First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What Japanese Drama are you currently watching?
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/21/16
Hapi Mari and Boku no Yabai Tsuma!
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/23/16
None, because CR rarely releases them.

CR needs to release more like Nodame, I'm Mita, Divorce Chase, Ghost Writer, etc.
1117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 8/1/16

pacificjade wrote:

None, because CR rarely releases them.

CR needs to release more like Nodame, I'm Mita, Divorce Chase, Ghost Writer, etc.


Well you're not alone, a lot of people on Dramafever have also complained about the lack of J-drama catalog. The same can be said about Viki, I mean look at their J-drama catalog and compared this to their Korean, Mainland Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas catalog. Viki has been getting more Mainland Chinese, and Korean dramas more then their J-dramas catalog. So yeah, this is very unfortunate for fans that want to watch J-dramas.

1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/1/16

mdo7 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:

None, because CR rarely releases them.

CR needs to release more like Nodame, I'm Mita, Divorce Chase, Ghost Writer, etc.


Well you're not alone, a lot of people on Dramafever have also complained about the lack of J-drama catalog. The same can be said about Viki, I mean look at their J-drama catalog and compared this to their Korean, Mainland Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas catalog. Viki has been getting more Mainland Chinese, and Korean dramas more then their J-dramas catalog. So yeah, this is very unfortunate for fans that want to watch J-dramas.



Yes.

CR literally has 1 new drama up, and its... *drum roll*... Ultraman. Whoop-die-doo.
1117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 8/1/16 , edited 8/2/16

pacificjade wrote:


mdo7 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:

None, because CR rarely releases them.

CR needs to release more like Nodame, I'm Mita, Divorce Chase, Ghost Writer, etc.


Well you're not alone, a lot of people on Dramafever have also complained about the lack of J-drama catalog. The same can be said about Viki, I mean look at their J-drama catalog and compared this to their Korean, Mainland Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas catalog. Viki has been getting more Mainland Chinese, and Korean dramas more then their J-dramas catalog. So yeah, this is very unfortunate for fans that want to watch J-dramas.



Yes.

CR literally has 1 new drama up, and its... *drum roll*... Ultraman. Whoop-die-doo.


I understand. I mean do you know 1 liter of tears? Despite being a classic J-dramas and was shown in most of East and Southeast Asia. I'm kinda surprised CR, Dramafever, nor Viki hasn't pick up this classic from Japan. I haven't seen this drama getting a Spanish dub to cash in on the K-dramas and Taiwanese dramas popularity in that area.

To be honest, I don't know why Japan is not cashing in on the drama fad that Taiwan and Mainland Chinese are doing following the K-drama popularity.

222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / all around the world
Offline
Posted 8/1/16
hapi mari
seisei suruhodo, aishiteru
Suki na Hito ga iru koto
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/2/16

mdo7 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:


mdo7 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:

None, because CR rarely releases them.

CR needs to release more like Nodame, I'm Mita, Divorce Chase, Ghost Writer, etc.


Well you're not alone, a lot of people on Dramafever have also complained about the lack of J-drama catalog. The same can be said about Viki, I mean look at their J-drama catalog and compared this to their Korean, Mainland Chinese, and Taiwanese dramas catalog. Viki has been getting more Mainland Chinese, and Korean dramas more then their J-dramas catalog. So yeah, this is very unfortunate for fans that want to watch J-dramas.



Yes.

CR literally has 1 new drama up, and its... *drum roll*... Ultraman. Whoop-die-doo.


I understand. I mean do you know 1 liter of tears? Despite being a classic J-dramas and was shown in most of East and Southeast Asia. I'm kinda surprised CR, Dramafever, nor Viki hasn't pick up this classic from Japan. I haven't seen this drama getting a Spanish dub to cash in on the K-dramas and Taiwanese dramas popularity in that area.

To be honest, I don't know why Japan is not cashing in on the drama fad that Taiwan and Mainland Chinese are doing following the K-drama popularity.



I agree. And more, CR released the 10 yr old Nodame. Wouldn't have been wise to release for a month the movies, so we could legally see how it all ends? That would make it seem, even though they are older shows, that CR cares about its drama viewership. Those of us that want to watch the legal way.
1117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 8/2/16 , edited 8/2/16

pacificjade wrote:
I agree. And more, CR released the 10 yr old Nodame. Wouldn't have been wise to release for a month the movies, so we could legally see how it all ends? That would make it seem, even though they are older shows, that CR cares about its drama viewership. Those of us that want to watch the legal way.


Yeah, well it's unfortunate that Japan isn't taking the TV drama market outside of Japan/Asia more seriously. Also, I was told that J-dramas are also losing their fansubbers due to lack of audiences for J-dramas, it seem like fansubbers for K-dramas are in demand (I also want to add that Japan's strict piracy laws are also making it harder to find J-dramas online). So that's why it's hard to find fansub J-dramas online. So yes, it kinda suck that people can't watch J-dramas.

The one thing that I find odd is that K-dramas fans don't seem to branch out to other Asian dramas (well, Taiwanese dramas are an exception however). I mean you need to look at this one from Onehallyu and this one from MAL's sister site. Now I can't explain why K-drama fans don't branch out to J-dramas yet they're able to branch out to Taiwanese dramas and slowly branching out to Mainland Chinese dramas. Do you have any idea why is that? Accessibility? or does J-dramas can't hold candle to their Korean, and Taiwanese counterpart in term of storyline/plot and/or something else?
222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / all around the world
Offline
Posted 8/2/16

mdo7 wrote:


pacificjade wrote:
I agree. And more, CR released the 10 yr old Nodame. Wouldn't have been wise to release for a month the movies, so we could legally see how it all ends? That would make it seem, even though they are older shows, that CR cares about its drama viewership. Those of us that want to watch the legal way.


Yeah, well it's unfortunate that Japan isn't taking the TV drama market outside of Japan/Asia more seriously. Also, I was told that J-dramas are also losing their fansubbers due to lack of audiences for J-dramas, it seem like fansubbers for K-dramas are in demand (I also want to add that Japan's strict piracy laws are also making it harder to find J-dramas online). So that's why it's hard to find fansub J-dramas online. So yes, it kinda suck that people can't watch J-dramas.

The one thing that I find odd is that K-dramas fans don't seem to branch out to other Asian dramas (well, Taiwanese dramas are an exception however). I mean you need to look at this one from Onehallyu and this one from MAL's sister site. Now I can't explain why K-drama fans don't branch out to J-dramas yet they're able to branch out to Taiwanese dramas and slowly branching out to Mainland Chinese dramas. Do you have any idea why is that? Accessibility? or does J-dramas can't hold candle to their Korean, and Taiwanese counterpart in term of storyline/plot and/or something else?


if u wanted, im gonna pm u link to watch jdrama with engsub
1117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Washington Metrop...
Offline
Posted 8/3/16

bluegill wrote:

if u wanted, im gonna pm u link to watch jdrama with engsub


You can. But I hope that website video quality is not low quality and doesn't have virus and spyware. I don't understand why Japanese content producer don't just cash in on the drama fad that K-dramas created, that really baffle me.

124727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/9/16
Currently watching Rich Man, Poor Woman.
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
First kiss in Tokyo
2568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/26/16
none.. i'm currently watching a Korean drama series

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.