First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Anime(s) w/ a Great Start, but Bad Finish
31344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
Shin Sekai Yori. Started out as a pretty cool concept and then just degenerated into a bunch of pretentious self indulgent nonsense.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 12/17/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:

Berserk

/Thread


That's the thing. I was going to say Berserk as well, but whenever I think about it, it's not so true.

Berserk ends on it's Climax afterall, not right before it. So I don't get my resolution but I get as invested as I'll ever get during that last episode. Which I would say is a great ending.
And Berserks first episode is shit, again, UNTIL you've seen the last episode, which ties directly back to the first episode perfectly.

Hmmmm. for my proper answer....

.Hack/Roots.
Like, nothing is resolved, two people are in coma's, and our hero doesn't know what the hell he's going to do.
2209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
- Ergo Proxy
- SAO
- Blue Exorcist
Posted 12/17/13 , edited 12/17/13

Felstalker wrote:

That's the thing. I was going to say Berserk as well, but whenever I think about it, it's not so true.

Berserk ends on it's Climax afterall, not right before it. So I don't get my resolution but I get as invested as I'll ever get during that last episode. Which I would say is a great ending.
And Berserks first episode is shit, again, UNTIL you've seen the last episode, which ties directly back to the first episode perfectly.



i remember watching Berserk for the first time and i really love it until Griffith turned into a Villain, i lost my interest of this show.
the ending is horrifying and way worst than cliffhanger ending, i don`t care about Berserk anymore.

i won`t read Berserk manga because it`s way too many chapters and they added overused fantasy setting on the manga lol.
44058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
SAO, Guilty Crown, Oreimo, D. Greyman, Bleach, Blue Exorcist,, Soul Eater. All of those had awesome potential with their endings, with the exception of Oreimo. Oreimo just got soooo uncomfortably weird.......
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 12/17/13

Felstalker wrote:

.Hack/Roots.
Like, nothing is resolved, two people are in coma's, and our hero doesn't know what the hell he's going to do.


It helps if you play the game since .Hack//Roots is a prequel to .Hack//G.U.

Also,

*.Hack//Roots
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 12/17/13

Schmeh172 wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

.Hack/Roots.
Like, nothing is resolved, two people are in coma's, and our hero doesn't know what the hell he's going to do.


It helps if you play the game since .Hack//Roots is a prequel to .Hack//G.U.

Also,

*.Hack//Roots


I looked! I spent years looking for that game. I can get Volume 2 any time at any walmart, but 1? NO, nowhere to be found.

22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 12/17/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:


i remember watching Berserk for the first time and i really love it until Griffith turned into a Villain, i lost my interest of this show.
the ending is horrifying and way worst than cliffhanger ending, i don`t care about Berserk anymore.

i won`t read Berserk manga because it`s way too many chapters and they added overused fantasy setting on the manga lol.


It's a tragedy plot. Tragedy isn't "bad stuff happens" but specifically "A heroes downfall" Shakespeare has the most famous of examples in Macbeth.

And while I would have once recommended the manga, it's on hiatus STILL. IT'S BEEN A YEAR, AND THE ONLY NEWS THEY GAVE ME IS ANOTHER YEAR OF HIATUS AS THE AUTHOR WRITES A SHOUJO ROMANCE MANGA BECAUSE HE WANTS TO.

Overused fantasy? Baaah, Low Fantasy is the genre, and we don't see enough of'em.

Which reminds me. Anybody else remember "Familiar of Zero"? I never got past the first season of the anime, and since i saw it they've obtained 2 more seasons! Worst off, I hear it never got an ending, the last 2 volumes of the LN were never released BECAUSE THE AUTHOR DIED.

Nothing is worse than that. Game of Thrones and Berserk, my two low fantasy fixes....are very likely to end up like Familiar of Zero. I curse the cruel world.
16598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Belton, Mo
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
I would have to say Infinite Stratos, the second season doesnt seem to be going anywhere
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/13 , edited 12/17/13
Shakugan no Shana (third season)
Fate/Zero (depressing and hopeless)
Guilty Crown (contrived death for feelz)
Fullmetal Alchemist (the movie ending)

EDIT: I guess I misread the directions. Above anime have what I thought were actually bad endings, not just got worse after the first episode/first couple episodes.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
Stella C3

Mashiroiro Symphony (never forget, never forgive)
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 12/17/13 , edited 12/17/13

iblessall wrote:

Shakugan no Shana (third season)

Fate/Zero (depressing and hopeless)
Guilty Crown (contrived death for feelz)
Fullmetal Alchemist (the movie ending)

EDIT: I guess I misread the directions. Above anime have what I thought were actually bad endings, not just got worse after the first episode/first couple episodes.


Shakugan no Shana (the series) simply got worse over time. There's no denying that.

Other than that:
C - Control.
Dream Eater Merry.
Elfen Lied.
Kamisama Dolls.
Robotics;Notes.
School Days.
& Soul Eater
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/17/13

Haha I actually would deny the general nature of your statement. Up to the end of the second season, SnS was easily on pace to be my favorite anime of all time. Easily. But you have to land the plane, and the third season as a whole (which I count as the ending haha) didn't do that.
21600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
Oreimo and SAO
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 12/17/13
SAO
Stella C3-bu
Galilei Donna
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.