First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Super Sonico The Animation Discussion
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
Ep 1

All I can remember is the swimsuit photo shoot scene and the manager scene. Everything else was just a blur lol



This show should've been 15 minutes per episode imo
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Ep 1

All I can remember is the swimsuit photo shoot scene and the manager scene. Everything else was just a blur lol



This show should've been 15 minutes per episode imo


It did seem to be a bit long for this type of show... but, it wasn't bad either, extra 10 mins of what I was expecting of Sonico plot won't bother me much. Though I am sure by half way through the season i'll be complaining cause its just dragging on.
56136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / NE
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
Her manager's mask is awesome, I wonder if people would take me more seriously at work if I wore one of those
Koda89 
33620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14
Well that wasn't what I was expecting. All I know about Sonico going into this was all of the fanservice heavy and erotic figures and fanart.

So I was expecting wall to wall ecchi. Sure there still is ecchi, but far less than I imagined there would be.

Love her manager. Got a couple of laughs. Definitely not a horrible show. Is it going to win any awards from me? Most likely not(right now my projected score for the series(as in if it more or less stats like this all season long) is a low 7/10)), but it isn't offensive and it is on Mondays where the only other thing airing with it on my queue is Yowamushi Pedal. So this is staying put.

That being said......are her headphones like physically fused to her skull or something? She sleeps in them, she wears them everywhere, she even wore them as a child!
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
I know this show is about the massive plot, but I liked Sonico's nicely shaped sub-plot better (butt) lol.

Also lol at the manager.
24025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
It was ok. I wasn't expecting much going in. The animation was done nicely and that manager was badass! I do think this series should be a bit shorter then average episode length since it's not a anime to really grip you in or expect to follow really strongly. I'll see what the next few episode's offer not sure if I'll be sticking with this one. Oh yeah at least it's worth watching for the plot nuff said
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

Koda89 wrote:

So I was expecting wall to wall ecchi. Sure there still is ecchi, but far less than I imagined there would be.



And even then really it wasn't all that "ecchi" i mean yeah there was obvious PLOT, and the swimsuit scene... but I didn't really think that was that Ecchi as much as... well what it was, the photographer guy was just taking advantage of the PLOT that was available. I mean... if we called EVERY swimsuit scene ecchi, a good portion of anime out there would be considered ecchi with its swimsuit episode.
11641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
watched half way though until the bikini scene then i dropped that shit right away
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


Koda89 wrote:

So I was expecting wall to wall ecchi. Sure there still is ecchi, but far less than I imagined there would be.



And even then really it wasn't all that "ecchi" i mean yeah there was obvious PLOT, and the swimsuit scene... but I didn't really think that was that Ecchi as much as... well what it was, the photographer guy was just taking advantage of the PLOT that was available. I mean... if we called EVERY swimsuit scene ecchi, a good portion of anime out there would be considered ecchi with its swimsuit episode.
We didn't even get to see the 'good' bathing suit?? WTF??? Honestly that was one of the least ecchi anime's around these days. Saki is more ecchi... and it's about mahjong... if there isn't going to be much fanservice then.. what will there be in Super Sonico The Animation? Late to school? Her band? I hope it gets better is all I can say.

Of all the shows I have watched this season this is the only one I'm thinking of dropping. And for all the wrong reasons... not enough fanservice! Just too funny...
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

hpulley wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:


Koda89 wrote:

So I was expecting wall to wall ecchi. Sure there still is ecchi, but far less than I imagined there would be.



And even then really it wasn't all that "ecchi" i mean yeah there was obvious PLOT, and the swimsuit scene... but I didn't really think that was that Ecchi as much as... well what it was, the photographer guy was just taking advantage of the PLOT that was available. I mean... if we called EVERY swimsuit scene ecchi, a good portion of anime out there would be considered ecchi with its swimsuit episode.
We didn't even get to see the 'good' bathing suit?? WTF??? Honestly that was one of the least ecchi anime's around these days. Saki is more ecchi... and it's about mahjong... if there isn't going to be much fanservice then.. what will there be in Super Sonico The Animation? Late to school? Her band? I hope it gets better is all I can say.

Of all the shows I have watched this season this is the only one I'm thinking of dropping. And for all the wrong reasons... not enough fanservice! Just too funny...


It is definitely a... different... reason to drop a show.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

Stonewolfe wrote:
...It is definitely a... different... reason to drop a show.
Well, there isn't a whole lot more reason to watch this show, is there? Other than PLOT? I was hoping the music would be great but it is also not the greatest out there. Her band better play a lot of insert songs is all I can say... or it will be one of the strangest drops I've ever done.
6236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Eikou Cram School
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14
Episode 1
Sonico is an airhead as expected.

Fanservice isn't even really fanservice considering how pure and innocent it is just like Sonico.It's more of a tease if anything else.

Kinda chuckled at the manager and the mask but that was about it.


81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 1/6/14

hpulley wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:
...It is definitely a... different... reason to drop a show.
Well, there isn't a whole lot more reason to watch this show, is there? Other than PLOT? I was hoping the music would be great but it is also not the greatest out there. Her band better play a lot of insert songs is all I can say... or it will be one of the strangest drops I've ever done.


Yeah when it comes to thinking of Super Sonico, it's music and PLOT, not a lot of anything else. So hopefully the music ramps up and... I can't believe I am saying this... the fanservice/ecchi PLOT ramps up as well.

I will say I am glad she isn't a high school girl and is a college girl, after she said she would be late to her college class I was like "Holy crap they made an Anime chick in college?!"

Though that has nothing really relevant to what we were saying...
3541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14
First Impression (Ep 1):

Not really my absolute favorite first episode of the season so far (because of the ecchi mostly), but I still found it somewhat enjoyable. At first I thought it was a short, but then realized it's not and instead a full length episode. Like everyone else here, I think this series would be better off as an anime short cuz' at a full length episode series, it feels like it will get dragged on with the same content and whatnot.

I'm not going to lie, though, Super Sonico is VERY cute and moe, which I don't necessarily have a problem with (.....I can be a sucker for cute things lol ^^") I also like how she is a little huskier and not super skinny like every single other anime girl >__>. Her enormously large breasts don't bother me that much because of this, I think her design works really well and it correctly proportional.

Anyways (lol), it was just okay with some great animation and music, so I'll continue to watch just to see is there will be some kind of plot twist or not.......yea.....you know, the plot of the series haha ^^" and dat manager with the monster mask XD!!!
12177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/14 , edited 1/6/14
Besides Sonico's PLOT (which I don't know how anybody could possibly dislike), I like the design of all the characters and look forward to their fair share of... fan-art.

(as well as the welcome additions to Sonico's already existing fan-art.)

I honestly don't even know what else to say, it's cute and funny and I LIKE IT.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.