First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Sailor Moon
877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/4/14
Well I dont watch sailor moon anymore but I always wondered something, maybe im not the only one. So when sailor moon confronted her enemies and then transforms, how come the enemy never attacks her? Its kinda funny when you think about it lol. There like, "oh wait, transform first then we fight." I mean if there evil you'd think they would. Lol
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/4/14
I always figured it was happening in bullet-time.
21167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / orbiting Jupiter
Offline
Posted 1/4/14 , edited 1/4/14
What Insomenist said. It's basically there just to fill up air time. The episodes would be fairly short with out them. In the manga they just say sailor ________ make up and bam they're done.
The Wise Wizard
100955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/4/14

Leechan69 wrote:

There like, "oh wait, transform first then we fight." I mean if there evil you'd think they would. Lol

You mean something like this?:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/63759e4d8076f2ec94c0968823fb5a0f/tumblr_mo9agfUsGI1qjjo6wo1_1280.jpg

I always thought the transformations took place in a pocket of subspace, and appeared to be nearly instantaneous to anyone else.

I can't recall which show it was, but I recall once seeing one episode that showed a transformation from the "outside" view, and there was basically a flash of light and it was over.

3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 1/4/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Leechan69 wrote:

There like, "oh wait, transform first then we fight." I mean if there evil you'd think they would. Lol

You mean something like this?:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/63759e4d8076f2ec94c0968823fb5a0f/tumblr_mo9agfUsGI1qjjo6wo1_1280.jpg

I always thought the transformations took place in a pocket of subspace, and appeared to be nearly instantaneous to anyone else.

I can't recall which show it was, but I recall once seeing one episode that showed a transformation from the "outside" view, and there was basically a flash of light and it was over.



LOL

I posted that in the other Sailor moon thread
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/14
Reminder that Sailor Jupiter is the best.

Also I guess the enemies just sit back and enjoy whenever the Sailor Scouts transform.
35775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 1/4/14
Wait... Will there be a sailor pluto now
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/5/14
Ever watch a Masked Rider or Space Sheriff series. Now a days the transformation are just taken for granted but they used to have an announcer explain that the actual change only took like 0.5 seconds and that the audience gets to see it in slow motion as a special treat.


Think of it like Captain Marvel
"SHAZAM!"

ready for action


....
..
.

crap now I have to separate Captain Marvel from Magical Girls in my head.
wyrvan 
59242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Online
Posted 1/5/14

Greylurker wrote:

Ever watch a Masked Rider or Space Sheriff series. Now a days the transformation are just taken for granted but they used to have an announcer explain that the actual change only took like 0.5 seconds and that the audience gets to see it in slow motion as a special treat.


Think of it like Captain Marvel
"SHAZAM!"

ready for action


....
..
.

crap now I have to separate Captain Marvel from Magical Girls in my head.


Like Mary Marvel?
95164 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/5/14

wyrvan wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

Ever watch a Masked Rider or Space Sheriff series. Now a days the transformation are just taken for granted but they used to have an announcer explain that the actual change only took like 0.5 seconds and that the audience gets to see it in slow motion as a special treat.


Think of it like Captain Marvel
"SHAZAM!"

ready for action


....
..
.

crap now I have to separate Captain Marvel from Magical Girls in my head.


Like Mary Marvel?

She works just fine

It's getting the mental image of Cap in her skirt that's bothering me right now

wyrvan 
59242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Online
Posted 1/5/14 , edited 1/5/14

Greylurker wrote:


wyrvan wrote:


Greylurker wrote:

Ever watch a Masked Rider or Space Sheriff series. Now a days the transformation are just taken for granted but they used to have an announcer explain that the actual change only took like 0.5 seconds and that the audience gets to see it in slow motion as a special treat.


Think of it like Captain Marvel
"SHAZAM!"

ready for action


....
..
.

crap now I have to separate Captain Marvel from Magical Girls in my head.


Like Mary Marvel?

She works just fine

It's getting the mental image of Cap in her skirt that's bothering me right now



Hey, at least its not Uncle Marvel in drag.
The Wise Wizard
100955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/5/14

FumblesRX78 wrote:

Reminder that Sailor Jupiter is the best.

Also I guess the enemies just sit back and enjoy whenever the Sailor Scouts transform.

"Enjoy" brings to mind a certain Robot Chicken skit (which I believe was in their very first episode):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAF-joDT5ZQ

877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/5/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


Leechan69 wrote:

There like, "oh wait, transform first then we fight." I mean if there evil you'd think they would. Lol

You mean something like this?:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/63759e4d8076f2ec94c0968823fb5a0f/tumblr_mo9agfUsGI1qjjo6wo1_1280.jpg

I always thought the transformations took place in a pocket of subspace, and appeared to be nearly instantaneous to anyone else.

I can't recall which show it was, but I recall once seeing one episode that showed a transformation from the "outside" view, and there was basically a flash of light and it was over.






eightcar wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


Leechan69 wrote:

There like, "oh wait, transform first then we fight." I mean if there evil you'd think they would. Lol

You mean something like this?:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/63759e4d8076f2ec94c0968823fb5a0f/tumblr_mo9agfUsGI1qjjo6wo1_1280.jpg

I always thought the transformations took place in a pocket of subspace, and appeared to be nearly instantaneous to anyone else.

I can't recall which show it was, but I recall once seeing one episode that showed a transformation from the "outside" view, and there was basically a flash of light and it was over.



LOL

I posted that in the other Sailor moon thread


Yes, exactly. Why dont the bad guys do this?? Lol
3051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Galaxy
Offline
Posted 1/5/14
Lol Sailer Moon isn't the only anime like that.I know a couple animes like that and I always wonder the same thing.
5739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/14
I always wondered about that. Actually, I remember being 8-years-old and sitting in front of the TV thinking shit like "oh my god why doesn't Zoicite just kill her? She could kill her so easily right now and win and the Negaverse would RULE why doesn't she do it ahhhh" Yeah, I actually wanted the bad guys to win. XD
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.