First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate/stay night (2014) Unlimited Blade Works Anticipation and Discussion
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/2/14

SuperFinny wrote:

Same here. I watched Fate/Zero first and had a hard time finding Fate/Stay Night afterward. I never really heard anything about it so I guess that's why. It's bad. Anyway, I'm going to wait for the revamped version too.

It shouldn't have been that difficult to find:
http://www.hulu.com/fate-stay-night

They also have something else that you might find of more interest (Unlimited Blade Works):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/554358

26324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
i dont know if ufotable left a hint on the twitter pm they send out on new years day, but i actually think it might be a heavens feel route.
15800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/2/14 , edited 1/15/14
moved to later post
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
I never watched Fate/Zero or any of the Fate/ series yet. Maybe once this comes out, I'll watch it.
14271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
I have not played the visual novel. So I am rather biased towards Heaven's Feel because that was the only route that I literally know nothing about. Consequently, as a fan of Saber I would also like to see the reproduction be focused towards her, so I am rather conflicted on this matter.

I would suggest a mash-up of all three routes (which, according to the trailer, is a possibility) DEEN could not manage it very well and received a fair amount of back-lash, but with Ufotable it may be possible.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/2/14 , edited 1/3/14

Chemist wrote:

I have not played the visual novel. So I am rather biased towards Heaven's Feel because that was the only route that I literally know nothing about. Consequently, as a fan of Saber I would also like to see the reproduction be focused towards her, so I am rather conflicted on this matter.

I would suggest a mash-up of all three routes (which, according to the trailer, is a possibility) DEEN could not manage it very well and received a fair amount of back-lash, but with Ufotable it may be possible.


Well, I wouldn't call DEEN's adaptation a mash-up of all three routes. It was more of the first route, Stay Night, with bits from the other two worked in. If one were to view it without any prior knowledge of there ever being a visual novel, it's actually a very decent work.

The manga does the same as DEEN's adaptation but is the superior work. The reason being the author makes everything flow together nicely instead of awkwardly - that is if you were to compare it to the visual novel. On its own it's the same as above. A very decent, even above decent, work.

For Ufotable's attempt at tackling it, I hope they do more to include all three routes, but they can't possibly do all three at once and expect it to come out as nothing other than a mess. They have to stick with one basic route and then expand/add on to it with the other two to the best of their ability.

For instance,

22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/2/14 , edited 1/2/14
Before anybody reads ANYTHING. I JUST GOT IT

UFOTABLE = UFO Table
This blew my god damn mind half an hour ago.


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't call DEEN's adaptation a mash-up of all three routes. It was more of the first route, Stay Night, with bits from the other two worked in. If one were to view it without any prior knowledge of there ever being a visual novel, it's actually a very decent work.

The manga does the same as DEEN's adaptation but is the superior work. The reason being the author makes everything flow together nicely instead of awkwardly - that is if you were to compare it to the visual novel. On its own it's the same as above. A very decent, even above decent, work.

For Ufotable's attempt at tackling it, I hope they do more to include all three routes, but they can't possibly do all three at once and expect it to come out as nothing other than a mess. They have to stick with one basic route and then expand/add on to it with the other two to the best of their ability.

Mainly, smoothly transitioning between the different plotlines to form one all encompassing "true route".


I agree, but you might want to edit in a Spoiler tag for the Paragraph I completely deleted from the Quote.

According to the PV and Fate/Zero, it's looking to be the much wanted Heavens Feel.

While most of the routes tend to drop side characters, Heavens Feel manages to force everyone of that "New Generation" in there. It's all about Shirou, Rin, and Sakura. That PV makes it sound like they are treating this like a sequel to Fate/Zero, and the plot will move forward as tho the audience already knows that stuff.

Oh, and going off the 17+ on Fate/Zero, WE WILL FINALLY GET OUR ANIMATED SEX SCENE, AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Seriously, Mainstream anime from 2013 ALONE has provided us with Giant's eating people, at least 1 account of Shounen Rape, Manservice the anime, and Wincest.

I think we're ready for our Fate/ENOUGH CGI DRAGONS AND DOLPHINS JUST ANIMATE THE DAMN SCENE.


46118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 1/2/14
I think they should animate ALL THREE routes, first Fate, then Unlimited Blade Works, then Heaven's Feel.
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/3/14

tobi-wan-kenobito wrote:

I think they should animate ALL THREE routes, first Fate, then Unlimited Blade Works, then Heaven's Feel.


But we already have an animated version of Fate and Unlimited Blade Works.
46118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 1/3/14 , edited 1/3/14

Felstalker wrote:


tobi-wan-kenobito wrote:

I think they should animate ALL THREE routes, first Fate, then Unlimited Blade Works, then Heaven's Feel.


But we already have an animated version of Fate and Unlimited Blade Works.


But weren't they not as good? I never watched or read any Fate/Stay Night, only some summaries, so please understand if I sound like a noob (I love Fate/Zero, though)
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/3/14

tobi-wan-kenobito wrote:


But weren't they not as good? I never watched or read any Fate/Stay Night, only some summaries, so please understand if I sound like a noob (I love Fate/Zero, though)


I do believe you should watch Fate/Stay Night then! I've considered it a Guilty Pleasure anime before this, and the Dub isn't half bad if you're more for that. It properly covers the Fate route of the VN, and assumes that you don't know Fate/Zero at all, and the primary mystery lies in Shirou trying to discover what happened while Saber acts like she's still working for Kiritsugu...as he kinda broke her...right in the heart, remember?

If you REALLY liked Saber, go check that Anime out, it's her story there man.

If you want to see the story of Shirou(who you barely know) face off against some other guy(whose popularity is second only to Saber) in a battle of ideals similar to Kiritsugu did in Fate/Zero, Unlimited Blade Works is your thing! It's got a few epic fighting action...but Saber is a little shafted here.

If you want to see what happens with Sakura and Rin and all that build up with Zouken.......you get NOTHING, GOOD DAY TO YOU! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
46118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Southern California
Offline
Posted 1/3/14


I have watched Carnival Phantasm, and I think it's nice how Saber mellows out, but I somewhat prefer Shirou's character over Saber's. I just might give Unlimited Blade Works a try!
Posted 1/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


SuperFinny wrote:

Same here. I watched Fate/Zero first and had a hard time finding Fate/Stay Night afterward. I never really heard anything about it so I guess that's why. It's bad. Anyway, I'm going to wait for the revamped version too.

It shouldn't have been that difficult to find:
http://www.hulu.com/fate-stay-night

They also have something else that you might find of more interest (Unlimited Blade Works):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/554358



Well at the time it was. I can't swear to searching high and low but I could have sworn I searched Hulu. Well whatever. Thanks.
70026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/3/14 , edited 1/3/14
Many spoilers in this thread.


Felstalker wrote:

Oh, and going off the 17+ on Fate/Zero, WE WILL FINALLY GET OUR ANIMATED SEX SCENE, AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Seriously, Mainstream anime from 2013 ALONE has provided us with Giant's eating people, at least 1 account of Shounen Rape, Manservice the anime, and Wincest.

I think we're ready for our Fate/ENOUGH CGI DRAGONS AND DOLPHINS JUST ANIMATE THE DAMN SCENE.

I'm also curious about this. Considering how circumspect they were about it in Fate/Zero (if it was even included at all in the original novels) I'm wondering if they'll just write out the need to have sex to transfer magic power.

Because... Waver and Rider...

Also,
26324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 1/5/14
which ever route it is im sure ufotable can make it great, very exited for it
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.