First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Kingdom season 3?
1265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

Felstalker wrote:


Bladez9 wrote:

This such a great show, i hope it does get a 3rd season. I don't know why the show is not more popular, it's so awesome.


Probably because of the horrible naming nonsense.

I mean, Kingdom...REALLY? Fucking REALLY?

I get Kingdom Hearts and Magi the Magical Kingdom when I search for it.

It just doesn't have the popularity to even show up on searches.

Don't get me started on Xin/Shin, Wang Yi/Ouh Ki, and every other Chinese/Japanese/English naming conventions that just MAKE NO SENSE FOR ANYTHING.

I don't even know if I'm the one saying Xin wrong or those Japanese people are. It's just confusing now.




I don't think it's confusing, in the anime they are using the Japanese versions of the names to make it easier for Japanese speaking people to get it and relate, Chinese has a much more complex vocalization system, unless they have someone fairly fluent in it on their team they'd probably be pronouncing it wrong since pitch and tone can change an entire word's meaning, not to mention Japanese has some very specific language aspects itself, such as every symbol representing a two letter sound- They basically change every word from another language into Japanese syllables (the reason they always add vowels after consonants in english loan words-otherwise they can't write it in katakana/hiragana/kanji).

They're not pronouncing the Chinese names, but our subtitles have the Chinese names so we can have a better idea who the characters are supposed to be from Chinese myth.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 3/13/14

Lithae wrote:

I don't think it's confusing, in the anime they are using the Japanese versions of the names to make it easier for Japanese speaking people to get it and relate, Chinese has a much more complex vocalization system, unless they have someone fairly fluent in it on their team they'd probably be pronouncing it wrong since pitch and tone can change an entire word's meaning, not to mention Japanese has some very specific language aspects itself, such as every symbol representing a two letter sound- They basically change every word from another language into Japanese syllables (the reason they always add vowels after consonants in english loan words-otherwise they can't write it in katakana/hiragana/kanji).

They're not pronouncing the Chinese names, but our subtitles have the Chinese names so we can have a better idea who the characters are supposed to be from Chinese myth.


It's confusing from a marketing standpoint. Since the characters have two spellings of the same name, it becomes difficult for fan's of the series. When I want to talk about Quaing Lei, I have to say Kyou Kai. Knowing just enough Chinese/Japanese to know the similarities between the names, and how we got to that point.

The Manga was forced to deal with this, as the Japanese writing system doesn't correspond with Chinese very well. If I remember right, they used Hiragana for the names, as opposed to non-existant or Unrecognizable Kanji.
Katakana is the Loan-word set, and I believe it's used for the name "Kingdom"

So they got an English name, Chinese Characters, and Japanese pronunciation. This is confusing to anybody trying to get into the show.

Chinese>Hiragana is CONFUSING. I even know Hiragana, and it's still Confusing!
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
I'm hoping it'll come out but hell the anime really deviate from history. Just so you kids know Zheng never really united China...


You remember seeing the episode where they say how lots of time a state would claim a place, but do nothing then they try to migrate 10000 people into like a new place. But you know that didn't do anything cuz say they migrate 10000 people into one place but there is already like 1000000 originally in that place.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 3/13/14

DeckardXLeah wrote:

I'm hoping it'll come out but hell the anime really deviate from history. Just so you kids know Zheng never really united China...


You remember seeing the episode where they say how lots of time a state would claim a place, but do nothing then they try to migrate 10000 people into like a new place. But you know that didn't do anything cuz say they migrate 10000 people into one place but there is already like 1000000 originally in that place.


Darn it man, I can barely understand the words that you're typing down!

Are you telling me Zheng of Qin, first Emperor of a United China, didn't unite all of China? He's rather famous for having done so, you'd think we'd know these things. I mean, maybe he had like, 95% of China...but when you're talking nations and politics, THAT IS ALL OF CHINA. Every one of the Ruling States were taken during Qin's war for unification.

That episode was near the end of Season 2, and it was more a political thing. The idea of taking land from the neigboring states was rather common...who doesn't war over borders?
The actual event changed the name of the taken City, and migrated around 10,000 people into the city. While that's a small ass number compared to a Million-person city, that's enough people to convince everyone "This area is mine, I put my shit here. Take it IF YOU DARE"
It's a political move. If 10,000 Americans moved to Japan RIGHT NOW with the intent to live there, yet still be American Citizens, Japan would be fucking pissed.
Back in Ancient China? This would be a slightly bigger deal, no?
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14

Felstalker wrote:


Darn it man, I can barely understand the words that you're typing down!

