First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What genre of music do you listen to?
7570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Vvardenfell
Offline
Posted 1/25/14
mostly post-glam speed folk
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/25/14

penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:

Question what is j-rock? is it from new jersey or something?


Japanese Rock, I think.


So Rock? or is it a particular sub genre or something, because while I was in Japan I never saw "Jrock" as a genre at record stores and stuff.


I think some people just say J-rock to let the other person know that they're talking about Rock from Japan, because if someone said J-Pop, then the other person wouldn't know which genre they're talking about, since pop stands for popular, and any artist/band that gets famous in japan is considered J-Pop, no matter the genre.
4155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/25/14 , edited 1/25/14

endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:

Question what is j-rock? is it from new jersey or something?


Japanese Rock, I think.


So Rock? or is it a particular sub genre or something, because while I was in Japan I never saw "Jrock" as a genre at record stores and stuff.


I think some people just say J-rock to let the other person know that they're talking about Rock from Japan, because if someone said J-Pop, then the other person wouldn't know which genre they're talking about, since pop stands for popular, and any artist/band that gets famous in japan is considered J-Pop, no matter the genre. :)
Your explanation makes sense but I still find the practice silly. You don't call Aerosmith A-Rock and the Beatles U-Rock.

Upon further research it seems J-Rock refers mainly to current/former Visual Kei bands.
5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/25/14

penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:

Question what is j-rock? is it from new jersey or something?


Japanese Rock, I think.


So Rock? or is it a particular sub genre or something, because while I was in Japan I never saw "Jrock" as a genre at record stores and stuff.


I think some people just say J-rock to let the other person know that they're talking about Rock from Japan, because if someone said J-Pop, then the other person wouldn't know which genre they're talking about, since pop stands for popular, and any artist/band that gets famous in japan is considered J-Pop, no matter the genre. :)
Your explanation makes sense but I still find the practice silly. You don't call Aerosmith A-Rock and the Beatles U-Rock.

Upon further research it seems J-Rock refers mainly to current/former Visual Kei bands.


I guess that's the real meaning to J-Rock, hu? Sorry if I confused you, then.
4155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/25/14

endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:

Question what is j-rock? is it from new jersey or something?


Japanese Rock, I think.


So Rock? or is it a particular sub genre or something, because while I was in Japan I never saw "Jrock" as a genre at record stores and stuff.


I think some people just say J-rock to let the other person know that they're talking about Rock from Japan, because if someone said J-Pop, then the other person wouldn't know which genre they're talking about, since pop stands for popular, and any artist/band that gets famous in japan is considered J-Pop, no matter the genre. :)
Your explanation makes sense but I still find the practice silly. You don't call Aerosmith A-Rock and the Beatles U-Rock.

Upon further research it seems J-Rock refers mainly to current/former Visual Kei bands.


I guess that's the real meaning to J-Rock, hu? Sorry if I confused you, then.
No I think you are right, I just think people only care about VK.

5654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/25/14

penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:


endallchaos wrote:


penguinthrasher wrote:

Question what is j-rock? is it from new jersey or something?


Japanese Rock, I think.


So Rock? or is it a particular sub genre or something, because while I was in Japan I never saw "Jrock" as a genre at record stores and stuff.


I think some people just say J-rock to let the other person know that they're talking about Rock from Japan, because if someone said J-Pop, then the other person wouldn't know which genre they're talking about, since pop stands for popular, and any artist/band that gets famous in japan is considered J-Pop, no matter the genre. :)
Your explanation makes sense but I still find the practice silly. You don't call Aerosmith A-Rock and the Beatles U-Rock.

Upon further research it seems J-Rock refers mainly to current/former Visual Kei bands.


I guess that's the real meaning to J-Rock, hu? Sorry if I confused you, then.
No I think you are right, I just think people only care about VK.



oh, okay. Yea, true.
2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
im all around but i mostly listen to JPOP, and techno i guess
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
Mostly Metal
mrya21 
4383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Ohio
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I'm pretty particular about individual songs but not genre. Generally speaking, though, I tend toward indie and rock and man do I love my oldies.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I listen to pretty much every genre of music.
23629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 1/29/14
Ani-song, J-Pop, Pop, Acoustics, Alternative
20410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Portland, OR
Offline
Posted 1/30/14
Primarily I listen to alot of Electronica, Dubstep, Trance. Other interest include anime, game and movie soundtracks, opera, and occasionally jazz, blues or some Nerdcore if the mood is right.
77 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / N.Ireland
Offline
Posted 2/5/14
Lot of differnt things but if I had to have a main genre of music id have to say Country music
9897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 2/5/14
Typically rock and some metal.
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
Djent. It's like the metal of the future
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.