First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Why do they love/like or dislike/hate your favorite or least favorite?
20679 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/13
How did this turn from a general dislike/hate or love/like forum to a good vs bad AoT forum?
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/14/13

Not this kind of thread again.
Oooh but the third one reminds me of me!
And not saying this is the case for all but,
I do it because I want to make the SAO fans
angry and fume till they get banned.

It's amazing.
----

As for my fave being hated (for no reason at all),
when I talk to One Piece haters all they could pull
out of their asses is that the animation is crap
and that it has too many episodes. None of them
has even seen half the series yet they have the nerve
to judge the gift of God like they knew better than the fans themselves.
Like, gorl. You're an anime fan and yet
you say no to more fun and adventure?
Judging you.



O N E PIECE
by Oda Eiichiro




"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No.
When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
~Dr. Hiluluk

N  E  V  E  R    F  O  R  G  E  T
Join the official ONE PIECE group in CR
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/13




Interesting.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/14/13

BanditoRalf wrote:

How did this turn from a general dislike/hate or love/like forum to a good vs bad AoT forum?


I honestly have no clue.
13135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13



This is an interesting point of view and I'm genuinely curious about your thought patterns. You seem to be the perfect example of 1 (and obviously 3 :P)

Do you not find it completely contradictory to flame people for liking something then getting quite fiery passionate when people flame your favorite? Not hating on you, everyone has their thing. Just wondering why you choose to frustrate a certain fan base but can't fathom why some people don't like your show.
16322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Ljubljana, Slovenia
Offline
Posted 12/15/13

aidenraine wrote:



the reason I don't like it is BECAUSE there's a lack of character and story. the only characters who get ANY backstory or development at all are Armin, Mikasa, Eren, and Annie. out of all of them, the only one that goes through any growth is Armin. Eren stays the same typical shonen protagonist throughout. Mikasa stays a robot, and Annie stays a hardass. every other character is put in a nice tiny labeled box, and they stay there until they die. which happens to a lot of them. throughout 25 episodes, the story drags. there was ALMOST NO advancement in the plot. in 25 EPISODES. that is ridiculous.


This was basically my reaction to it. Although it was an entertaining series that had beautiful art, sound, and animation, nothing else about it stood out. A huge majority of the characters either went through little to no character development, and the ones that did generally reverted back to the way they used to be after a certain amount of time (ex: Eren trusting in his comrades despite his instincts during the forest mission, but eventually reverting back and losing control out of total anger). Also, as was said, there was literally no plot advance. The plot that was present in the actual 25 episodes was introduced halfway through, and then half-ended in the final episode. In addition (last complaint, I promise), they left no room for speculation. I generally like to think about things, so it made me want more substance. After emphasizing the key so much, you knew it had to do with the secret of the titans. After everyone except Annie joins the survey corps, and the female titan looks exactly like Annie, you knew it was Annie. The walls left a little room for speculation, but in these 25 episodes, they weren't an active part of the plot besides the fact that they were usually being broken down or fixed up.

To those of you that are annoyed at how part of this thread became a debate on Attack on Titan, I'm glad that it did, and that I'm taking part in it. Why? Because this is a prime example of example number 2. Multiple people are sharing their opinions on a series, while respecting each other, and not trampling over each other's views. I think that's great, and I encourage you to engage.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/15/13



And that is what makes her comment so "interesting".
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/15/13

Kelthos wrote:

This is an interesting point of view and I'm genuinely curious about your thought patterns. You seem to be the perfect example of 1 (and obviously 3 :P)

Do you not find it completely contradictory to flame people for liking something then getting quite fiery passionate when people flame your favorite? Not hating on you, everyone has their thing. Just wondering why you choose to frustrate a certain fan base but can't fathom why some people don't like your show.



I troll the SAO fanbase with derogatory insults about
the show that probably make no sense.
The reason for doing this is because they're
the fanbase equivalent to the music industry's Beliebers.
They're too fucking easy.

One Piece haters, however, while I welcome
constructive criticism like a normal, civilized person would,
these pests obviously haven't received much love
from their parents hence were raised so badly they
have to continue hating on the new Jesus, Oda Eiichiro.

There's a big difference.