Are you telling me Zheng of Qin, first Emperor of a United China, didn't unite all of China? He's rather famous for having done so, you'd think we'd know these things. I mean, maybe he had like, 95% of China...but when you're talking nations and politics, THAT IS ALL OF CHINA. Every one of the Ruling States were taken during Qin's war for unification.

That episode was near the end of Season 2, and it was more a political thing. The idea of taking land from the neigboring states was rather common...who doesn't war over borders?
The actual event changed the name of the taken City, and migrated around 10,000 people into the city. While that's a small ass number compared to a Million-person city, that's enough people to convince everyone "This area is mine, I put my shit here. Take it IF YOU DARE"
It's a political move. If 10,000 Americans moved to Japan RIGHT NOW with the intent to live there, yet still be American Citizens, Japan would be fucking pissed.
Back in Ancient China? This would be a slightly bigger deal, no?





If you read a little bit about history you should understand that the seven warring states were never unified into one. I'm trying to emphasize that, Many anime and and Asian dramas you watch about The first emperor of "China" is really just all drama. Honestly I don't think the real "Qin Shi Huang"(Zheng) even believed that China was unified. After "Zheng" died. Xiang Yu don't just pull huge CHU state armies out of thin air.

But at the end Xiang Yu did not won... obviously did not won else we wouldn't had the Han dynasty. but in a nut shell China was never really United. like neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr until a much more modern era.



Edit: further more say this I bet you've played the game three dynasty? no? that's fine. You see even during/and after the Han dynasty there was crazy shit like the yellow turban rebellion. Or centuries after that there was North/South Song yes this was the time super man Yue Fei lived FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from united.


Even in the modern era, our last emperor was a dickhead and helped the Japanese how united is that?
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 3/13/14

DeckardXLeah wrote:


If you read a little bit about history you should understand that the seven warring states were never unified into one. I'm trying to emphasize that, Many anime and and Asian dramas you watch about The first emperor of "China" is really just all drama. Honestly I don't think the real "Qin Shi Huang"(Zheng) even believed that China was unified. After "Zheng" died. Xiang Yu don't just pull huge CHU state armies out of thin air.

But at the end Xiang Yu did not won... obviously did not won else we wouldn't had the Han dynasty. but in a nut shell China was never really United. like neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr until a much more modern era.



Edit: further more say this I bet you've played the game three dynasty? no? that's fine. You see even during/and after the Han dynasty there was crazy shit like the yellow turban rebellion. Or centuries after that there was North/South Song yes this was the time super man Yue Fei lived FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from united.


We might be going off topic.

Yeah, it was a really weak unification, and once Zheng was killed, they split up rather quickly. Similar to the whole Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great nonsense.

But regardless of how short or limited, The Qin dynasty was created upon forcibly taking control over the other six States. Wars and grudges still happened, for it's a big area, but they all fell under a single, if disjointed, government.

The Qin Dynasty lasted 15 Years, and Two-Thousand years later, we still know of it. That's quite the impact. Qin succeeded and set the precedent for future Dynasty's to follow.

Now, The Han Dynasty and the Yellow Turban Rebellion are extremely interesting and VERY influentual, but that doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the Qin.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14

Felstalker wrote:



We might be going off topic.

Yeah, it was a really weak unification, and once Zheng was killed, they split up rather quickly. Similar to the whole Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great nonsense.

But regardless of how short or limited, The Qin dynasty was created upon forcibly taking control over the other six States. Wars and grudges still happened, for it's a big area, but they all fell under a single, if disjointed, government.

The Qin Dynasty lasted 15 Years, and Two-Thousand years later, we still know of it. That's quite the impact. Qin succeeded and set the precedent for future Dynasty's to follow.

Now, The Han Dynasty and the Yellow Turban Rebellion are extremely interesting and VERY influentual, but that doesn't diminish the accomplishments of the Qin.




Yea we're going off topic anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang#Death This information is pretty accurate about the meteor thing and even most people knew he was obsessed with wanting to become immortal, but no one knew if he really died from eating these mercury pills. As I always thought sometimes Wiki is so full of shit when it comes to Chinese history

Just to let you know "Zheng" was not murdered/killed

Edit: like how did they knew it was something he ate? I sometimes think white boys wrote everything on Wiki


Also I like to point out that they didn't even really had a single government because that is impossible. As much as people believed it to be like a single government, but that's not how things worked back then. You can say it wasn't even a vassal state. and Son don't mean to be rude what the hell do you know about China? "twooo-thousand years later and we still know it?" know what look at HK today us HK folks not gonna say we're all chill with the mainlanders.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 3/14/14

DeckardXLeah wrote:

Yea we're going off topic anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang#Death This information is pretty accurate about the meteor thing and even most people knew he was obsessed with wanting to become immortal, but no one knew if he really died from eating these mercury pills. As I always thought sometimes Wiki is so full of shit when it comes to Chinese history

Just to let you know "Zheng" was not murdered/killed

Edit: like how did they knew it was something he ate? I sometimes think white boys wrote everything on Wiki


Also I like to point out that they didn't even really had a single government because that is impossible. As much as people believed it to be like a single government, but that's not how things worked back then. You can say it wasn't even a vassal state. and Son don't mean to be rude what the hell do you know about China? "twooo-thousand years later and we still know it?" know what look at HK today us HK folks not gonna say we're all chill with the mainlanders.


