First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
Post Reply The Irregular at Magic High School Discussions
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
The dresses are very pretttty.
Koda89 
17378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Online
Posted 4/12/14
Badass MC is badass.
19853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Koda89 wrote:

Badass MC is badass.


sometimes a badass MC just needs to lay down the law.
111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
I had read that the MC was a bit of a Gary Stu, so I was wary coming into these first couple episodes.

After finishing episode 2, I can say that yes, he has Gary Stu-like qualities, but it isn't super prominent, and it's a nice change of pace to have a competent male lead for once.

This show is definitely on my watch list.
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
This is one of the best male MCs in awhile for me, I can really fall for him.
47362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/12/14
XLegs: It's only the second episode. Give it two more eps I think, before his Gary Stu-ness is fully revealed.
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

XLegs: It's only the second episode. Give it two more eps I think, before his Gary Stu-ness is fully revealed.


In a good or bad way there? lol I thought he was saying Gary Stu was a bad thing.
47362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
Gary Stu is almost never a good thing, unless it's done for comedic purposes (which I don't think it is meant to be in this show).

I found him really annoying after while, that and his coldness just rubbed me the wrong way. I liked the setting and the story, I just didn't really care for him.
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

kitsuneshoujo wrote:

Gary Stu is almost never a good thing, unless it's done for comedic purposes (which I don't think it is meant to be in this show).

I found him really annoying after while, that and his coldness just rubbed me the wrong way. I liked the setting and the story, I just didn't really care for him.


Oh so you dislike MC. Gotcha.
38390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 4/12/14
Pretty sure Tatsuya and Kirito are two peas in a pod.
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Insomnist wrote:

Pretty sure Tatsuya and Kirito are two peas in a pod.


lol how so?
56471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
Gary Stu ..Mary Sue ....MC ....


Yeah the dresses are pretty .... but I would prefer to make the dudes coat ..becuase I might cosplay Gary Stu himself
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14
I liked the MC and now people are saying bad things xD I cant win today.
38390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 4/12/14 , edited 4/12/14

Sacae89 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

Pretty sure Tatsuya and Kirito are two peas in a pod.

lol how so?

They're both textbook Gary Stus; doesn't mean they can't be likable though.

My problem with Tatsuya is harder to define, I just bridle every time he shuts his sister up by waving his hand in her face like some kind of Jedi Knight. I thought it was sexist at first, but now I just think he looks down on everyone equally.

I doubt that's what the author was going for though, so if I just ignore that I'm pretty fine with everything.
60586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/12/14

Insomnist wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:

Pretty sure Tatsuya and Kirito are two peas in a pod.

lol how so?

They're both textbook Gary Stus; doesn't mean they can't be likable though.

My problem with Tatsuya is harder to define, I just bridle every time he shuts his sister up by waving his hand in her face like some kind of Jedi Knight. I thought it was sexist at first, but now I just think he looks down on everyone equally.

I doubt that's what the author was going for though, so if I just ignore that I'm pretty fine with everything.


Ah okay.

We'll see in time I guess.
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.