First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Have You Ever Fallen Out of Love With A Favorite Anime?
17304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ames, Iowa, USA
Offline
Posted 1/8/14
Naruto for me. filler after filler after filler after filler gets to be a grind. Also I fell out of and fell back in love with Haruhi Suzumiya during the Endless Eight arc. That was rough in every way imaginable
40329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 1/8/14

chrome_mist wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

I might have to agree with Bleach. For some reason, when i was younger i watched it...like alot.
Maybe because i wasn't paying attention to it in detail...



But truth be told the Soul Society arc
is one of the best arcs in anime ever.




Oh heck yeah, there's no denying that.
The other arcs tho...meh.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

chrome_mist wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

I might have to agree with Bleach. For some reason, when i was younger i watched it...like alot.
Maybe because i wasn't paying attention to it in detail...



But truth be told the Soul Society arc
is one of the best arcs in anime ever.


Again with the agreement! It had everything you wanted out of Bleach, and hell gave a proper ending. Sometimes I think it was supposed to end their...but noooooope.
33414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
One Piece,

I've used to always watch it at night when it aired on Toonami (alongside DBZ) but after a while I just lost interest in it and am not really interested in returning either, not after hearing how ridiculously slow the pacing is. (+ Filler Arcs)

Bleach,

I enjoyed the beginning of the series but I just felt like the show started going down in quality after the first 100-150 episodes.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

MagnaAnima wrote:

One Piece,

I've used to always watch it at night when it aired on Toonami (alongside DBZ) but after a while I just lost interest in it and am not really interested in returning either, not after hearing how ridiculously slow the pacing is. (+ Filler Arcs)
The reason it has a slow pace is because it has like no filler arcs. In the last 200 episodes there's been like 14 or 15 filler eps and only 7 of those were from filler arcs. I actually think I prefer this to the Naruto way of fillers for 6 months then canon for 6 months way.

30480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

Grauger wrote:

Shakugan no Shana for me, I hit the 3rd season and everything changed. I dropped it midway through episode 1 after marathoning the previous two seasons.


Yes, it was different. But different isn't always bad. I was shocked at first as well. But I think the series ended well. You might want to see it through. What is a season? 13? I believe there were 24/25 episodes each season. well, I call it a season cause the name changed, I could be mistakened.
33414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

Crow009 wrote:
The reason it has a slow pace is because it has like no filler arcs. In the last 200 episodes there's been like 14 or 15 filler eps and only 7 of those were from filler arcs. I actually think I prefer this to the Naruto way of fillers for 6 months then canon for 6 months way.



Yeah, I've only seen about 280 episodes and one of my friends told me they were adding filler arcs, he could be and probably is wrong though... I haven't watched this show in years, and I agree with Naruto.. those last 40 episodes or so were a pain! I never knew what filler was until I've seen all that.

I haven't seen Shippuden yet and despite the infuriating 40-60 episode filler end to the original, I've just become much to intrigued with it's universe and want to see how it all goes down with this one, well that and I've read articles stating Kishimoto is ending the manga this year.

But with One Piece, idk... maybe when the show reaches the end I might continue it again, but as of now I'm just not interested
1557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Academy City
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
I used to love Black Butler. I would watch it every day! Then I decided to watch Detective Conan, and Black Butler became forgotten.... or maybe replaced would be a better word. I still watch it every now and then, but not as much as I used to.
534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Washington
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

MagnaAnima wrote: Yeah, I've only seen about 280 episodes and one of my friends told me they were adding filler arcs, he could be and probably is wrong though... I haven't watched this show in years, and I agree with Naruto.. those last 40 episodes or so were a pain! I never knew what filler was until I've seen all that.

I haven't seen Shippuden yet and despite the infuriating 40-60 episode filler end to the original, I've just become much to intrigued with it's universe and want to see how it all goes down with this one, well that and I've read articles stating Kishimoto is ending the manga this year.

But with One Piece, idk... maybe when the show reaches the end I might continue it again, but as of now I'm just not interested
Yeah he's wrong. It was especially around episode 300 that they almost stopped adding filler arcs. Every once in a while there is one though(mostly as epilogues for the movies).

He said that it's going towards the climax. So a year would be nice but it's possible that it's more. Actually there was near 90 episodes of filler for Naruto, 99% of it was at the end. Basically right after the whole Sasuke thing it turned to filler to the end. It looks like you might have enjoyed some of the filler in Naruto. Shippuden's filler is more spread out amongst the series unlike the first one where almost all of it was at the end. Which is good and makes it easier to watch but I feel the filler quality dropped about halfway through.

Well be prepared to wait a while. It probably has about 10 years left for the manga.

35796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / My Chair, OH
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

tehshrapnel wrote:


Grauger wrote:

Shakugan no Shana for me, I hit the 3rd season and everything changed. I dropped it midway through episode 1 after marathoning the previous two seasons.


Yes, it was different. But different isn't always bad. I was shocked at first as well. But I think the series ended well. You might want to see it through. What is a season? 13? I believe there were 24/25 episodes each season. well, I call it a season cause the name changed, I could be mistakened.


You are correct, I usually refer to a season of an anime based on how long it continuously aired (ex. Shana aired for 24~ episodes and that counts as a season for me). I doubt I can actually sit through all of the episodes though, if I had watched it when it did air I probably could, but I am very hyperactive in watching my anime that if I delay watching it I'll probably never finish it.
2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/9/14 , edited 1/9/14
Never really happened to me because I only started watching anime quite recently.

I used to love Rurouni Kenshin like nothing else in the world could compare, but after watching One Piece, I found that there were still tons of great stuff out there, and I started an anime binge that has gone over a year now!
The start of Naruto Shippuden was great, and I actually liked the start of the war arc to, but now I find that the other ongoing series I'm watching (Kill la Kill, HxH & One Piece are keeping me interested more).
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 1/9/14

SaintJames012 wrote:

Naruto for me. filler after filler after filler after filler gets to be a grind. Also I fell out of and fell back in love with Haruhi Suzumiya during the Endless Eight arc. That was rough in every way imaginable


I was the same with naruto , but i found a post on MAL that cut the fillers out. I finally got through Naruto and on to shippuden. Man is it worth it, shippuden is pretty awesome, This is coming from somebody who used to dispise shounen series like this. Not gonna tell you what to do but your missing out on shippuden.
18772 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / I don't know??
Offline
Posted 1/9/14 , edited 1/9/14
It would have to be bleach i still like the show but not how i used to. the show became to predictable after a while it also repeated too much with ichigo losing his power then gaining it then losing it again.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/26/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.