First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
The anime you grew to love
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13

Felstalker wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

I have finished the ones I have hated...

There was no point in time for Berserk (as the example) where I grew to like it. It was a shit anime and people should really learn to like better anime. Not delving into the manga details if Berserk is good or not, but the anime only is bad.

In fact I am more of the type to grow to hate an anime, like that one (of which will not be mentioned).


I disagree with you on the bases of the English Dub and it's Blooper reel alone!

It took a while, but I eventually started to care for Rumbling Hearts/Nozodelf blahblah japanese name. Ooooh how i hated that Blue-haired bitch and Coma-bitch. And yes, those are the names by which you call the Heroines.
After a while(and the alternate ending OVA"s) I grew to not hate the series.

And Code Geass. I thought episode 1 was episode 6 when I first saw it, and was confused as all hell. Now I know episodes 1-2 of Code Geass are copies/homages to episodes 1-13 of Mobile Suit Gundam. Oh how confusing condensed content is.


What?
177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
Toradora.

The art style took some getting used to because I think Taiga is drawn sort of weird, but once I got used to that it was smooth sailing. It was sort of corny at first too, but meh. After the first few episodes it was smooth sailing.
19122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
Lucky Star
the first episode is fuckin murder, after a few mins i was ready to bash my head through a wall.
and the pace completely throws you of in the beginning. but once you get through that its a really fun and laid back show.
and that opening song is just so damn catchy
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
Lucky Star due to the First episode being more or less akin to a brutal horrendous murder. But after that it was great. Plus props to the catchy tune.

Gintama, though I was laughing pretty much from episode one. It's art style starts off meh... but does eventually get better.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 12/15/13


I find the English voice cast for Berserk far superior to the Japanese cast. The European setting also makes me think of this.

additionally, the Berserk dvd's released by Anime Works included a series blooper reesl. Hearing Griffith sing the Little Mermaids "Part of your World" while being tortured is among my most favorite anime moments. They're on Youtube if you're up to listen to them.

I mean, I could argue why the Anime works despite it's huge "Manga Preview" weakness. But I'm sure you've heard it from others. I'm just saying....blooper reel.

Maybe it's because I was raised on Jackie Chan movies, but Blooper Reels are the best shit ever.
11801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
Frankly, Baka and Test. I know it's old by todays standards but it grew on me, mind you, only the first season. Every bone in my body wanted me to hate it but i can't.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 12/15/13

Felstalker wrote:



I find the English voice cast for Berserk far superior to the Japanese cast. The European setting also makes me think of this.

additionally, the Berserk dvd's released by Anime Works included a series blooper reesl. Hearing Griffith sing the Little Mermaids "Part of your World" while being tortured is among my most favorite anime moments. They're on Youtube if you're up to listen to them.

I mean, I could argue why the Anime works despite it's huge "Manga Preview" weakness. But I'm sure you've heard it from others. I'm just saying....blooper reel.

Maybe it's because I was raised on Jackie Chan movies, but Blooper Reels are the best shit ever.


I don't disagree. I found Panty and Stocking VASTLY superior in the English cast. I believe it was the combination of the art work/style and the vulgarity of the English language with made it better than the Japanese.

So I do understand, but I probably won't watch Berserk in English any time soon though.
11408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
definitely gurren lagann, first anime i watched that had that kind of..cartoonish? Anime style, started watching it out of recommendations, love the show now
17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
For me it was a little knowen anime called Angel Heart it was the squeal to City Hunter and was great and just kind of stumbled on to it
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 12/16/13

AnimeKami wrote:

I don't disagree. I found Panty and Stocking VASTLY superior in the English cast. I believe it was the combination of the art work/style and the vulgarity of the English language with made it better than the Japanese.

So I do understand, but I probably won't watch Berserk in English any time soon though.


You don't need to. But the blooper reel I still suggest, it's frikin bloopers man. Did you not grow up on Jackie Chan or something?
1062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/16/13
Sword Art Online. My brother forced me to watch it and I thought it was cliché and boring until Asuna and Kirito got together, that made me pretty interested and now I'm a pretty big fan of it
14016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/16/13
Reborn!

Christ, did it take me a long freakin' time to get into it and past the first episode and beyond, but I'm so glad I did because now it's one of my favorites.

It's funny because I was so obsessed with Gokudera as a kid without really knowing anything about the series, but now I can officially say it's ruined my life after giving it the chance it deserved, aha.
5124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/16/13
for me it was panty and stocking. i disliked how simple the characters were and how predictable it was. i gave it up to episode 3 before i stopped but the more i thought about it i could not get it out of my head. this was shortly after i watched some more serious anime so p and s seemed to childish. but the more i thought of it the more i realised that i needed it because it was a nice break from all the serious bloody anime i was watching at the time. i am so glad i finished it and am genuinely sad that i will not get to see what happens after it ended.
28724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 12/16/13

colonelbrando wrote:

The hentai prince and the stony cat.


This! I watched half of the first episode and was like, "wtf is this." But the cute character designs drew me in and I gave it another chance. I really like it now.
Posted 12/16/13
ONE PIECE
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.