Post Reply can't turn off subtitles on android
1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/13
I first tried the ps3 version but after logging in the console freeze so I change to the android version, everything works well but it don't let me turn off the subs even after choosing 日本語 as preferred language
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 12/30/13

Livonor wrote:

I first tried the ps3 version but after logging in the console freeze so I change to the android version, everything works well but it don't let me turn off the subs even after choosing 日本語 as preferred language

Unless there has been a recent change, the Android app uses encodes with hard coded subs. For there to be a sub-less version, CR would need to encode yet another video for every episode.

1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/1/14 , edited 1/1/14
If that's the case why several subs seens to come in different languages, usually spanish and french?
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/1/14

Livonor wrote:

If that's the case why several subs seens to come in different languages, usually spanish and french?

Note the "yet another video" reference in my previous message. Does that give you a clue?

65866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

Livonor wrote:

If that's the case why several subs seens to come in different languages, usually spanish and french?


They encode another video for each language. To provide a video without subs, they would have to encode another video.

Since CR makes money from selling a service that provides subtitled translations, the demand for videos without subs will have to be much higher for CR to make any money from it.

Don't fret however, as you aren't the first one to request videos without subtitles. If the demand increases enough, CR may add this feature.
1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
The solution isn't that complex, I wouldn't mind to se the videos from the web but it seens that the only way to do so is manually clicking and turning them off in every single video, wich I simply can't do on android or PSP if they just had implemented a simple feature to hide all the subs of all the videos that other users having been asking for months or let the 'second click' options appear on other devices...
1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/14 , edited 1/2/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Livonor wrote:

If that's the case why several subs seens to come in different languages, usually spanish and french?

Note the "yet another video" reference in my previous message. Does that give you a clue?



I though that but though I was wrong because English was suppose to be the 'default', one but it just give me random languages instead. I guess it tries to choose the subs from my IP or something like that, I dunno

Edit: it's definitely not my IP, I just realized that different episodes from the same series are in different languages
65866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / San Antonio
Offline
Posted 1/2/14 , edited 1/2/14

Livonor wrote:

The solution isn't that complex, I wouldn't mind to se the videos from the web but it seens that the only way to do so is manually clicking and turning them off in every single video, wich I simply can't do on android or PSP if they just had implemented a simple feature to hide all the subs of all the videos that other users having been asking for months or let the 'second click' options appear on other devices...


For devices, the subtitles are hard coded. They are part of the actual video. There is no way to just click something and turn them off. That is why both TAO and I have explained that you would have to encode a completely separate video that did not have the subtitles hard coded into the video frame. They have to do this for each language that the video has been subtitled for.

On the website, the subtitles are soft subtitles. They are an overlay on top of the video and not part of the video.
1011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/14
I was talking about using the website from a android smartphone not the android port
You must be logged in to post.