Baaaah It's about China still, right? For those out of the loop, Kingdom is based upon the State of Qin's War for Unification, in which Qin decided to take over the other 6 States and turn China into China. So we're arguing about whether this work of fiction, clearly inspired and not 100% accurate history assessment, is more or less correctish. We are silly people, arguing silly things. But it's fun, and it teaches me more about things!

I could throw the same argument at you! How can you say the Qin Dynasty, which ended back in 200ish BC, did not have a single solidified Government? To this day, information about a 15-Year empire exists, are you telling me it doesn't? China's current Government was established in 1911, now, perhaps you were 40 back in 1911 and remember the last Dynasty, but in case you havn't, I don't think you're qualified to ask me how I know about Qing Dynasty, let alone one as old as the Qin. lets just say we both have access to the same knowledge here, and are both as capable as can be expected in our information of a long long long dead empire.

in 15 Years, Qin made quite a few significant reforms. Standardizing both writing and currency is a really big thing!

The major one, and the entire focus of Kingdom, is the reformation of the Government. Once Qin took over the other 6 States, they instituted an Emperor and Dynasty system, which lasted until 1911. Since Qin was created back in 221 BC, lets say Qin's instituted government lasted a long ass time, in technical terms.

Remember, Qin's Dynasty ended on really poor terms, and one of the most famous events happened to be a book burning. Slandering the 'former' Qin Empire was probably a common thing during the early Han Dynasty. If Han said Qin never succeeded, and unifying China, and insisted they did it, who would disagree? Chinese Scholars were famous for painting their own Dynasties in a positive light, and bashing on the previous ones, it's just something they did.
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/14 , edited 3/14/14

Felstalker wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:

Yea we're going off topic anyway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang#Death This information is pretty accurate about the meteor thing and even most people knew he was obsessed with wanting to become immortal, but no one knew if he really died from eating these mercury pills. As I always thought sometimes Wiki is so full of shit when it comes to Chinese history

Just to let you know "Zheng" was not murdered/killed

Edit: like how did they knew it was something he ate? I sometimes think white boys wrote everything on Wiki


Also I like to point out that they didn't even really had a single government because that is impossible. As much as people believed it to be like a single government, but that's not how things worked back then. You can say it wasn't even a vassal state. and Son don't mean to be rude what the hell do you know about China? "twooo-thousand years later and we still know it?" know what look at HK today us HK folks not gonna say we're all chill with the mainlanders.


Baaaah It's about China still, right? For those out of the loop, Kingdom is based upon the State of Qin's War for Unification, in which Qin decided to take over the other 6 States and turn China into China. So we're arguing about whether this work of fiction, clearly inspired and not 100% accurate history assessment, is more or less correctish. We are silly people, arguing silly things. But it's fun, and it teaches me more about things!

I could throw the same argument at you! How can you say the Qin Dynasty, which ended back in 200ish BC, did not have a single solidified Government? To this day, information about a 15-Year empire exists, are you telling me it doesn't? China's current Government was established in 1911, now, perhaps you were 40 back in 1911 and remember the last Dynasty, but in case you havn't, I don't think you're qualified to ask me how I know about Qing Dynasty, let alone one as old as the Qin. lets just say we both have access to the same knowledge here, and are both as capable as can be expected in our information of a long long long dead empire.

in 15 Years, Qin made quite a few significant reforms. Standardizing both writing and currency is a really big thing!

The major one, and the entire focus of Kingdom, is the reformation of the Government. Once Qin took over the other 6 States, they instituted an Emperor and Dynasty system, which lasted until 1911. Since Qin was created back in 221 BC, lets say Qin's instituted government lasted a long ass time, in technical terms.

Remember, Qin's Dynasty ended on really poor terms, and one of the most famous events happened to be a book burning. Slandering the 'former' Qin Empire was probably a common thing during the early Han Dynasty. If Han said Qin never succeeded, and unifying China, and insisted they did it, who would disagree? Chinese Scholars were famous for painting their own Dynasties in a positive light, and bashing on the previous ones, it's just something they did.



