First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Ever had someone call you a racial slur?
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not
Thanks a bunches.

Bonus Questions:

1. How would you deal with a racist person?

2. What are your views on racism?


Explain your situation in great detail.

3678 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Punville, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
1. "Well that's just your opinion man"

2. Since I wasn't around back when racism was in full force, and I don't live anywhere to actually experince a negative deal of it I don't have many views. It is annoying as hell online though.

I sat through a whole XboxLive party of someone just getting called out because someone came and said "Go back to Africa" as soon as the guy joined and said a simple "Hey". Since everyone including me was an Anon I couldn't do much so I took some bullets by saying I was 12 year old boy letting me get shot instead. They guy mailed me and said thanks a day later. It was a good day.
4215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13
I'm immune to racist slurs. They don't offend me.
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13

DesuMaiden wrote:

I'm immune to racist slurs. They don't offend me.


Did it happen or not regardless if it didn't bother you?
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13

RadioactiveSugar wrote:

1. "Well that's just your opinion man"

2. Since I wasn't around back when racism was in full force, and I don't live anywhere to actually experince a negative deal of it I don't have many views. It is annoying as hell online though.

I sat through a whole XboxLive party of someone just getting called out because someone came and said "Go back to Africa" as soon as the guy joined and said a simple "Hey". Since everyone including me was an Anon I couldn't do much so I took some bullets by saying I was 12 year old boy letting me get shot instead. They guy mailed me and said thanks a day later. It was a good day.



And all it took was a simple "Hey" to set off some bull crap from a jerk.
People were always interesting.
10051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13
Well I'd say it happen, but I don't really remember the situation. However I feel like it might have been 3yrs ago.

1) For me it was easy because I'm attractive(not inflated a ego, just a fact). Believe it or not that really does come into play when traveling and dealing with this issue. If you don't have looks you could always be self assured and not give two f*cks.

2) I feel it out there. People should be prepared and educate themselves to realize there will always be ignorance/prejudice out there no matter what. Well I guess that's a really simple take on it.
10051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I just realized I didn't say how I resolved the problem. Well when I was working one person asked me how it felt growing up mixed (mom Samoan dad black/white mostly white) then preceded to say why I wouldn't be accepted by either. Also how fat I should be and what have you(wow turns out I do remember). Anyway I proceeded to tell them exactly why I didn't give 2 f*cks what some ugly bumpkins had to say and when they get on my level they can talk to me. However those idiots being some good friends. You really my all kinds of idiots in the world:)
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13
Ever had someone call you a racial slur? I cannot remember.
How would you deal with a racist person? Gently apply palm to face, shake head, and walk away.
What are your views on racism? Beneath me.
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13

dankuuwut wrote:

Ever had someone call you a racial slur? I cannot remember.
How would you deal with a racist person? Gently apply palm to face, shake head, and walk away.
What are your views on racism? Beneath me.



I'd feel the same way about facepalm too.
6237 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
Seeing as I'm a white person in a country with a large white person majority... yeah, no.

It sickens me, though, that a lot of people are incredibly racist towards any non-white person here. The amount of racial slurs I hear thrown towards them around here is, to be blunt, absolutely fucking disgraceful.
10051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/13

MKH90 wrote:

Seeing as I'm a white person in a country with a large white person majority... yeah, no.

It sickens me, though, that a lot of people are incredibly racist towards any non-white person here. The amount of racial slurs I hear thrown towards them around here is, to be blunt, absolutely fucking disgraceful.


If a may. What country are you in? Those alway make the best places to travel too(not joking). You always end up meeting the best locals.
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13
been called a "chink" on the internet... it was hurtful but I ignored it...


I used to be really mad about racism, homophobia and other prejudices, but last two years I think I've found peace within myself and therefore what other people do or what this society does no longer affect me (if that makes sense).


(In real life, I think my sexuality has caused more controversy than my race, I've been called p**fter, f*ggot, and other derogatory gay terms, and of course I get saddened when people I don't know call me these things)


But I just think, the more I think about the issue the more it poisons my world, I just want to ignore all the negative issues in this world. I only aim to see the positive things and good thing about the world and people.


I want to achieve the mental state I had when I was a 10 year old child--happiness and tranquillity... void of any social issues and problems.
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13


He lives in Finland.
10051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/25/13 , edited 12/25/13


I meant to quote this "He lives in Finland".

Lol. Totally missed that. Finland never thought of going there, but I am going to Poland so maybe that will be good enough.

Honestly people just need to get out there and travel. I've noticed people who don't do a lot of traveling tend to be more closed minded than those that do.
42329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13


I meant to quote this "He lives in Finland".

Lol. Totally missed that. Finland never thought of going there, but I am going to Poland so maybe that will be good enough.

Honestly people just need to get out there and travel. I've noticed people who don't do a lot of traveling tend to be more closed minded than those that do.

Yes they do.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.