First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Wake Up, Girls! Anticipation & Discussion
33728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/10/14
I notice they finally labeled the movie, as movie, instead of episode 1. Would have been nice to know earlier, but oh well. So far I don't really have a favorite yet. Have to watch a few more episodes, and see if one emerges.
Banned
18448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / toronto
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Love the anime
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Is this one like Tari Tari?
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Des85 wrote:

Is this one like Tari Tari?
No, Tari Tari was about school clubs and personal issues and relationships. This is about an idol group mostly. And not like LoveLive! which is more about a school idol club, this is about the formation of an actual idol group, Wake Up Girls.
Posted 1/11/14
I'll watch the movie first then. Thanks for the suggestions everybody
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
No, Tari Tari was about school clubs and personal issues and relationships. This is about an idol group mostly. And not like LoveLive! which is more about a school idol club, this is about the formation of an actual idol group, Wake Up Girls.

Yet another one about idols :/
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Des85 wrote:
...Yet another one about idols :/
I guess you didn't read the synopsis... It is a good show though, not your usual idol anime if you want to give it a shot. I am enjoying it though I love LoveLive! too.
61493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Champaign, IL
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14
So far this could be my favorite show of the season. If you look at their VA history, you will find that the girls playing the idols a) all have the same first name as their characters and b) have (practically) no voice acting experience. They appear to really be a new idol group or something... Does anybody know the story behind the casting? (Two of them have a single other VA credit, the other five only have Wake Up, Girls!)

I love the realistic look at the industry, including the hard time Mayu has as a result of her "retirement". That is rarely shown in an anime about idols. I read a manga that covered that territory (Octave) but it wasn't really about the idol industry, more about the former idol trying to piece together her life.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Zensunni wrote:

So far this could be my favorite show of the season. If you look at their VA history, you will find that the girls playing the idols a) all have the same first name as their characters and b) have (practically) no voice acting experience. They appear to really be a new idol group or something... Does anybody know the story behind the casting? (Two of them have a single other VA credit, the other five only have Wake Up, Girls!)...
They were brought in to make an idol group for the show. Casting calls, auditions, etc... art imitating life imitating art. I hope none of them had to wear a white bikini to get the part... I think there was a contest too.
Crunchyroll Store Manager
41984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
> w< I'm so glad people are watching this! I was watching this with lugiamania (sort of haha) last night and it was super cute! The song is super catchy too!

I watched [email protected] and didn't really connect to the characters too much (like I loved Ganaha but I wouldn't watch it again) but this one had real girls and were developed as such.

Hopefully they keep up this momentum for the whole show. >_>;;; You never know since they're only 1 episode in.....

72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

Loveless100 wrote:

> w< I'm so glad people are watching this! I was watching this with lugiamania (sort of haha) last night and it was super cute! The song is super catchy too!

I watched [email protected] and didn't really connect to the characters too much (like I loved Ganaha but I wouldn't watch it again) but this one had real girls and were developed as such.

Hopefully they keep up this momentum for the whole show. >_>;;; You never know since they're only 1 episode in.....
I sure hope you guys watched the movie first!

I love the song too! For those interested, the OP CD (7 girls war) and ED CD (Koto no ha aoba) will both be on sale the same day, February 26! Available as CD only or CD + DVD with music videos and non-credit anime versions.

The I+1 Club "Little Challenger" single comes out March 26, again in CD or CD + music video DVD (region 2).
Available at CDJapan and other fine online Japanese music stores:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_banner.html?key=700668166
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/14
I relate too much to this after watching the movie to drop it. Not exactly the forming an idol group part, but of pretty much all the components that lead into it.

They do it justice. Reminds me a bit of the stuff that happened with the Light Music Club in White Album 2.

Also, did anyone else think of Mana-chan from Miss Monochrome ran out with the money??
25142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/14
Some additional information for people. All of the girls are auditioned from the real Sendai, and some of them are orphans from the Tsunami+Earthquake in 2011. This is partially a project to help the economy of Sendai too.
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

Esclair wrote:
Some additional information for people. All of the girls are auditioned from the real Sendai, and some of them are orphans from the Tsunami+Earthquake in 2011. This is partially a project to help the economy of Sendai too.

That's actually really cool. Hopefully both the group in the show and in Sendai have success.
215051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 1/12/14

Esclair wrote:

Some additional information for people. All of the girls are auditioned from the real Sendai, and some of them are orphans from the Tsunami+Earthquake in 2011. This is partially a project to help the economy of Sendai too.


Ooh interesting to know. Thanks for sharing this!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.