First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
New, Fate/Stay Night PV by Ufotable
17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 1/1/14

stark700 wrote:

I also can't wait to see Fate Kaleid 2's PV up soon, maybe next year though.


I agree I did hear season 2 is coming out in 2014 <fingers crossed>
I did like Kaleid more then the other 2 it had more of a funny feel to it

17871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 1/1/14

Insomnist wrote:

What's interesting is I think Shiro's reputation is almost as bad as Shinji's, albeit for different reasons. It might just be a state-side thing, but I wonder if they'll have any trouble selling him as a protagonist to a generation that's grown up making fun of him on the internet. Even just watching the PV, I kinda winced every time I saw him.

I haven't seen DEEN's Fate/Stay Night though, so maybe he's not that bad. His reputation isn't the best, though.


he was a little bland wasn't he? like toast without butter

22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 1/1/14

uncletim wrote:




He was more like Dungeons without Dragons!

He totally has a unique character, it's just the character they chose is more boring than Toast with or without butter, and he's also rather offensive.

I mean, how could anybody not catch the sexist undertones Shirou's actions constantly radiate?
I don't think Saber should fight.....so I'll take her out on a date and confess my feelings! That should get her to soften up! Just leave all the cooking, cleaning, fighting, and thinking to me! You just sit there and look pretty like you always do.

To be fair, Saber and Shirou's character were always in conflict, his actions were always called out for their stupidity and the entire love-plot was hinged on how much Shirou and Saber didn't agree on things, rather than either person being right or wrong.
1070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/14

Felstalker wrote:


uncletim wrote:




He was more like Dungeons without Dragons!

He totally has a unique character, it's just the character they chose is more boring than Toast with or without butter, and he's also rather offensive.

I mean, how could anybody not catch the sexist undertones Shirou's actions constantly radiate?
I don't think Saber should fight.....so I'll take her out on a date and confess my feelings! That should get her to soften up! Just leave all the cooking, cleaning, fighting, and thinking to me! You just sit there and look pretty like you always do.

To be fair, Saber and Shirou's character were always in conflict, his actions were always called out for their stupidity and the entire love-plot was hinged on how much Shirou and Saber didn't agree on things, rather than either person being right or wrong.

I know this is a little late to hear a reply to this post, but I've just got to say that the whole sexist thing would probably work very well for his character if the heavens feel route took place. Not to spoil anything, but in going down that route, having that kind of mentality only ends in disaster and watching Shirou hold these foolish ideals in probably the darkest route would be amazing, just because watching the story tear these ideals apart would be so amazing to watch. It's like Shinji in the evangelion movies, where every single thing seems to go out of his way to fuck him up both physically and mentally.

Shirou, while having his faults, is still a good character. It's just that the original anime only focused on the negative aspects of his personality rather than his good ones. In the original f/sn he looked like an idiot so full of shit that cheesy comic books could be written about him. As someone who's played through all three routes (each one literally taking as long as a skyrim playthrough to beat), I can see where the original anime failed, but at the same time, appreciate the work UFOTable did with Fate/Zero. With the new anime, I want to see Shirou properly represented.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/5/14
Looks alright, but on the other hand, most of the characters that I thought were great in Fate/Zero have little to no connection to F/SN, and most of the characters that I thought were mediocre do.

Might as well give it a try. It will most likely be average at worst.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 2/5/14

suijin228 wrote:

I know this is a little late to hear a reply to this post, but I've just got to say that the whole sexist thing would probably work very well for his character if the heavens feel route took place. Not to spoil anything, but in going down that route, having that kind of mentality only ends in disaster and watching Shirou hold these foolish ideals in probably the darkest route would be amazing, just because watching the story tear these ideals apart would be so amazing to watch. It's like Shinji in the evangelion movies, where every single thing seems to go out of his way to fuck him up both physically and mentally.

Shirou, while having his faults, is still a good character. It's just that the original anime only focused on the negative aspects of his personality rather than his good ones. In the original f/sn he looked like an idiot so full of shit that cheesy comic books could be written about him. As someone who's played through all three routes (each one literally taking as long as a skyrim playthrough to beat), I can see where the original anime failed, but at the same time, appreciate the work UFOTable did with Fate/Zero. With the new anime, I want to see Shirou properly represented.


No quote is too old to quote!

It's not out yet, but we're expecting more and more news every day now. What're you talking about with Shinji in the Evangelion movies? Like, EVERYTHING goes right for him in them. I swear, it's going to end with the Harem route. 3 Rei's and an Asuka all serving his every need. Now, in the original? Yeah....that was some heavy stuff.

I liked Shriou's character. He comes of the wrong way, but that's part of the intent. Fate/Zero had this "thing" with Saber. They knew she was popular, they knew she was awesome, and had some of the most amazing scenes ready for her.
They didn't shy away from her faults however. in Deen's adaptation, Saber seemed always vigilant and ready, where Shirou was aloof. Saber kept the same vigilance in Fate/Zero, but they played it negatively. She was a defiant pawn ready to spring all the traps so our Magus didn't get interrupted.

