First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
New, Fate/Stay Night PV by Ufotable
13102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/27/13
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 12/27/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:

Make sure this is Heaven`s route.


What this person said! Heavens Feel all the waaay.

I know Sakura ain't the most like Heroine, ranking about 5th of 3 Heroines.
But maybe thats because you have to replay the same game THREE DAMN TIMES to get to her story, AAAAAND she doesn't have an Anime or Movie for herself yet.

Sure going Saber is the easy way out, and Rin is never Dangerous....but we want something new here Ufotable, SOMETHING NEW AND REFRESHING AND MATCHING THE TONE SET BY FATE/ZERO. I'm sure they can do it if they set their minds to it.

You know, show us some backstory behind Shiro and Sakura, perhaps that archery thing they do/did. Maybe give us some more random interactions between the two, some fillers. Make us care, THEN BAMN, THE REAL MEAT OF THE SHOW HITS.

That's all we want, we know you can do it Ufotable....don't give us that Unlimited Blades junk, we want some real epic climaxes here.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 12/27/13
Oddly enough, I liked DEEN's Fate/stay night more than I liked ufotable's Fate/Zero. Ufotable's Fate/stay night better be freakin' amazing then.
684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / some where
Offline
Posted 12/27/13
Well it looks good
198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/27/13
Trace ON!

I got so damn excited when EMIYA starts playing
13319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / South Africa
Offline
Posted 12/27/13
Hopefully we don't get this:



29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 12/27/13

DeathyZA wrote:

Hopefully we don't get this:





I hope we do. That would be hilarious.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Online
Posted 12/27/13

TrueGoober wrote:


DeathyZA wrote:

Hopefully we don't get this:





I hope we do. That would be hilarious.


Hopefully we DO get it but in CORRECT context.

There's an old japanese saying "won't die even if killed" which basically talks about how concept of person's ideal and will can overcome boundaries of death in order to achieve one's goal. Majority of Japanese horror stories focus on it - a dead person coming back to carry out revenge and finish up the unfinished works.

In concept of the whole dialogue presented, shirou is saying that its foolish to think that. Life and the current situation is NOT some legend where you can ignore harm done to oneself. People DIE when they are killed. They do not magically come back. They can't persist just because they want to. No matter what you fight for, no matter how strongly you believe in it. If you are killed, you will die and that won't matter.

It also
26324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 12/27/13 , edited 12/27/13
i think if some body could do it right its definetly ufotable, i cant wait to see it
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 12/29/13

Kitanishi wrote:

Hopefully we DO get it but in CORRECT context.

There's an old japanese saying "won't die even if killed" which basically talks about how concept of person's ideal and will can overcome boundaries of death in order to achieve one's goal. Majority of Japanese horror stories focus on it - a dead person coming back to carry out revenge and finish up the unfinished works.

In concept of the whole dialogue presented, shirou is saying that its foolish to think that. Life and the current situation is NOT some legend where you can ignore harm done to oneself. People DIE when they are killed. They do not magically come back. They can't persist just because they want to. No matter what you fight for, no matter how strongly you believe in it. If you are killed, you will die and that won't matter.

It also


I came to a different conclusion in general.

Shirou, previous to that scene, has been killed 3-4 times.

He did not die in any of these scenes, thanks to the Magical OP Sheath of Excalibur, known by the name Mcgruffin.

In that scene, he gives Saber back Mcgruffin, and loses his ability to not die when he is killed.

He tells her, people die when they are killed, so he should also die if he, is in fact, killed.

What you say is true, but I like my literal interpretation of events.

I hope they don't have that scene, and instead go Heavens Feel. I want Sakura to be more important than background-bitch, her official place in every other Fate/animated media.

I mean, she was introduced properly in Fate/Zero, give us MORE damn it, finish the arc you started with her, as she's far more interesting than Saber this time around, Hell, you can do BOTH! Have Sabers failure in Zero result in her failure in Night, and further put Shirou in the spotlight to save everything.....come on, you can do it!
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Online
Posted 12/29/13 , edited 12/29/13

Felstalker wrote:


Kitanishi wrote:

Hopefully we DO get it but in CORRECT context.

There's an old japanese saying "won't die even if killed" which basically talks about how concept of person's ideal and will can overcome boundaries of death in order to achieve one's goal. Majority of Japanese horror stories focus on it - a dead person coming back to carry out revenge and finish up the unfinished works.

In concept of the whole dialogue presented, shirou is saying that its foolish to think that. Life and the current situation is NOT some legend where you can ignore harm done to oneself. People DIE when they are killed. They do not magically come back. They can't persist just because they want to. No matter what you fight for, no matter how strongly you believe in it. If you are killed, you will die and that won't matter.

It also


I came to a different conclusion in general.

Shirou, previous to that scene, has been killed 3-4 times.

He did not die in any of these scenes, thanks to the Magical OP Sheath of Excalibur, known by the name Mcgruffin.

In that scene, he gives Saber back Mcgruffin, and loses his ability to not die when he is killed.

