will do since there is an original character being introduced in the next episode or so.

But there are only 3 episodes left for this season

and episode 9 is somewhat a good stop or end of what has been happening in the past episodes
, and I feel episode 10 is a begining of another conflict in the story ....

..SO I would highly recommend that you start marathoning it
30275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 3/4/14 , edited 3/4/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Ok, I've been hearing good things about this from all the articles CR and a couple of other websites posts with polls and this show manages to top a few of them.

Having not read the manga, I've been thinking of giving it a marathon watch once it finishes though I may make the jump sooner so...

Give me a current rating you would give it.

8/10, definite watch (episode count: one 7/10, seven 8/10, one 9/10). Extremely consistent quality/delivery. Easily my second-best new show of the season behind World Conquest Zvezda Plot, only because I'm unduly fond of that show.

The OP for Noragami is also one of my favorites.
19911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 3/4/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Ok, I've been hearing good things about this from all the articles CR and a couple of other websites posts with polls and this show manages to top a few of them.

Having not read the manga, I've been thinking of giving it a marathon watch once it finishes though I may make the jump sooner so...

Give me a current rating you would give it.


I would give it an 8 also. Animation is gorgeous and it's entertaining. Plus, Supercell does the ending. Hop to it dude.
38736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Many thanks guys for the replies. So overall, very positive reception to the show.

I know what I'm doing this Spring Break
1564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Earth
Online
Posted 3/4/14
In case you need any more convincing to watch this, while I don't give numerical ratings, I rank it 2nd out of the 21 anime I'm watching this season.
29816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 3/9/14 , edited 3/9/14
Ep. 10

It's the new year, and a new enemy in the form of a god that can kill somebody if it is wished for, and Nora wants Hiyori dead, while Rabo is out for blood on Yato. And then, how did Hiyori suddenly forget who Yato is? Now that Yukine has been set straight, it's time to move onto something new, and it sure looks like it is going to be great. Things are getting ominous with what happened there at the end.
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.