Reborn Fans: Why Do You Like It?
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13
Having recently been hooked on Hunter X Hunter the last few months, and now currently out of episodes, I'm trying to find the next long term anime to really get hooked on. With HxH, I didn't like it at first, but understood that tons of people did. Once I got deeper into it, I understood why: It's insanely amazing and my new favorite anime.

So, this leads me to Reborn. It has great rankings, lots of people seem to love it. But, I'm having a difficult time getting in to it. Why is this anime so popular? Should I just hold out for some change in the series? Does it get better with time? I'm only on episode three right now. I'm looking for a long term anime that excites me like HxH does, does Reborn become anything like it? (As in, does it get as insane as the Yorknew City or Chimera Ant arcs?)
28100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 12/15/13 , edited 12/15/13

supasoggyrolle wrote:

Having recently been hooked on Hunter X Hunter the last few months, and now currently out of episodes, I'm trying to find the next long term anime to really get hooked on. With HxH, I didn't like it at first, but understood that tons of people did. Once I got deeper into it, I understood why: It's insanely amazing and my new favorite anime.

So, this leads me to Reborn. It has great rankings, lots of people seem to love it. But, I'm having a difficult time getting in to it. Why is this anime so popular? Should I just hold out for some change in the series? Does it get better with time? I'm only on episode three right now. I'm looking for a long term anime that excites me like HxH does, does Reborn become anything like it? (As in, does it get as insane as the Yorknew City or Chimera Ant arcs?)


The entire first part f the series is complete shit. Things DO indeed get a lot better after the completely stupid episodic "comedy" thing ends. Once Mukuro first shows up it gets better, and once Xanxus shows up the series goes on a huge role that is freaking awesome. Get through the Varia Arc, and you will also be hooked. Cause after that is the Future Arc... Ohhhhh that is some good stuff. XD

I have been where you are now. I almost dropped the manga because the first 50 chapters were awful. However, I hung in there since everyone around me said it gets better, and it sure did. It took me two weeks just to get through 50 chaps. After that, it took me two weeks to get through over 300. XD
29250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/15/13
Reborn does start off extremely slow, but you need to watch the early episodes because they give the background and show how the characters came to work together. I found Reborn to have interesting characters and some really epic battles. But the series does get a lot better and much more intense.
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 12/15/13

Orga777 wrote:


supasoggyrolle wrote:

Having recently been hooked on Hunter X Hunter the last few months, and now currently out of episodes, I'm trying to find the next long term anime to really get hooked on. With HxH, I didn't like it at first, but understood that tons of people did. Once I got deeper into it, I understood why: It's insanely amazing and my new favorite anime.

So, this leads me to Reborn. It has great rankings, lots of people seem to love it. But, I'm having a difficult time getting in to it. Why is this anime so popular? Should I just hold out for some change in the series? Does it get better with time? I'm only on episode three right now. I'm looking for a long term anime that excites me like HxH does, does Reborn become anything like it? (As in, does it get as insane as the Yorknew City or Chimera Ant arcs?)


The entire first part f the series is complete shit. Things DO indeed get a lot better after the completely stupid episodic "comedy" thing ends. Once Mukuro first shows up it gets better, and once Xanxus shows up the series goes on a huge role that is freaking awesome. Get through the Varia Arc, and you will also be hooked. Cause after that is the Future Arc... Ohhhhh that is some good stuff. XD

I have been where you are now. I almost dropped the manga because the first 50 chapters were awful. However, I hung in there since everyone around me said it gets better, and it sure did. It took me two weeks just to get through 50 chaps. After that, it took me two weeks to get through over 300. XD





scottie388 wrote:

Reborn does start off extremely slow, but you need to watch the early episodes because they give the background and show how the characters came to work together. I found Reborn to have interesting characters and some really epic battles. But the series does get a lot better and much more intense.



Thanks guys, this is what I needed to know. I don't think I would've been able to make it through this current stuff without knowing there was a payoff later on.
You must be logged in to post.