First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
That favorite piece of clothing you just can't bring yourself to throw away.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

reapernight wrote:

a leather jacket my bro gave me



Has the jacket gotten to the point where its time to get a new one or not yet?!
17216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
This bright red flannel shirt that is so worn, that there are spots worn through the collar and cuffs and you can see the interfacing, and one arm is ripped through at the elbow because the fabric got so thin (so I have to wear a sweater over it). But I love flannel shirts.
9769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
Black-dyed rabbit fur that used to be a detachable lining for the collar of a cashmere and leather light jacket, which I got for my birthday when I was in tenth grade. I no longer have the rest of the jacket, because it was tarnished by blue paint and the cashmere sleeves became irreparably torn. The jacket met it's demise less than a year after I got it. I was careless. The fur was my favorite part, so I hold on to it. I pet it for comfort. That is, I pet it when the fur isn't buried in my closet.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

aeb0717 wrote:

Black-dyed rabbit fur that used to be a detachable lining for the collar of a cashmere and leather light jacket, which I got for my birthday when I was in tenth grade. I no longer have the rest of the jacket, because it was tarnished by blue paint and the cashmere sleeves became irreparably torn. The jacket met it's demise less than a year after I got it. I was careless. The fur was my favorite part, so I hold on to it. I pet it for comfort. That is, I pet it when the fur isn't buried in my closet.



I like how you typed "I pet it" for some reason...cute.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

TheCoolAlchemist wrote:

This bright red flannel shirt that is so worn, that there are spots worn through the collar and cuffs and you can see the interfacing, and one arm is ripped through at the elbow because the fabric got so thin (so I have to wear a sweater over it). But I love flannel shirts.



I'm probably one of those people never wore a flannel shirt...ever.
Posted 1/2/14
My blue dress with cute sunflowers on it. I adore it a lot, I could never get rid of it.
My red flannel shirt I red to bed is my favorite as well.
And my nightgown my sister gave me as a gift I could never throw away also.
4240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / LBC Cali
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
I love all sorts of beanies. I almost had a heart attack when I thought I lost one from my collection (a Naruto one)
22995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
My coat.

I've always hated coats growing up and got into some really odd arguments with my parents over NOT wanting them to buy me a coat for school. I can't explain why, I just never liked them and could never find one that worked for me...

...Until I found my 'every occasion business casual three quarter length cotton suit coat'. I wear it regardless of if I'm wearing a suit for work, or going out around town in my casual gear. It's 12 years old now, it's slightly too small, sort of inbetween regular and three quarter but I just won't stop wearing it and haven't found one I would consider replacing it for. Also our new-ish (3 years) dog is a Husky and they malt like crazy and it's a nightmare trying to get the dogs coat out of MY coat.

2129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / U.S
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
A black hat with cat ears on it.

it was something that someone who waspecial gave to me about 5-6 years ago. Though I don't talk with the person anymore, I was always in love with the hat and couldn't bring myself to throwing it out.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/3/14

DirEnGay wrote:

My coat.

I've always hated coats growing up and got into some really odd arguments with my parents over NOT wanting them to buy me a coat for school. I can't explain why, I just never liked them and could never find one that worked for me...

...Until I found my 'every occasion business casual three quarter length cotton suit coat'. I wear it regardless of if I'm wearing a suit for work, or going out around town in my casual gear. It's 12 years old now, it's slightly too small, sort of inbetween regular and three quarter but I just won't stop wearing it and haven't found one I would consider replacing it for. Also our new-ish (3 years) dog is a Husky and they malt like crazy and it's a nightmare trying to get the dogs coat out of MY coat.




Interesting comment. From hating coats to finding something worth wearing that can be consider a coat.
6284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bellingham, Washi...
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
I got this Bayern Munich jersey for my 13th birthday, and even though I'm 22 now, and the Climalite material is breaking down (which causes me to get hella BO when I sweat), it still fits despite me now being 6'3", and I still love it!
4071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In That Space Jus...
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
I had a pair of sleep pants that I had gotten before moving out of my parent's house, They were the most comfortable pants I had ever had. Unfortunately I tend sit on one leg which had caused one of the pant legs to become ripped and for a year there was a tear that went all the way up to the thigh and eventually the entire right pant leg ripped off but I still wore them everywhere, yes, even in public, but people kept telling me I looked ridiculous and that I shouldn't walk around with lounge pants that have one leg and I kept responding to them with my a simple line "but they're so dang comfortable." Eventually I gave in and decided that I can no longer walk around with a pair of lounge pants that only has one leg.
In other words, I cut up the other leg. and now I have the most comfortable shorts I ever had.
4071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In That Space Jus...
Offline
Posted 1/3/14

marigato wrote:

A black hat with cat ears on it.

it was something that someone who waspecial gave to me about 5-6 years ago. Though I don't talk with the person anymore, I was always in love with the hat and couldn't bring myself to throwing it out.


If you don't mind me asking does it kinda look like a beret that has sad kitty ears going down the back? Because I have one of those and I love it!
80227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / pergatory
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
I have a sweat shirt that I can not part with. It is old. Like 30 years old! When I was a teen, my friend Tom and I spent a week at the Jersey shore. One night it got unseasonably cold, so we went into a shirt store and we both bought the same sweatshirt. Long story short, Tom was murdered when we were about 20 years old. Every time I see that shirt it reminds me of him and the fun times we had together. God we were a couple of juvenile delinquent idiots! When I'm down I wear it. It is worn through in places, and the print is completely worn off, but it will never get tossed.
One Punch Mod
85871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/25/15
Year-end cleaning. Closing threads with no new posts since 2014.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.