O N E PIECE
by Oda Eiichiro




"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No.
When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
~Dr. Hiluluk

N  E  V  E  R    F  O  R  G  E  T
Join the official ONE PIECE group in CR
89186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / in your head
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
some people claim One Piece is fugly. I do not care
13135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13


I only started watching SAO about 2 months ago so I'm not entirely sure what the fan base is like.

That being said, I half thought you were hating on them just cause you have some raging hate against SAO and I did conclude that you were poorly trolling them, but y'know, I agree with you.

Fan boys/girls really do need to grow a pair when it comes to people criticizing their shows. Stop reacting to trolls. I won't defend haters by any means, I do think that it is unnecessary to flame/bash (whatever) but it will always be there. Along with that, I don't really understand why you feel the need to be mean regardless of how "easy" they are.

Well, no. I do understand it. I used to do it. You find it incredibly amusing and enjoyable to watch people squirm if they are not wise enough to spot the obvious troll. Am I right?

Despite that, you contradict yourself so badly with the whole One Piece thing. I personally like One Piece, so I won't say anything against it. But you are such a good example of #1. Please enlighten me, why do those that do not like One Piece have poor upbringings? I can't understand it. By that logic, if a SAO fan says the same thing, you are that same child that did not receive an adequate amount of love and you cannot deny it.
42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/15/13



Are you okay there?


2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
I have to say, it's nice to have a debate now and then when people give their reasons, but most of the time it just becomes a mess. 3 things especially get my blood boiling in these kinds of situations:

1) People who give superficial reasons for hating a show. There are obviously subjective points when it comes to judging an anime, but when it is on superficial things, it just sends a message that said person is very stuck-up!!

2) Assumptions. Too many people make too many assumptions about shows, and this can even make intelligent people come off as pretty silly sometimes.

3) Criticizing one element in a show, but praising it in another. Mind you, different shows execute things differently, but when the execution is virtually similar and there is such a large disparity in a person judging it, it just shows extreme ungrounded bias.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 12/15/13

Kelthos wrote:

I only started watching SAO about 2 months ago so I'm not entirely sure what the fan base is like.

That being said, I half thought you were hating on them just cause you have some raging hate against SAO and I did conclude that you were poorly trolling them, but y'know, I agree with you.

Fan boys/girls really do need to grow a pair when it comes to people criticizing their shows. Stop reacting to trolls. I won't defend haters by any means, I do think that it is unnecessary to flame/bash (whatever) but it will always be there. Along with that, I don't really understand why you feel the need to be mean regardless of how "easy" they are.

Well, no. I do understand it. I used to do it. You find it incredibly amusing and enjoyable to watch people squirm if they are not wise enough to spot the obvious troll. Am I right?

Despite that, you contradict yourself so badly with the whole One Piece thing. I personally like One Piece, so I won't say anything against it. But you are such a good example of #1. Please enlighten me, why do those that do not like One Piece have poor upbringings? I can't understand it. By that logic, if a SAO fan says the same thing, you are that same child that did not receive an adequate amount of love and you cannot deny it.


No normal person can hate One Piece.
That makes them haters abnormal.

There is a big difference between One Piece and Sword Trash.
One Piece is the new bible, Sword Trash is just your common trash.

It's as clear as day.



qualeshia3 wrote:

Are you okay there?



I'm doing okay, thank you for asking.
Are you?





O N E PIECE
by Oda Eiichiro




"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No.
When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
~Dr. Hiluluk

N  E  V  E  R    F  O  R  G  E  T
Join the official ONE PIECE group in CR


42275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/15/13


I'm fine.
27100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13

chrome_mist
There is a big difference between One Piece and Sword Trash.
One Piece is the new bible, Sword Trash is just your common trash.

It's as clear as day.


So you are a Troll, got it. You are also a blight on the Once Piece community and hard for people like me to get others to watch or read the series due to a lot of people in the fanbase praising it as the greatest thing since sliced bread, and in turn snubbing other series that people may like as inferior, hence turning away other potential fans. I love One Piece to death, and it is easily the best written of the "Big Three," but it is hardly the best thing ever, and I like One Piece AND SAO... so...

ANYWAY! I feel any type of reasonable debate is great, even if I don't agree with them. Debating likes and dislikes can be fun and good to understand different perspectives. For insntance, I think Attack on Titan is brilliant, however, when I see people bash it, I don't need to freak out about it, even if I find it incomprehensible. XD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.