First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What do you say we help each other.
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

perryc07 wrote:

Supasoggyrolle,

AcikoPop2 was gifted an account on your behalf!

Best


Thank you for doing something good for someone else on my behalf. You're a good dude. And for the record, I wasn't trying to deter you, I was simply saying that people could get anime for free and other people could use the money more. It's just my personal opinion that doesn't change the fact that your helping people out in your own way.

I would be careful who you take advice from about other people. Because a person like Kirika, likes to make up stuff in her own head about people's intentions, irregardless of what they specifically said and then preach that delusion as fact. And then, when she's shown she is wrong and arrogant for making wrongheaded assumptions about people she doesn't know, she throws up her hands, results to low-brow insults like "freak", and runs behind their back to run them down after saying she'd rather agree to disagree.

Low quality behavior like that speaks for itself, beyond any congratulations she may give for others doing kind deeds.

Speaking for MYSELF, I don't discourage (not "patronize", she has a tendency to use the wrong words in the wrong places in an attempt to sound smart.) people who do good deeds. And I think you're doing a good deed trying to give gifts. What I would have discouraged, was if you were doing good deeds, and telling everybody who you were and putting your picture up, so you could look like a good person. Then, it's about getting props and not helping people.

But, that's neither here nor there, because you're not doing anything like that.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

perryc07 wrote:

I'll make this simple. I love anime. I love people. I know that anime can be looked down on by some as childish or abnormal for adults to enjoy. However, I am an adult with a great job and great employees and I have no problem telling people that I enjoy anime. Do not ask me why, but I love it and it connects with me on a molecular level.

So here's my thought. Many animes have brought me joy and given me things to look forward to even through my hectic work life. It breaks me away from reality and is some what healing or therapeutic to just let go of reality.

That being said, every week I am going to buy someone a 1 month membership so maybe it can have the same effect on their lives as well.

Last week I bought limetega and mow123 a membership and I know they enjoyed it, and were very thankful for the gesture.


Best!

PS- I have a 6 year old son and he already loves the anime he can watch with dubs. He's also very interested in my "cartoons with Chinese words" and can't wait for him to be able to read proficiently!


37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Sometimes gifting someone something that can uplift their spirit is just as, if not more, important as helping them meet their physical needs.

Not always, but sometimes it is.
26053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Supasoggyrolle,

I've enjoyed our exchange. Dialogue is a good thing. Also, if I listened to everyone's opinion on everyone else I'd have no friends.

Best
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

perryc07 wrote:

Supasoggyrolle,

I've enjoyed our exchange. Dialogue is a good thing. Also, if I listened to everyone's opinion on everyone else I'd have no friends.

Best


I also enjoyed it, Perry. And I agree with you that open discussion and debate is a good thing. When you're open minded it expands your world. I'll tell you this, you and others in this thread reminded me to not just focus on showing love to the needy, but also those who are close to you who just need a little affection, whether they are dirt poor or not.

You're also right about not taking the 3rd party opinions of others to heart. I wouldn't have any friends, either. Let others actions and deeds speak for themselves whether they are low quality or high quality individuals.

At any rate, thanks again for doing that good deed on my behalf, bro. In that spirit, I would like to do something good for you, as well. (Maybe it's good, I don't know. It's not much and you might already know about it.) But, I know alot of people here are always looking for good anime to watch. Here's a link so that whenever you're looking for some good anime, you'll know what thousands of viewers consider to be the absolute best. Personally, it's completely changed my anime viewing experience. I rarely ever see bad animes anymore since going by this list.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php?top50=best_bayesian&n=500

Again, it's not much (maybe nothing at all if you already know it), but I'm inspired to try and do something good for you as well. (As well as the others on this thread, who might be looking for good anime to watch.)

Peace.





26053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
Never seen the link, so consider this a win! I have something to do all night now! Thanks

Best
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14


Is this a fighting ring now? lol you're funny.... I'll put it in spoilers because I don't want to flood this thread with this nonsense.

2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

kirika202 wrote:



Is this a fighting ring now? lol you're funny.... I'll put it in spoilers because I don't want to flood this thread with this nonsense.



See? This is what I'm talking about. Anyone with a computer can go to the start of this thread and see that you were the one that brought this nonsense over here, by slandering me to Perry. You brought this here AFTER I said I was done on the other thread. Yet, in your own head, you think it's me who brought it over here. (And even think people would actually care enough about our problem to go to another thread and read our arguments.) Weren't you the one PMing me saying that you didn't want to fill threads with this fight? What are you doing?

And yes, you are using Ambiguous incorrectly. Because Ambiguous means that I wasn't clear on my position. When I practically wrote a novel detailing my position. And, like I said before and I'll say again, I said exactly what I thought. Everybody else can seem to get that, but you.

And you know full well why I sent you a PM, because I'm not the type, like yourself, who would intimate "Let's agree to disagree" and then turn around, run to another thread and start slandering the person there. I go directly to your face with my grievances. I guess that's "sick" to someone who prefers backstabbing, instead. And the truth is insulting. I told you exactly what I thought. Running behind someone's back who said they were done, to backbite AFTER they said it and you said you were done, is cowardly and low quality behavior. I stand by that. And I'm not afraid for God to see that, that's EXACTLY how I feel about it, and am not afraid to say so. Why? He already knows I hate serpentine behavior more than anything.

Lastly, I don't have to hide behind the Bible and I didn't "admit" anything here. I said that I would have a problem if Perry was doing this for glory and recognition. And I would. And, once again, that means nothing for the other thread because as I said a million times, I. DON'T. KNOW. IF. THAT. WAS. HIS. INTENT. So, no, I admit to nothing. Because I'm not slamming the other guy, either. Because I don't know.

But, as I already said. Enough. Just go your own way, already, Ms. "I don't want to spread this fight through threads, so I'll just spread this fight through threads with links to other threads."
2942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The IshVille
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

perryc07 wrote:

Never seen the link, so consider this a win! I have something to do all night now! Thanks

Best


No problem, man. Glad you enjoy it!
26053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:

No problem, man. Glad you enjoy it!



Still loving it. Just loaded up my cart and bought several blu ray box sets based on that list. Thanks again.

Anyone want to draw a sweet picture for the membership giveaway this Friday? I know a one month is only $6.95 but hey it was just a thought.

Best
3388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Hidden leaf village
Offline
Posted 1/20/14

supasoggyrolle wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, because I believe you're serious. (Though, part of me thinks there's an outside chance you're running some sort of scam where we agree to do this, and then you take our credit card info or something.)

But...

Nobody has to buy anyone a membership to come here and get exposed to anime. There's more anime available here for free than there is under a premium membership. If you want to expose people to anime, just send them a link to this place. Or, a link to Anime News Network, or Hulu, or Funimation or The Anime Network, or any of the dozen or so places where they can watch it for free.

I'm not with you. If I'm going to buy someone something they can't afford, it's going to be food, shelter or a warm jacket.


i agree

Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/26/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.