So unified brosky

Yo check out what happened a week or so ago actually http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack and actually similar shit happened today as well, but hey we shouldn't talk about this kind of stuff especially on the internet. Do you play Starcraft you know the unit ghost well imagine getting your ass destroyed by super ghost cloaking unit.


Not just me everyone should be worrisome when speaking of such things now. After all see China do want people to believe we're all happy, and one collective mind. You know you make a great poster child for mainland China.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/14/14

Seeing this pop up on the first page more than five or so times, I decided to go watch the first episode of Kingdom.

And I couldn't get through the first episode. Not because it was bad. It seemed kind of interesting.

The animation style was really bugging me for some reason. The pseudo 3D animation. Like it was a video game.

I'm just not use to seeing anime look like that really.

I'm just wondering does it keep that up?

I mean, I'm 90% sure it does, cause why change the style you picked, but I'm just going to ask anyways.

And I'm not saying its bad, Im just not really use to it and it was distracting because of that.
22428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / shangri-la
Offline
Posted 3/15/14
Please be a third season!
Read the manga though, it's being scanlated at a super fast rate~

But to me, Kingdom is the one series where I actually prefer the anime over the manga. I love both, but they did such a good job with the animation for the second season, it really brought everything to life. Especially when your watching the battles and you have the background music and the voices... it's just all wonderfully put together!
22428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / shangri-la
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

Sacae89 wrote:


Seeing this pop up on the first page more than five or so times, I decided to go watch the first episode of Kingdom.

And I couldn't get through the first episode. Not because it was bad. It seemed kind of interesting.

The animation style was really bugging me for some reason. The pseudo 3D animation. Like it was a video game.

I'm just not use to seeing anime look like that really.

I'm just wondering does it keep that up?

I mean, I'm 90% sure it does, cause why change the style you picked, but I'm just going to ask anyways.

And I'm not saying its bad, Im just not really use to it and it was distracting because of that.


To be honest, it does. Well, the animation is pretty strange for the first season. Parts of it are 3D and parts aren't. So you'll see it switch back and fourth. It took me several tries to really get into Kingdom because the animation drove me nuts, but stick it out about 5 episodes and you won't be able to stop watching. It's just that good!

And then the second season has really beautiful top notch animation so it's worth it!
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

kaleidostarr wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Seeing this pop up on the first page more than five or so times, I decided to go watch the first episode of Kingdom.

And I couldn't get through the first episode. Not because it was bad. It seemed kind of interesting.

The animation style was really bugging me for some reason. The pseudo 3D animation. Like it was a video game.

I'm just not use to seeing anime look like that really.

I'm just wondering does it keep that up?

I mean, I'm 90% sure it does, cause why change the style you picked, but I'm just going to ask anyways.

And I'm not saying its bad, Im just not really use to it and it was distracting because of that.


To be honest, it does. Well, the animation is pretty strange for the first season. Parts of it are 3D and parts aren't. So you'll see it switch back and fourth. It took me several tries to really get into Kingdom because the animation drove me nuts, but stick it out about 5 episodes and you won't be able to stop watching. It's just that good!

And then the second season has really beautiful top notch animation so it's worth it!


So it stops the strange 3d bits in the second season?
22428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / shangri-la
Offline
Posted 3/15/14 , edited 3/15/14

Sacae89 wrote:


kaleidostarr wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Seeing this pop up on the first page more than five or so times, I decided to go watch the first episode of Kingdom.

And I couldn't get through the first episode. Not because it was bad. It seemed kind of interesting.

The animation style was really bugging me for some reason. The pseudo 3D animation. Like it was a video game.

I'm just not use to seeing anime look like that really.

I'm just wondering does it keep that up?

I mean, I'm 90% sure it does, cause why change the style you picked, but I'm just going to ask anyways.

And I'm not saying its bad, Im just not really use to it and it was distracting because of that.


To be honest, it does. Well, the animation is pretty strange for the first season. Parts of it are 3D and parts aren't. So you'll see it switch back and fourth. It took me several tries to really get into Kingdom because the animation drove me nuts, but stick it out about 5 episodes and you won't be able to stop watching. It's just that good!

And then the second season has really beautiful top notch animation so it's worth it!


So it stops the strange 3d bits in the second season?


Yeah! It's totally different in the second season.



gif from: thenugu.tumblr.com

Like most series that air now, there are some peices in 3D, like horse riding at times, but it's kind of impossible to escape those little bits of 3D. They're even using 3D for the biking in yowapeda, and other popular series now.
98384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/15/14


Ah okay. I'm alright with 3D in those causes, But seeing two standing people talk in 3d weirded me out.

It looks like I should stick it out for a season then. Thanks.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.