From what little I know of the Heaven's Feel route, the entire theme is "compromising your ideals for your desire" kinda thing. He can have that happy-Sexy time Visual Novel ending...but he's going to spend a lot earning it. I would like it in the same way I love Trigun. It's all about our Hero being forced to trade down, make a bad choice, choose one over the other, removing option C.
The situation should be out of his control, but not it's events. That's the kind of story I want. Shirou choosing X over Y is far stronger a story than "If Shirou chooses X he loses Y" kind of deal.
It's the same in the end, but the journey is where the meet is at.
1070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/14

Felstalker wrote:


suijin228 wrote:

I know this is a little late to hear a reply to this post, but I've just got to say that the whole sexist thing would probably work very well for his character if the heavens feel route took place. Not to spoil anything, but in going down that route, having that kind of mentality only ends in disaster and watching Shirou hold these foolish ideals in probably the darkest route would be amazing, just because watching the story tear these ideals apart would be so amazing to watch. It's like Shinji in the evangelion movies, where every single thing seems to go out of his way to fuck him up both physically and mentally.

Shirou, while having his faults, is still a good character. It's just that the original anime only focused on the negative aspects of his personality rather than his good ones. In the original f/sn he looked like an idiot so full of shit that cheesy comic books could be written about him. As someone who's played through all three routes (each one literally taking as long as a skyrim playthrough to beat), I can see where the original anime failed, but at the same time, appreciate the work UFOTable did with Fate/Zero. With the new anime, I want to see Shirou properly represented.


No quote is too old to quote!

It's not out yet, but we're expecting more and more news every day now. What're you talking about with Shinji in the Evangelion movies? Like, EVERYTHING goes right for him in them. I swear, it's going to end with the Harem route. 3 Rei's and an Asuka all serving his every need. Now, in the original? Yeah....that was some heavy stuff.

I liked Shriou's character. He comes of the wrong way, but that's part of the intent. Fate/Zero had this "thing" with Saber. They knew she was popular, they knew she was awesome, and had some of the most amazing scenes ready for her.
They didn't shy away from her faults however. in Deen's adaptation, Saber seemed always vigilant and ready, where Shirou was aloof. Saber kept the same vigilance in Fate/Zero, but they played it negatively. She was a defiant pawn ready to spring all the traps so our Magus didn't get interrupted.

From what little I know of the Heaven's Feel route, the entire theme is "compromising your ideals for your desire" kinda thing. He can have that happy-Sexy time Visual Novel ending...but he's going to spend a lot earning it. I would like it in the same way I love Trigun. It's all about our Hero being forced to trade down, make a bad choice, choose one over the other, removing option C.
The situation should be out of his control, but not it's events. That's the kind of story I want. Shirou choosing X over Y is far stronger a story than "If Shirou chooses X he loses Y" kind of deal.
It's the same in the end, but the journey is where the meet is at.


sorry, I meant the original Evangelion, the one where the company ran out of money and pretty much had to animate it by storyboard... THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

actually, for the heavens feel, while I won't spoil anything about it, let's just say that the end is NOT justified by the means. Even with the 'good' ending, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE got effed over. Since UFOTable likes to go with the normal ending, let's just say that if they go with HF route, then the journey is going to be long, hard, and at the end it might not even be worth it... Also, and this is a minor spoiler
27100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/14 , edited 2/5/14

suijin228
actually, for the heavens feel, while I won't spoil anything about it, let's just say that the end is NOT justified by the means. Even with the 'good' ending, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE got effed over. Since UFOTable likes to go with the normal ending, let's just say that if they go with HF route, then the journey is going to be long, hard, and at the end it might not even be worth it...


If they go with the True Ending Route from the VN (which they most certainly would) then I can't really agree with that...not fully, anyway. Definitely was a hard, arduous journey, but all things considered, it could have been a lot worse.... Like what happened in the Normal Ending... Overall the ending was pretty ideal after how much crap everyone went through up to that point... That route is totally F-ed up, though.
1070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/5/14

Orga777 wrote:


suijin228
actually, for the heavens feel, while I won't spoil anything about it, let's just say that the end is NOT justified by the means. Even with the 'good' ending, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE got effed over. Since UFOTable likes to go with the normal ending, let's just say that if they go with HF route, then the journey is going to be long, hard, and at the end it might not even be worth it...


If they go with the True Ending Route from the VN (which they most certainly would) then I can't really agree with that...not fully, anyway. Definitely was a hard, arduous journey, but all things considered, it could have been a lot worse.... Like what happened in the Normal Ending... Overall the ending was pretty ideal after how much crap everyone went through up to that point... That route is totally F-ed up, though.


Keep in mind I played the VN's first before seeing F/Z. To hear about sakura's treatment at home, the stuff that happened with shirou (after seeing him in the other routes), and seeing what happened to saber? In my opinion, everyone got messed up in that route, and while the normal ending was the worst, saying that the true ending was ideal is a bit lackluster, especially with the other two routes in mind.

Still, I pray for the HF route, just because I want to watch the falling of a hero. It's almost human nature to build someone up and then watch them fall. I've recently re-watched the original anime and the UBW movie, and seeing Shirou acting a bit... naive, it only makes me prey harder for the HF route.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.