He tells her, people die when they are killed, so he should also die if he, is in fact, killed.

What you say is true, but I like my literal interpretation of events.

I hope they don't have that scene, and instead go Heavens Feel. I want Sakura to be more important than background-bitch, her official place in every other Fate/animated media.

I mean, she was introduced properly in Fate/Zero, give us MORE damn it, finish the arc you started with her, as she's far more interesting than Saber this time around, Hell, you can do BOTH! Have Sabers failure in Zero result in her failure in Night, and further put Shirou in the spotlight to save everything.....come on, you can do it!



Both your interpretation and mine kind of go hand-in-hand though. Shirou is essentially giving away THE HAXXXX with a complete understanding on what it means for him.

As for HF, I am not sure it would work - HF is great for one reason - it has two other routes you play through before it. After getting to know the characters, learning how things work, getting attached to them, you can enjoy and actually comprehend the tone differences, the things characters give up, certain deaths, etc.

IF they just adapted HF right after F/0 it would be a huge mess, tbh:

Not to mention that without proper adaptations of other two routes, we will NEVER get adaptation of Hollow Ataraxia as it needs the other routes to make sense.

I'd rather they take their time and just adapt all three routes, season by season than just rush to HF destroying the momentum.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 12/29/13

Kitanishi wrote:



Oh, it WILL be difficult. Unlike Fate/Zero, they are adapting the original Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel. Artistic License will be invoked heavily.
Now, the first 2 routes have already been adapted by other companies, and Ufotable would be re-hashing old content back in viewers faces. It'll be like Rebuild Evangelion Movie 1 or Zeta Gundam New Translation 1 all over again. We don't need that, I couldn't sit through the unlimited Bladeworks movie without skipping the first 10 minutes.


Watching the original adaptations of the Fate/Franchise, I've seen a bunch of things. I don't want to see most of them again. I'll be honest and say I'm only partially through with the VN, probably a third through Fate, as i just started just before Christmas.

I want to see a story about Shirou and Sakura, and I believe this adaptation has the ability to tell this story WITHOUT stepping on the shoes of other characters. We know Saber, don't rehash her. We saw Gilgamesh, don't flaunt him again.

Fate's greatest reveals and twists depended on us not knowing/seeing Fate/Zero's story. It introduced a setting Fate/Zero has already done.
UBW's retells the story of Kiritsugu, and perhaps gives a more positive ending to the same choices. I believe that cheapens Fate/Zero and Shirou's character as a whole. Archer doesn't need to change, but Shirou does. UBW exists primarily to assist Heavens Feel and the impact HF makes on the viewer.
Heavens Feel provides a proper conclusion to all of the character's, Shirou, Sakura, Rin, and Saber.

Besides, who doesn't want to see more Dark Saber? Perhaps you feel Saber's character isn't served as well as it could be in Heavens Feel?

Sorry for the long response, I simply feel this is the better story option, and small things can be properly introduced, explained, or edited. They have the ability to make a good adaptation, and I feel Fate and UBW's are poor adaption choices by default. The setting has already been introduced, this can be a Fate/Zero sequel. Relationships are something often seen in Seinen anime, and god damn do they have a chance to go that route, please Ufotable do go that route and make me care!
16488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/13 , edited 12/29/13

Felstalker wrote:


Sorry for the long response, I simply feel this is the better story option, and small things can be properly introduced, explained, or edited. They have the ability to make a good adaptation, and I feel Fate and UBW's are poor adaption choices by default. The setting has already been introduced, this can be a Fate/Zero sequel. Relationships are something often seen in Seinen anime, and god damn do they have a chance to go that route, please Ufotable do go that route and make me care!


You actually bring up a couple of good points here and speaking from an anime only view your kinda right, but the point the other guy was trying to make is that HF had two routes of build up to it which greatly strengthened the impact of some of the scenes while others wouldn't make sense without them. Its one of the reasons why adapting a VN is usually so difficult, if you choose one route then your going to be missing elements that were exclusive to another route, if you try and stuff everything into a single anime your usually left with pacing issues and a disjointed plot.

The point he was trying to make is that changes would have to made to HF for it to make sense and have the same impact if they desired to go down that route and only do that route, while they wouldn't if they just adapted everything(which wouldn't meet too much complaint since most fans of the VN don't like the other adaptions too much).

However your absolutely right on one thing. Most of the anime community isn't going to be looking at it like Fate Zero is a prequel to Stay Night rather its going to be Stay Night is a sequel to Zero.... if that makes sense. So Stay Night should tie up several things in Zero rather than Zero merely serving as an extension of Stay Night.... even though that was the original intention. Everything would be tied up nicely if they adapted everything but that would take time and effort I'm not sure they have, on the other hand the other option would be to go straight up original... maybe focusing on a certain aspect of one route but otherwise original content. Sorry to say anime isn't exactly known to handle that kind of adaption well...
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/13 , edited 12/29/13
12232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/29/13
Pretty sure that it's a fake...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.