First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
What genre of music do you listen to?
21039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 2/16/14
Finally, someone who likes Dubstep. I listen to all sub genres: Classic Dubstep (Rusko, Caspa) Prog. Dubstep (Skrillex, Nero, Flux Pavilion, Krewella) Hardcore: (Excision) Chillstep: (Blackmill). I also like all different types of electonic music, includung Euro-Techno, Hardstyle, Electro, House, Trance, Detroit Techno, Downtempo and Ambient.

I feel like with the current Dubstep/Electonic music, someone could really make a great AMV, and may be the next big thing.

Electonica has been taking over my life lately, so I try to balance things out with oldies folk. And props to the classical. No one will ever surpass J.S. Bach.
7235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
72 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/14
Generally I like anything that isn't country. I'm a huge fan of EDM, currently TRAP is my favorite EDM genre at the moment.
Posted 2/16/14
For me I listen to underground Rap jazz, techno, punk rock, alternative, skrillex, korn, metal limp bizkits, nicvkleback, linkin park, everscence
Posted 2/17/14

josiah_sarunn wrote:

Djent. It's like the metal of the future


You said the forbidden word!
48 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Under The Moon Of...
Offline
Posted 2/20/14
Drum 'n' Bass and other related to that, Post Hardcore,Rock,J-POP,
yeah many to mention I have a wide variety of music taste xD anyone who listens to Sleeping with sirens here?
21039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 2/20/14
Trap is good. Sometimes it makes me laugh, the potent sexism in the lyrics. I wonder if the genre makes fun of itself. Anyway, it's like fun, hardcore, party music.

I should be ashamed of myself for forgotting to mention Drum & Bass. Bassnectar is amazing. If you've heard of band Pendulum and don't like them, you'd be the first person I know.

Anyone listen to Post-Rock?: Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Russian Circles, Sigur Ros

I've been really getting into Dubstep Rap lately. They synergize really well. I also really like Smooth Jazz and Flamenco Guitar.
11214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/20/14
I listen to anything but country
but I listen to Rap the most
ArleyV 
6355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 2/21/14
all over the place musically; alternative/indie rock, punk/hardcore, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, electronic music. lately been consuming a lot more hip-hop, both commercial guilty pleasures like trap/drill music and quality alternative emcees, and electronic music, particularly deep house, techno, bass/post-dubstep/UK garage
21039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 2/21/14

ArleyV wrote:

all over the place musically; alternative/indie rock, punk/hardcore, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, electronic music. lately been consuming a lot more hip-hop, both commercial guilty pleasures like trap/drill music and quality alternative emcees, and electronic music, particularly deep house, techno, bass/post-dubstep/UK garage


Drill music?
1780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New york
Offline
Posted 2/21/14
I listen to everything i just mean everything unless of course i haven't stumbled on the genre before.
ArleyV 
6355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 2/21/14

infinitepotential wrote:


ArleyV wrote:

all over the place musically; alternative/indie rock, punk/hardcore, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, electronic music. lately been consuming a lot more hip-hop, both commercial guilty pleasures like trap/drill music and quality alternative emcees, and electronic music, particularly deep house, techno, bass/post-dubstep/UK garage


Drill music?


A Chicago-based trap-influenced variant. Think Chief Keef, Lil Reese, Lil Durk, Fredo Santana, GBE, or anything produced by Young Chop. as you mentioned earlier on trap, its hard to take it seriously (I seriously think without the backing production, its sucks quality-wise). yet the beat itself is fun and catchy to get crazy, so I hunt for the instrumentals whenever I can. quality Chicago hip-hop I do enjoy is Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa who basically do what I like to call slice of life hip-hop. and finally there's juke/footwork music which sort of grew out of ghetto house music with a hip-hop influence but at a drum & bass tempo. lately a lot of the post-dubstep/bass music scene in the UK has been embracing this sound bringing attention and seeing a musical exchange of juke/footwork with jungle/drum&bass due to the similarities. and also there's house music since it originated here (if this Chicago obsession isnt too obvious by now, yes am from the city)

Examples:

-Drill music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJhk7Z_usI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgA-wVkuZGo

-Chance the Rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gctf0n8b3F4

-Vic Mensa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLp7M5SMBkQ

-Juke/footwork music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUEPc4tFCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D_xwcNN3-w

-UK Bass/Post-Dubstep take on Juke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfiog1Ure4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyFHVFllcg

-Jungle/Drum&Bass + Juke/Footwork Fusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPecFEVst_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3A9Yj_96U
20049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/22/14
Hardcore Techno, Speedcore, Terrorcore, Frenchcore, Crossbreed, Happy Hardcore, J-Core, UK Hardcore, and Gabber
21039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago, IL
Offline
Posted 2/22/14

ArleyV wrote:


infinitepotential wrote:


ArleyV wrote:

all over the place musically; alternative/indie rock, punk/hardcore, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, electronic music. lately been consuming a lot more hip-hop, both commercial guilty pleasures like trap/drill music and quality alternative emcees, and electronic music, particularly deep house, techno, bass/post-dubstep/UK garage


Drill music?


