First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Have you ever "Cut yourself" before?
23090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/9/13
Cutting is retarded and immature.
Posted 12/9/13

Strahfobiya wrote:

Yeah it was getting much worse because I knew I had to stop believing the delusion that I could conclude my anxious thoughts and make sense of them, because it was all in my head, and i did it so much I didn't know the difference between my head and everything around me... But I was obsessive in following them. And I felt really confused because I thought I was going to get better by doing it.


Can I ask, what measure were trying to construct to conclude the anxious thoughts and did you kind of put together some patterns to your thinking?
Posted 12/9/13

hularuns wrote:

Cutting is retarded and immature.


Just like your attitude?
Posted 12/9/13

hularuns wrote:

Cutting is retarded and immature.


Seeking escape when there is no visible way out (to you, at least) is not retarded or immature, but is it (cutting) a good choice? No, no it is not.
61737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 12/9/13

SuzumeAkihana wrote:


Assassinx89 wrote:

Are you stupid? Why the hell would you want to cut yourself intentionally. Hardcore masochists in this forum...damn.


No, I'm not stupid (going by what I've been told-especially since I take honor classes and plan on taking AP courses in school and on my own). Do you honestly think I enjoyed the pain? No, no I did not; I just wanted some sort of relief from what I was feeling and that was the only way out that I saw during those times.
Do I think it was a smart decision? No. I don't, but you know what, sometimes people do things that aren't smart. Not having a way out and being desperate for one is not stupidity, but it can be said that less violent actions would be better than the ones I carried out.




Homucifer wrote:


Assassinx89 wrote:

Are you stupid? Why the hell would you want to cut yourself intentionally. Hardcore masochists in this forum...damn.


If you say I am, I must be.


*gives cookie* You're far from it; He just needs to be more polite.


I personally didn't let it get to that myself and sought help for depression. Saved my college carreer although it has been difficult. I am glad you can see sense and honestly your reply is admirable. People do stupid things because they don't think first. Plus it is not a solution to cut yourself. I personally can't imagine ever intentionally doing anything to hurt myself. Plus i think it would hurt the people around me more if I did something so dangerous. Although im not afriad of pain or taking calculated risks.
Posted 12/9/13

Sornette wrote:


Strahfobiya wrote:

Yeah it was getting much worse because I knew I had to stop believing the delusion that I could conclude my anxious thoughts and make sense of them, because it was all in my head, and i did it so much I didn't know the difference between my head and everything around me... But I was obsessive in following them. And I felt really confused because I thought I was going to get better by doing it.


Can I ask, what measure were trying to construct to conclude the anxious thoughts and did you kind of put together some patterns to your thinking?


Nop, scattered thoughts, all of it was just anxiety, so much so I didn't even notice it. I didn't intentionally construct or put together anything, it just happened...

"In the context of OCD a rumination is actually a train of prolonged thinking about a question or theme that is undirected and unproductive." - "With most ruminations it inevitably never leads to a solution or satisfactory conclusion and the person appears to be deeply pre-occupied, very thoughtful, and detached"

I don't know if it's obsessive compulsive or not, since I haven't been diagnosed I can't say for certain but I can relate to that too, so it's not just anxious thoughts. I'm derailing this now.
Posted 12/9/13

Assassinx89 wrote:



I personally didn't let it get to that myself and sought help for depression. Saved my college carreer although it has been difficult. I am glad you can see sense and honestly your reply is admirable. People do stupid things because they don't think first. Plus it is not a solution to cut yourself. I personally can't imagine ever intentionally doing anything to hurt myself. Plus i think it would hurt the people around me more if I did something so dangerous. Although im not afriad of pain or taking calculated risks.


Thank you for your compliments and I understand. In some situations people may be scared to ask for help, don't think of it, or no one is willing to listen; Because of this, matters are taken into their own hands. To some, it is indeed a solution, however it's no better than medication (at least it isn't in my opinion after hearing of some of the possible side effects with her medication for her mental health and in some situations the lack of clearing up issues for real); It's actually a lot worse. Medication may be a gamble, but self harm is a lot riskier. Even the calculated risks could lead to one's end and with hurting others, I never thought it through.
I always wanted the relief or felt the need for a punishment, so I did it. There was no thought behind my actions and I agree, bad choices can be made within the lack of thought, but the same can happen with it.
Posted 12/9/13

Strahfobiya wrote:

Nop, scattered thoughts, all of it was just anxiety, so much so I didn't even notice it. I didn't intentionally construct or put together anything, it just happened...

"In the context of OCD a rumination is actually a train of prolonged thinking about a question or theme that is undirected and unproductive." - "With most ruminations it inevitably never leads to a solution or satisfactory conclusion and the person appears to be deeply pre-occupied, very thoughtful, and detached"

I don't know if it's obsessive compulsive or not, since I haven't been diagnosed I can't say for certain but I can relate to that too, so it's not just anxious thoughts. I'm derailing this now.


Ah my thought process exactly, I actually thought you might be OCD. Thanks for sharing man, much appreciated.
36600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 12/9/13
Nope I have never cut myself before (intentionally). Once about 10 years ago though I got really drunk and thought it would be a great idea to burn the imprint of George Washington onto my upper arm. Long story short I now have a perfect quarter size burn on my upper arm.
23090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/9/13


grow up, all you're doing is fishing for attention
Posted 12/9/13 , edited 12/9/13

hularuns wrote:



grow up, all you're doing is fishing for attention


Attention isn't always the motive for self harm.
Posted 12/9/13
Try not to ignite a argument or go too off-topic. You may get the thread locked if you do.
Posted 12/9/13

mystic17 wrote:

Try not to ignite a argument or go too off-topic. You may get the thread locked if you do.


Not my fault the guy is a clown.
Posted 12/9/13

mystic17 wrote:

Try not to ignite a argument or go too off-topic. You may get the thread locked if you do.


I know, but at the same time rude comments are hard to ignore.

Posted 12/9/13
True, but sometimes it is best to ignore or report the comment and move on than to reply back to him.
He probably posted that to get reactions out of people.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.