First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The Wind Rises
33154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14
I don't understand the comments regarding the romance in the film being "cliche"... Next thing you'd know, the same people would call the love story between my wife and I "cliche" and "silly" because well... It's an ordinary love story involving real people that perhaps they would roll their eyes over also because of its "sappiness" ...This movie, after all, is a story regarding real people. However, I found Jiro's love story quite extraordinary. I heard some people sniffing in the theater during sad scenes and I found myself kind of holding back some tears too because I felt they were very moving. Well, guess different people react to different things differently.

Afterwards, my wife asked me regarding the meaning behind the movie (she's not normally an anime watcher) and I told her that


For the most part the movie is quite sad, yet beautiful. A fitting work for Miyazaki's farewell from feature film making.
22264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ???
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14
This movie is really good, but the ending is kind of a meh to me.
22951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
Saw it this weekend. It's a great movie, although I find it ironic that Myazaki's last movie is the one most grounded in reality..
37090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

nanikore2 wrote:

I don't understand the comments regarding the romance in the film being "cliche"... Next thing you'd know, the same people would call the love story between my wife and I "cliche" and "silly" because well... It's an ordinary love story involving real people that perhaps they would roll their eyes over also because of its "sappiness" ...This movie, after all, is a story regarding real people. However, I found Jiro's love story quite extraordinary. I heard some people sniffing in the theater during sad scenes and I found myself kind of holding back some tears too because I felt they were very moving. Well, guess different people react to different things differently.

Afterwards, my wife asked me regarding the meaning behind the movie (she's not normally an anime watcher) and I told her that


For the most part the movie is quite sad, yet beautiful. A fitting work for Miyazaki's farewell from feature film making.


I was mainly referring to

33154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/4/14

pwnzorprod wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

I don't understand the comments regarding the romance in the film being "cliche"... Next thing you'd know, the same people would call the love story between my wife and I "cliche" and "silly" because well... It's an ordinary love story involving real people that perhaps they would roll their eyes over also because of its "sappiness" ...This movie, after all, is a story regarding real people. However, I found Jiro's love story quite extraordinary. I heard some people sniffing in the theater during sad scenes and I found myself kind of holding back some tears too because I felt they were very moving. Well, guess different people react to different things differently.

Afterwards, my wife asked me regarding the meaning behind the movie (she's not normally an anime watcher) and I told her that


For the most part the movie is quite sad, yet beautiful. A fitting work for Miyazaki's farewell from feature film making.


I was mainly referring to



Guess the whole reply has to be spoiler tagged...
14840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Just saw Castle in the Sky for the first time yesterday and it was amazing. Also, quite stunning for something made so long ago.

I can't wait to see The Wind Rises and I wish it had won an Oscar instead of Frozen
68940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
East Coast
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
I finally got to go see it this afternoon and really loved it. The animation and artwork was outstanding. The story line has lots of feeling and relationship going on along with the more mundane story line of building airplanes. Although the airplane part was about the genesis of the Zero aircraft it was obvious from the part about the Junker airplanes and the secret police that others were "using" his love of planes.

After the show I talked to a lady behind me in the theater and she loved it also, although her kids didn't. They were upset about the fate of the heroine. I guess that that indicates that there was too much reality.
25475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Spirited Away, thats a classic...
37090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/14

nanikore2 wrote:


Guess the whole reply has to be spoiler tagged...


Hmm, you know I think you're right. That scene makes more sense now. And now that I think about it some more

33154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 3/4/14

pwnzorprod wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


Guess the whole reply has to be spoiler tagged...


Hmm, you know I think you're right. That scene makes more sense now. And now that I think about it some more





Glad to have helped
5793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/22/15
Just watched it, and I very much enjoyed it. I really liked the mature story and how it was realistic. I could see kids getting bored, though.
31794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/22/15
If it interests you the real life story of Jiro Horikoshi is very interesting. Not so romanticized as was this fictional movie, but very interesting.
One Punch Mod
98288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
New Year cleaning--closing threads with no new posts since 2015.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.