A Chicago-based trap-influenced variant. Think Chief Keef, Lil Reese, Lil Durk, Fredo Santana, GBE, or anything produced by Young Chop. as you mentioned earlier on trap, its hard to take it seriously (I seriously think without the backing production, its sucks quality-wise). yet the beat itself is fun and catchy to get crazy, so I hunt for the instrumentals whenever I can. quality Chicago hip-hop I do enjoy is Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa who basically do what I like to call slice of life hip-hop. and finally there's juke/footwork music which sort of grew out of ghetto house music with a hip-hop influence but at a drum & bass tempo. lately a lot of the post-dubstep/bass music scene in the UK has been embracing this sound bringing attention and seeing a musical exchange of juke/footwork with jungle/drum&bass due to the similarities. and also there's house music since it originated here (if this Chicago obsession isnt too obvious by now, yes am from the city)

Examples:

-Drill music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJhk7Z_usI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgA-wVkuZGo

-Chance the Rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gctf0n8b3F4

-Vic Mensa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLp7M5SMBkQ

-Juke/footwork music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUEPc4tFCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D_xwcNN3-w

-UK Bass/Post-Dubstep take on Juke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfiog1Ure4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyFHVFllcg

-Jungle/Drum&Bass + Juke/Footwork Fusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPecFEVst_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3A9Yj_96U


I think I prefer the Instrumental Trap. Here is some of the Dubstep Rap I've been listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuqrBuH1Ic

Chance the Rapper was pretty good. Do you know any Juke/footwork albums? "I don't give a f**k" was really interesting. "Ghosts" was also pretty good. The videos for Chance and Romare were both brilliant.
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Grand Falls, NB
Offline
Posted 2/23/14
I listen to pretty much anything except country but I tend to prefer hard rock / metal
ArleyV 
6355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chicago, IL, USA
Offline
Posted 2/24/14

infinitepotential wrote:


ArleyV wrote:


infinitepotential wrote:


ArleyV wrote:

all over the place musically; alternative/indie rock, punk/hardcore, hip-hop, r&b, jazz, electronic music. lately been consuming a lot more hip-hop, both commercial guilty pleasures like trap/drill music and quality alternative emcees, and electronic music, particularly deep house, techno, bass/post-dubstep/UK garage


Drill music?


A Chicago-based trap-influenced variant. Think Chief Keef, Lil Reese, Lil Durk, Fredo Santana, GBE, or anything produced by Young Chop. as you mentioned earlier on trap, its hard to take it seriously (I seriously think without the backing production, its sucks quality-wise). yet the beat itself is fun and catchy to get crazy, so I hunt for the instrumentals whenever I can. quality Chicago hip-hop I do enjoy is Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa who basically do what I like to call slice of life hip-hop. and finally there's juke/footwork music which sort of grew out of ghetto house music with a hip-hop influence but at a drum & bass tempo. lately a lot of the post-dubstep/bass music scene in the UK has been embracing this sound bringing attention and seeing a musical exchange of juke/footwork with jungle/drum&bass due to the similarities. and also there's house music since it originated here (if this Chicago obsession isnt too obvious by now, yes am from the city)

Examples:

-Drill music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJhk7Z_usI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgA-wVkuZGo

-Chance the Rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gctf0n8b3F4

-Vic Mensa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLp7M5SMBkQ

-Juke/footwork music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUEPc4tFCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D_xwcNN3-w

-UK Bass/Post-Dubstep take on Juke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfiog1Ure4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyFHVFllcg

-Jungle/Drum&Bass + Juke/Footwork Fusion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPecFEVst_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-3A9Yj_96U


I think I prefer the Instrumental Trap. Here is some of the Dubstep Rap I've been listening to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuqrBuH1Ic

Chance the Rapper was pretty good. Do you know any Juke/footwork albums? "I don't give a f**k" was really interesting. "Ghosts" was also pretty good. The videos for Chance and Romare were both brilliant.


For the most part regarding juke/footwork music are mainly compilations on Planet Mu records like the Bang & Works ones. album and EP-wise look into DJ Rashad ( Teklife Volume 1 , Double Cup , I Don't Give A Fuck EP , and the Rollin EP ), DJ Spinn ( Man I Do It EP ), Traxman ( Da Mind of Traxman and Teklife Volume 3 ), and RP Boo ( Legacy ). For Chance the Rapper his breakout mixtape, Acid Rap , which can be found for free legally via any mixtape providers like DatPiff though I heard good things about his previous one ( 10 Days ). Back to juke/footwork music what really captivates me is not just the music, but also the dance battles associated with it:
http://youtu.be/I4lLTpMZdug?t=1m29s

To your video, not really feeling that much though it kind of reminds me of the work of dubstep originator Kode9's early work with Spaceape and to some extent grime music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YZKEcf0s3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwmUOJR-GwA
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.