First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Contradicting Personality Traits
49918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/25/13
I can be a perfectionist at times, if an object isn't placed symmetrically in a room or there's litter on the floor, then I get really OCD about it. the contradicting trait would be, I am also a messy person... which is weird, right?

what I find is that, perfectionists don't usually become messy and messy people aren't usually perfectionistic, but I am both...


I'm interested in reading what contradicting traits other people have. and whether you think this is something that should be fixed or not?
Posted 12/25/13
I can claim to have a particular morality, then human error shows me what hypocrites people can be.
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I am a nice polite person. Then I make incredibly dark jokes concerning pedophilia, child abuse, rape and all that other stuff.
49918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/25/13

sevenhells wrote:

I can claim to have a particular morality, then human error shows me what hypocrites people can be.


That's because morality is taught to a person, it isn't something that a person is born with.

Furthermore, morality is subjective and fluid, which means that in different situations, people will act differently under different environmental and societal stress.





ZenZaku wrote:

I am a nice polite person. Then I make incredibly dark jokes concerning pedophilia, child abuse, rape and all that other stuff.


I personally don't think making jokes makes you a not nice person
36482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I dunno if it's a contradiction, exactly, but I'm particular about keeping everything neat and tidy. I often pick up trash off the street because it annoys me. However, I will let my desk get quite cluttered, and I go weeks without dusting. So... I guess it's just certain things that tick me off when it comes to cleanliness. Is this what you're talking about, OP?
Posted 12/25/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:


sevenhells wrote:

I can claim to have a particular morality, then human error shows me what hypocrites people can be.


That's because morality is taught to a person, it isn't something that a person is born with.

Furthermore, morality is subjective and fluid, which means that in different situations, people will act differently under different environmental and societal stress.





ZenZaku wrote:

I am a nice polite person. Then I make incredibly dark jokes concerning pedophilia, child abuse, rape and all that other stuff.


I personally don't think making jokes makes you a not nice person


Whereby they deviate from moralities before, making them hypocrites in order to adopt a new one, ultimately deviating from that one as well. Adaptive morality isn't morality. It's hypocrisy. Remain consistent or face the unmaking of your reputation.

That is all the more I will say.
7127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I tend to be extremely unempathetic towards real people, even those I know very well. But let me meet a few well-crafted anime characters, and suddenly they get more feelings from me than most ever could.
Posted 12/25/13
I'm the type who wants to be left alone but at the same time I really hate being lonely. Don't know if they're separate things, but still.
9955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Planet Mato
Offline
Posted 12/25/13

Aokidanza wrote:

I dunno if it's a contradiction, exactly, but I'm particular about keeping everything neat and tidy. I often pick up trash off the street because it annoys me. However, I will let my desk get quite cluttered, and I go weeks without dusting. So... I guess it's just certain things that tick me off when it comes to cleanliness. Is this what you're talking about, OP?


ooo i agree with you...at the mall these people left their napkins on the couches(wow) and i went up and threw them all away. and as i'm typing this my desk is extremely cluttered...
86 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I am a cold, heartless, bastard who can never cry at anything case and point Clannad didn't cry, Elfen Lied i laughed, no i'm dead serious i laughed at all the sad scenes, Angel Beats your kidding right?
1097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
I'm black but I find that I laugh mostly at racist black jokes. (Hope this doesn't offend anyone but if it does sorry :/ )
111416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
Our emotions often betray us. It may be regarding something big or small but you'll find out that most times your emotions conflict with what we are told to say, do or think by society, your parents, or anyone for that matter. Also, a typical person consists of many different hues of emotion and behavior, and the test is to obviously control those patterns so they don't hurt you or yourself, or simply so we don't drive ourselves crazy. I don't mean to always try and keep yourself in check from expressing your feelings but moreover reconciling the fact that we are made up of many different ingredients psychologically.
1459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 12/25/13
1. I have a pretty serene disposition, but when angry, my language is saltier than the sea.

2. I'm mostly noncompetitive... unless you can incense me into a debate.
49918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 12/26/13

Aokidanza wrote:

I dunno if it's a contradiction, exactly, but I'm particular about keeping everything neat and tidy. I often pick up trash off the street because it annoys me. However, I will let my desk get quite cluttered, and I go weeks without dusting. So... I guess it's just certain things that tick me off when it comes to cleanliness. Is this what you're talking about, OP?


Yeah, it's exactly what I'm talking about Yours is pretty similar to mine...

I tend to be really OCD about furniture and stuff like pens, post-its and pencils; I have to put them in a box.



Atheyon wrote:

I tend to be extremely unempathetic towards real people, even those I know very well. But let me meet a few well-crafted anime characters, and suddenly they get more feelings from me than most ever could.


Me too... but I think that's because we don't see the bad sides of anime characters... but we do see the bad side of real people a lot? Just my guess.


BakaDino wrote:

I'm the type who wants to be left alone but at the same time I really hate being lonely. Don't know if they're separate things, but still.


This is also my other contradicting trait.
I like being alone, but I also need people... it's really frustrating to think about.
926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Italy
Offline
Posted 12/26/13
i am by a lot
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.