First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Your very first anime that got you addicted to anime?
17388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Jersey
Online
Posted 12/30/13
Code Geass. The show that I still consider to be my favorite anime of all time.
19188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
shugo chara
39009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Somerset, Massach...
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
Space Battleship Yamato believe it or not (late seventies) and then Gatchaman. Fandom doesn't die, it just gets older. My kids are just as rabid as I am about the shows they love.
23069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
Before i started to religiously watch anime i would sit through bleach and naruto, i liked d.-grayman and full metal alchemist...but of off the shounens i watched it was freaking Toradora! that got me addicted
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
claymore
Posted 12/30/13

Tomoya8595 wrote:

Now and Then, Here and There on Toonami!


Oh my god, they showed that on Toonami???? I LOVE that anime. Such a classic, heartbreaking show.
12023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / World
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Childhood: Robotech

Then the anime bug laid dormant in my system for a decade till I peeped,

Akira and Ghost in the Shell (movie), at a after party following a rave.

Some cool candy kids there reco'd

Black Lagoon and GITS SAC.

And these 2 shows reawakened my love of the medium. Been hooked ever since.
15760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kalamazoo, MI
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13

puellapeanut wrote:


Tomoya8595 wrote:

Now and Then, Here and There on Toonami!


Oh my god, they showed that on Toonami???? I LOVE that anime. Such a classic, heartbreaking show.


Yup! It was back in 2008 I believe. And yeah the show is awesome ha. I should re-watch it. God that Hitler dictator guy was the worst haha. (Don't remember his name)

Posted 12/30/13
Dragon Ball Z and Naruto back before I knew what anime was. Then a couple of years ago I got into the show Bleach when I was really bored one Summer. Best decision ever.
So Bleach was technically my first anime addiction where I knew it was anime.
7010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Dragonball Z
2018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Neither here, nor...
Offline
Posted 12/30/13 , edited 12/30/13
Outlaw Star!!! DBZ as well
17010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
Akira and Vampire Hunter D on USA up all night during the 90's.
They also aired Heavy Metal A\and Robot Carnival all in a row.
The Wise Wizard
99877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

puellapeanut wrote:

Oh my god, they showed that on Toonami???? I LOVE that anime. Such a classic, heartbreaking show.


Tomoya8595 wrote:

Yup! It was back in 2008 I believe. And yeah the show is awesome ha. I should re-watch it. God that Hitler dictator guy was the worst haha. (Don't remember his name)

Hamdo was his name.

I believe you are remembering the wrong network. Now and Then, Here and There aired on Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday block. It originally premiered there in the summer of 2008, along with Gurren Lagann:
http://blogcritics.org/tv-review-gurren-lagann-and-now/

As I recall, that was not the only time they showed it before the block was discontinued. Apparently it was shown the following year at the same time Monster was being aired in the block.

15760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Kalamazoo, MI
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


puellapeanut wrote:

Oh my god, they showed that on Toonami???? I LOVE that anime. Such a classic, heartbreaking show.


Tomoya8595 wrote:

Yup! It was back in 2008 I believe. And yeah the show is awesome ha. I should re-watch it. God that Hitler dictator guy was the worst haha. (Don't remember his name)

Hamdo was his name.

I believe you are remembering the wrong network. Now and Then, Here and There aired on Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday block. It originally premiered there in the summer of 2008, along with Gurren Lagann:
http://blogcritics.org/tv-review-gurren-lagann-and-now/

As I recall, that was not the only time they showed it before the block was discontinued. Apparently it was shown the following year at the same time Monster was being aired in the block.



You're right that was it! I completely forgot they had that! AHHH What happened to Ani-Monday!?!?!

The Wise Wizard
99877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

Tomoya8595 wrote:

You're right that was it! I completely forgot they had that! AHHH What happened to Ani-Monday!?!?!

It moved to Tuesdays, then toward the end of the week (I think Thursdays), and then quietly disappeared around the time Sci-Fi became SyFy.

I had that block to thank for being able to see Gundam00, Gurren Lagann, and Monster, among others.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.