First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Make your Disliked Anime Better
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 12/28/13
After posting in the Ratings 1-10 thread and seeing everyone's different methods, I began to think about why i dislike certain anime. Is it the characters? The plot? Atmosphere? Decisions? For some there are many factors when deciding what you like about an anime. Anyway, there are some anime i rate low that i would make significant changes that would make me tolerate it. So what would you do to make your disliked anime better?

A common example for some (not me) would be: " If Makoto wasn't such a jerk, School Days could've been better."
I actually saw really good one about Infinite Stratos. Getting rid of Ichika and making it a yuri with Chifuyu the protagonist.

Mine would be for Bakemonogatari. If they got rid of irritating characters like the loli vampire, Araragi's sisters and Senjogahara (whatever the girlfriend's name is), stopped twisting their necks and zooming in awkwardly, it would be better for me. They could also stop forcing the black comedy and make it more subtle.

C^3...if they took out the incredibly forced "dark" parts of the series and made it a regular cute and comedic slice of life, it would be a lot better.

Please try not to spoil things for others, as in getting too far into the series focal points.
Also, if there is a thread similar to this, you can close it.

19177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

GoldTStar wrote:
A common example for some (not me) would be: " If Makoto wasn't such a jerk, School Days could've been better."
I actually saw really good one about Infinite Stratos. Getting rid of Ichika and making it a yuri with Chifuyu the protagonist.


I like that idea. It would be more of that first episode of the second season.
59348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

GoldTStar wrote:
If Makoto wasn't such a jerk, School Days could've been better.


And the VN allows you to do this, mercifully.

My choice for this topic is Beyond the Boundary, and, as I noted in the thread for said anime, the best thing they could have done for it is give it a full twenty-six episodes. That would have fixed its pacing issues and allowed its characters to grow in a more logical, less frenzied manner.
47269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

GoldTStar wrote:

After posting in the Ratings 1-10 thread and seeing everyone's different methods, I began to think about why i dislike certain anime. Is it the characters? The plot? Atmosphere? Decisions? For some there are many factors when deciding what you like about an anime. Anyway, there are some anime i rate low that i would make significant changes that would make me tolerate it. So what would you do to make your disliked anime better?

A common example for some (not me) would be: " If Makoto wasn't such a jerk, School Days could've been better."
I actually saw really good one about Infinite Stratos. Getting rid of Ichika and making it a yuri with Chifuyu the protagonist.

Mine would be for Bakemonogatari. If they got rid of irritating characters like the loli vampire, Araragi's sisters and Senjogahara (whatever the girlfriend's name is), stopped twisting their necks and zooming in awkwardly, it would be better for me. They could also stop forcing the black comedy and make it more subtle.

C^3...if they took out the incredibly forced "dark" parts of the series and made it a regular cute and comedic slice of life, it would be a lot better.

Please try not to spoil things for others, as in getting too far into the series focal points.
Also, if there is a thread similar to this, you can close it.




What about the girls in School's Days instead?
Posted 12/28/13
If CLANNAD wasn't overly Moe, didn't drag, wasn't over-dramatic, have characters whose personalities were based on "cuteness/kawaiiness", had a better plot, if Nagisa actually HAD a personality instead of being a Moe-blob, if the pacing was better...

Then I might have liked the series. Maybe.
Posted 12/28/13
naruto: completely remove naruto and sakura from the anime. replace naruto with a more mature protagonist who doesn't have friggin crayon lines on his face and replace sakura with a more capable, less useless heroin -.-
141035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CO, USA
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

Kaneyama wrote:

naruto: completely remove naruto and sakura from the anime. replace naruto with a more mature protagonist who doesn't have friggin crayon lines on his face and replace sakura with a more capable, less useless heroin -.-


And remove the 100+ episodes that are filler. This show gives ninjas everywhere a bad name. Naruto is the anime equivalent of Twilight for me.
63294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 12/28/13
Keep Airi as the main girl in Mashiroiro Symphony

Galilei Donna: Get rid of that particular evil organization plot and make the show about Hozuki being trapped in the past for a couple of episodes. She'll come to learn how her actions there influence the future. She'll then find out how to use the Tesoro to move between moments in time. She'll try to find a way to stop the energy crisis but at the same time realize that the Tesoro is limited in how many moments she can time travel.
Posted 12/28/13

ThundahKnuckles wrote:


Kaneyama wrote:

naruto: completely remove naruto and sakura from the anime. replace naruto with a more mature protagonist who doesn't have friggin crayon lines on his face and replace sakura with a more capable, less useless heroin -.-


And remove the 100+ episodes that are filler. This show gives ninjas everywhere a bad name. Naruto is the anime equivalent of Twilight for me.


okay that's one thing that ruins long animes for me. i really dont wanna watch one piece because of the fact that there is almost definitely filler episodes in that 500+ episodes it has -.-"
Posted 12/28/13
Sword art Online - make the series into 100 episodes, less fanservice with more action, Kirito musn`t turned into a Gary Sue, turned him into a Magic Knight instead, remove Asuna to prevent romance in the series, Add Asada Shinon with her equipment called Gunbuster Sword, the character design must be the artist from Valvrave, the OP theme song will be Rock/Rap for the lulz.

BlazBlue: Alter Memory - make the series into 50 episodes, less talking, more fighting, Platinum the Trinity needs more screen time, the animation will be done by ufotable, the OP theme song will be sounds like Darker than Black`s 1st OP theme song.

Love Lab - remove all the boys in this show, no weird hairstyles, i want all their hairstyles will be Hime-cut or twintails instead, all the characters must become lesbians for fun, the character design must be the artist of Yuru yuri.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - PLEASE REMOVE SORATA FOR GODDAM SAKE!!!! also remove the melodrama and make it into comedy slice of life.

that`s all.


15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:

BlazBlue: Alter Memory - make the series into 50 episodes, less talking, more fighting,Platinum the Trinity needs more screen time, the animation will be done by ufotable, the OP theme song will be sounds like Darker than Black`s 1st OP theme song.



addendum: more dialogue + clarifications
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 12/28/13 , edited 12/28/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:

Love Lab - remove all the boys in this show, no weird hairstyles, i want all their hairstyles will be Hime-cut or twintails instead, all the characters must become lesbians for fun, the character design must be the artist of Yuru yuri.


That sounds beautiful. Maybe i would have finished it if that were the case.

I also just finished Chrono Crusade and "more clarifications" would have worked wonders here...christ *haha*.
Posted 12/28/13

GoldTStar wrote:

That sounds beautiful. Maybe i would have finished it if that were the case.


I know, after watching all episodes of Love Lab, i feel disappointed because of Forced-drama.
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 12/28/13

Zeta-Nu wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

That sounds beautiful. Maybe i would have finished it if that were the case.


I know, after watching all episodes of Love Lab, i feel disappointed because of Forced-drama.


Oh wow, they actually brought drama into the show? I stopped at episode 7...
Posted 12/28/13

GoldTStar wrote:

Oh wow, they actually brought drama into the show? I stopped at episode 7...


Yup, the drama in Love Lab was cliche and poorly-written.

The best SOL is the one without drama (Except Key).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.