First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Magical Warfare Discussion
13319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South Africa
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
Haven't read the manga yet, so if anyone that has read.. can you just tell me if this will be filled with romance possibility or not.. Though 1st episode got a accidental kiss.. blond girl liking the MC and her getting jealous.
215229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

DeathyZA wrote:

Haven't read the manga yet, so if anyone that has read.. can you just tell me if this will be filled with romance possibility or not.. Though 1st episode got a accidental kiss.. blond girl liking the MC and her getting jealous.


Hard to tell right now. There's only like 2 chapters out and light novel only has a prologue. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not expecting strong romance in a show like this though. It reminds me of Shana Season 1.
13319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South Africa
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

stark700 wrote:


DeathyZA wrote:

Haven't read the manga yet, so if anyone that has read.. can you just tell me if this will be filled with romance possibility or not.. Though 1st episode got a accidental kiss.. blond girl liking the MC and her getting jealous.


Hard to tell right now. There's only like 2 chapters out and light novel only has a prologue. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm not expecting strong romance in a show like this though. It reminds me of Shana Season 1.


Yea just thought it would be romance/action kind of anime. Would be cool if it was, Since that genre is typically my favourite.

Also reminded me a bit of Shana Season 1, except this girl isn't tsundere like xD!
95162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
I liked it

Bit of a rushed start but episode 2 should start explaining things.

Kind of surprised at how easy it is to become a magician. One might think a Wizard supremacist group would just go on nutty recruitment drives at schools all over the world, unless there is some elitist bloodline crap to go along with it.

Our MC and his two friends are all Mudbloods I guess.


Giving a girl the power to transform her body however she wants and instantly she unconsciously goes for the bigger bustline
be curious to see what she dose with that power once she figures it out

22466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / arizona
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
Pretty good first episode but the animation bothered me a little. During the fight scenes and spell casting the animation was nice and fluid but outside of that it seemed a bit lacking. Now I am not sure if that is supposed to be intended or not but hopefully it smooths out in the upcoming episodes. I thought it was kind of funny how the MC was cool as a cucumber for that whole "girl shows up then gets chased by some magicians only to have a gun pointed at him then turned into a magician himself to then have to fight those magicians" situation
95162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
I'm thinking his attitude is

"I hate my life anyway so meh, lets just go with the flow."
28205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / USA
Online
Posted 1/9/14
I'll be watching to see how this one goes before I just start watching it.
Posted 1/9/14
Oh god, it`s like To aru Index all over again with FSN character clones.

and the main heroine sounds like Chiho from Hataraku Maou-sama.
28767 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
First episode was kinda half infodump and half, um. Generic highschool dude whose life is boring encounters gun-toting possibly brocon loli who gives him magic ninja kendo powers and his delinquent friend gets a fire fist and his girlfriend gets expando-boobs and then he and all his friends go to magic school in a desolate parallel universe and...no, stop the cliche speedboat, I'm getting seasick!

I guess there's not much to say about it yet, really, since this was just a somewhat hackneyed introduction episode. There are some bits of things that weren't completely boilerplate--the Shana substitute isn't a tsundere, and Generic Protagonist Guy wasn't the only person to suddenly get magic powers--so there's hope.
79737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
Interesting and a little silly in a few spots. I'm willing to give this another episode or two to see where it goes.
31040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
Bro needs to get him a real weapon not a bamboo stick even though he held his own. I wonder what the rules are for turning three regular people into magicians?
12390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
I agree on the animation. It was odd to see lacking animation outside of battle scenes, yet the battle scenes being so well animated. It was something i am not used to. As far as character development, i can't find anything interesting.
50983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Oakland, CA
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
I almost didn't even try to watch this, but was pleasantly surprised by it. Good start so far.
61493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
Enjoyable. Mui is great! (I think I may prefer the LN character designs though... http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/mahousensou/)
30329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/10/14

kotomikun wrote:

Generic highschool dude whose life is boring encounters gun-toting possibly brocon loli who gives him magic ninja kendo powers and his delinquent friend gets a fire fist and his girlfriend gets expando-boobs and then he and all his friends go to magic school in a desolate parallel universe and...no, stop the cliche speedboat, I'm getting seasick!


I demand this be the official CR description.

Eh not a bad first episode, but I'm removing from my already too full queue. Maybe I'll come back to it eventually.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.